Rockband: Pro Drummers or Rockband Players? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Rockband: Pro Drummers or Rockband Players?

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
Dev

Rep: 24 (Unique: 24)
Rockband: Pro Drummers or Rockband Players?

Hi Everyone!

I currently run a PS3 FatBoy (4-USB Model) and PS4 Pro. I been learning drums with Rockband for about a little over 1.5 years now. I got lucky to obtain a PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter. My drums configuration is an Alesis Command Mesh kit with Pearl P932 Demonator Right Footed Single Chain with Interchangeable Cam Powershifter. Any Pro Drummers here? What is your setup like?

The Story:
I originally got this game on Nintendo Wii for the kids to play with the toy drums and guitar for Christmas. They did play with it for a while but then decided not to use it much. I grabbed the game for the PS3 and a kids drums set because it looks better and I felt it worked better. However my son who was excited about the game decided not to play it much frustrated at the pads and such. I then picked up local an Alesis Nitro non-mesh model for $200 only 6 months old. I got lucky to have found a PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter on Amazon. So I grab that for him and he loved it.

After a while he was not playing it, so I decided to play with it here and there for about 20mins each time. Eventually I got hooked on it and continue playing it. Eventually on 2019 Christmas I was gifted (by my wife and kids) an upgraded model an Alesis Command Mesh kit to continue my obsession of this game and drums. I now own almost all the Rockband games and I just want more. LOL! Might even buy another PS4 just for the Rockband Rival since I like keeping my Pro model in the family room for other games play nights. Even considering in a year or so to upgrade to a Roland or higher end Alesis but trying to use this model to beat up and learn as much as I can before a higher expensive model upgrade.

On a side note I have come from playing bass guitar on Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 + (DLCs).

I wish they release Rockband for PC so I can just have my PC and drums which are already connected is. I thought I saw a project trying to go that route in 2016 but funding was limited. I think was one of those start up deals to make $1.5mil for the project. I think we reached 750k. Sadly I wish they attempt something like that again or just get it started. I am sure it will sell.

-PS3-
Rockband 1
Rockband 2
Rockband 3 + (DLCs)
Green Day: Rock Band
LEGO: Rock Band
The Beatles: Rock Band
Rock Band: Country Track Pack 1
Rock Band: Country Track Pack 2

-PS4-
Rockband 4 Rivals + (DLCs)

-Hardwares-
PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter
Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS2 Dolby Surround
Alesis Command Mesh Drum Kit
Pearl P932 Demonator Right Footed Single Chain with Interchangeable Cam Powershifter
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drums_Setup(1080).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	571.0 KB
ID:	350074  

PROCESSOR: AMD RYZE 7 3700X | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO x570 | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO | MEMORY: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 64GB 4x16 | GRAPHIC CARD: EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra | CASE: Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB ATX High Airflow | POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RMx Series RM850x — 850 Watt 80 PLUS | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 970 500GB M.2 / 250GB M.2 / 1TB WD Black /4TB WD Blue | MONITOR: SAMSUNG - CHG7 Series C27HG70QQN | AUDIO:SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Last edited by ITAngel; 05-28-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 08:29 PM
woot

Rep: 259 (Unique: 214)
definitely not a pro...i am barely even a hack.

running the midi adapter on ps3 connected to an expanded yamaha kit. kit started out as a yamaha dtx express and i added dual pdp pedals. After buying a leftover yamaha rack and eventually replacing all the pads (pie cymbals especially werent cutting it), i moved to a dtx500 module. have left it alone since

i built the kit because the ps drum kit was utter garbage. that led me into taking some lessons and playing rb regularly. now i play once in awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by h00chi3 go_quote.gif

There are some things that smoke can come out of and still be good, for instance, a bong. Bad things for smoke to come out of, computer parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in