3ds xl vs PS vita vs sheild. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

3ds xl vs PS vita vs sheild.

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 2)
Hey guys I'm torn between these devices.

I think the sheild is cool and how you can stream games that are on your computer... However this is limited to being WiFi connected and only in my house. The rest of the games I would be stuck to playing Android games which I could otherwise play on my phone and they don't really interest me all that much.

The 3ds is overpriced for whatbits worth, however I could see my self enjoying mario, donkeykong and what not since I had fun with my n64 back in the day.

The PS vita has the best price but its true they are no longer making new games? I would play unchartered and games like that but beyond that i domt see myself playing japanense ports...I just want to plug in a game and go. Using it for remote play isna moot point since I don't have a ps4 and will not be getting one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 09:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 145 (Unique: 110)
I would go for the shield myself.
Streaming your games anywhere in your house is cool. Plus you get a functional tablet at the same time
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 09:59 AM
VROOM VROOM

Rep: 380 (Unique: 328)
I have all three of these devices and I can say they each of their own set of games that make them worth it.
So depending on what games you want to actually play would determine which one you would want to get.

I personally really like my shield compared to the 3ds and vita, however the vita does have some good games available for it.

The game streaming on the shield is really cool, but only works well for games that are able to withstand control latency, as that is an issue.
Games that need latency perfect controls suffer a fair amount when being streamed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 09:59 AM
PC Enthusiast

Rep: 118 (Unique: 108)
Definately shield.

You can stream your pc games anywhere in the world, as long as you have internet. Not only your house. wink.gif

There will soon be a new version of the shield with a much better gpu though.
Not sure of release day.

Main Rig:
Asus Strix X299-A , Intel Core i7-7800x @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz CL16 , Asus Geforce GTX 1080ti FE, Corsair RM850i, 3x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB in Raid0, WD Blue 1TB, Custom Watercooling.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

How well does the shield work on the WiFi? I have a pretty crappy connection in my house WiFi...I would like to play the witcher 3 from my pc maxed out with my gtx 970 is that possible with the shield? Also I would get the portable since its cheaper than the tablet and more portable lol. Where would you buy the shield in Canada? I have not been able to find it anywhere.

With the Ps vita when it gets phased out where would you download additional games since there will probably not be any more released in the store. Also with PS vita I would buy It hands down for the price but my concern is not using it when I play all the main games for it and all there is left is gamesn im not really interested in like hotline miami. They mentioned cross platform with ps4 to vita...does this mean that alot of ps4 games will get ported to the vita?...or is that just the remote play? As mentioned I don't have a ps4 so remote play is a moot point.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yeah I don't know what the deal is with the shield I can't find it anywhere and on amazon.CA and eBay it's like $600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in