Far Cry 5 easter egg - Mysteryous Radio Messages... Solved? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Far Cry 5 easter egg - Mysteryous Radio Messages... Solved?

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Far Cry 5 easter egg - Mysteryous Radio Messages... Solved?

So recently I stumbled onto this Far Cry 5 eater egg video detailing how there are some places in the map where you can hear strange radio messages that seem to be calls for help or warnings, but nothing I could find online suggests that anyone has any idea wat the story behind them is.

But I'm pretty sure I know the answer...

Last time I booted up Far Cry 5 I heard on of these messages. Right away I knew it was a reference to The Division 2. If I remember correctly, the only words I remember in the message were "Emergency" and something about Washington DC. I didn't think much of it at the time beyond "oh thats a creative way to advertise one of their new games", but it seems I may have cracked the code to an easter egg that no one else has publicly found a solution for.

I just want to note here that I am pretty certain that all of these messages people have heard are a reference to the fallout situation in the Division 2, and I am curious if anyone else has heard any of these messages in Far Cry 5? I am pretty sure they were not in the game at launch, or there were fewer of them. They seem to have been added in at some point to reference The Division 2.

Somewhat related, there has been a lot of speculation that Ubisoft is going to start doing what Marvel with super hero movies and merge games into the same universes, so this easter egg fits perfectly with that idea.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti

Last edited by UltraMega; 04-23-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Bump

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in