Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Ikari or Xai

Thread: Ikari or Xai
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
lmnop
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 242 (Unique: 154)
steelseries Ikari Laser and Mionix Saiph 3200 use the same Cypress laser sensor. the sensor has some negative acceleration but it's not nearly as bad as the Microsoft Intellimouse series. Medusa-USA has the Mionix Saiph 3200 for $55.63. a feature I really like on mice is rubber siding which the Mionix Saiph 3200 has.

I have never had any problems with the steelseries Ikari Laser with finger tip grip.

if you want more information on the steelseries Ikari Laser grips see this video.

film_go.pngYouTube- Steelseries Ikari Laser Gaming Mouse Review

I have layed out some heavy weights from OGL and STA with the steelseries Ikari Laser so I don't have anything negative to say about it.

I like steelseries mice because the sensors meet my requirements, they use microswitches and scroll wheels that Logitech and Razer don't use and have good build quality.

both optical and laser mice are designed to project a light, the light is reflected back to the CMOS, CMOS creates low to medium resolution gray-scale images and sends them to the DSP, DSP detects changes in patterns between movements, DSP calculates how far the mouse has moved using a coordinate system.

the light in a laser is much higher in energy than a light emitting diode and produces a speckle pattern allowing it to resolve shiny, transparent and other surfaces such as these.

Avago 6010 in the Logitech G5 (Laser)

Avago 3080E in the Logitech MX-518 (Optical)

in years past optical sensors like the Avago 3080E were faster than laser sensors except the average person isn't going to moving their mouse over 2 m/s.

lasers are more advanced they can track more accurately and on multiple surfaces. negative acceleration, positive acceleration, jitter, skipping and angle snapping are all problems that exist both on laser and optical.

Christine

- Christine