Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: what do you think about this build? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-27-2016 02:58 PM
vallonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee0 View Post

However you voiced your opinion in favor of the aftermarket cooler saying ''it's a must'' and that's essentially giving your recommendation. I would say if you want to run stock speeds and bring the costs down run stock. It won't be louder than your GPU anyways.

The aftermarket cooler was already in the system he was asking advice on. I did not add it as a recommendation therefore not adding to the cost of the build.

That was the context of my quote that you "just" responded to.

In any case, I'm sure that the OP has made up his mind by now.
10-27-2016 08:07 AM
Lee0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallonen View Post

Yeah that's a fair point but neither you or I made that recommendation. biggrin.gif
However you voiced your opinion in favor of the aftermarket cooler saying ''it's a must'' and that's essentially giving your recommendation. I would say if you want to run stock speeds and bring the costs down run stock. It won't be louder than your GPU anyways.
10-23-2016 08:28 PM
TwoCables
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow749 View Post

Do you think I need to add some extra fan to the tower case front? It comes with one 140mm in the front and another one in the rear. Should be enough to keep a good air flow or better add another one in the front?

 

It's perfect. Even replacing those with 120mm fans would be enough (like, if you had to for some reason). The reason is, you're not overclocking and you're going to have just one GTX 1070.

10-23-2016 05:40 AM
willow749 Do you think I need to add some extra fan to the tower case front? It comes with one 140mm in the front and another one in the rear. Should be enough to keep a good air flow or better add another one in the front?
10-22-2016 06:15 PM
ZealotKi11er
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow749 View Post

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate them.

I'd like to keep the aftermarket cooler because in summer my room gets pretty hot and it will help to keep the CPU at good temperatures. Also, it is not expensive.

Going for a Z170 + faster memories will increase the cost and I don't know if it's really worth. I'm not an expert so maybe you can tell me, whats better, 2133MHz CL14 or 2400MHz CL15/16?

Faster memory makes a lot of difference. Try to go for 3000MHz.
10-22-2016 04:15 PM
willow749 Thanks for your replies, I appreciate them.

I'd like to keep the aftermarket cooler because in summer my room gets pretty hot and it will help to keep the CPU at good temperatures. Also, it is not expensive.

Going for a Z170 + faster memories will increase the cost and I don't know if it's really worth. I'm not an expert so maybe you can tell me, whats better, 2133MHz CL14 or 2400MHz CL15/16?
10-22-2016 04:14 PM
kd5151 Not a bad idea.
10-22-2016 04:12 PM
ZealotKi11er Get a Xeon E3-1230 v5 instead with : C232 MB.
10-22-2016 04:11 PM
vallonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Recommending a Z170 motherboard will increase the cost, and so does recommending faster memory. So, eliminating the aftermarket cooling will really be a big help.

Yeah that's a fair point but neither you or I made that recommendation. biggrin.gif
10-22-2016 04:08 PM
TwoCables
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallonen View Post

Yeah cost is a good reason but sticking to the aftermarket cooler doesn't increase the price and you know as well as I do that after a while that damn stock cooler will drive him crazy to the point of him ordering one anyway at which point he has to pay shipping for an item he could (should imo) have included in the first place.

But I see your point though of keeping the cost down.

 

Recommending a Z170 motherboard will increase the cost, and so does recommending faster memory. So, eliminating the aftermarket cooling will really be a big help.

This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off