Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: [EVGA] 700/900 series buy back Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
07-21-2019 04:25 PM
Ceadderman
Quote: Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
RT is the future, but the future will also have better products. Buying to be "future-proof" is the mistake here. The first-gen RT cards aren't exactly impressive at their marketed feature and clearly set a low bar to overcome. I wouldn't be surprised if the XX60 series card of the next architecture takes less of a performance hit than the 2080 when turning on RT.
RT is so Future Proof, NVidia simply lowered the performance tiers of their own products by releasing rebranded 2070 and 2060 as "Super" cards. They used their 2080 and made it 2070, which takes the place of 2060. Nothing new about these cards other than cosmetic rebadging.

~Ceadder
07-21-2019 12:55 PM
sLowEnd
Quote: Originally Posted by The Robot View Post
I often hear "RT is the future!! Buy now to be future proof". Yeah, sure, so was PhysX
RT is the future, but the future will also have better products. Buying to be "future-proof" is the mistake here. The first-gen RT cards aren't exactly impressive at their marketed feature and clearly set a low bar to overcome. I wouldn't be surprised if the XX60 series card of the next architecture takes less of a performance hit than the 2080 when turning on RT.
07-12-2019 06:02 PM
Ceadderman
Quote: Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post
Blame nVidia™ for their ridiculous prices.
No doubt. And the reason I will likely get a 5700XT even though it's mid tier. 4K at mid tier pricing is an amazing situation to be certain. Though I will likely go through AMD and still put a block on it. My last purchase was XFX RX 480 8GB OC and it cost me what 5700XT is launching at. So yeah. If nVidia were to limit their SKU list and actively sell for a reasonable price at each SKU, they would never take a hit from AMD, but they're beholding to their share holders who invested money in their company so that will NEVER happen.

~Ceadder
07-11-2019 11:45 AM
umeng2002
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Replace Nvidia with EVGA, big deal, can be any company.

EVGA is hurting the same way Nvidia is, neither is selling as much as they would want. EVGA relies a lot on NV because they became exclusives.
Blame nVidia™ for their ridiculous prices.
07-11-2019 01:31 AM
ToTheSun!
Quote: Originally Posted by The Robot View Post
I often hear "RT is the future!! Buy now to be future proof". Yeah, sure, so was PhysX
You must really hate yourself to be comparing the two in public.
07-11-2019 12:16 AM
JackCY
Quote: Originally Posted by magnek View Post
Again, only EVGA is doing this and nobody else. So can't really pin this on nVidia.
Replace Nvidia with EVGA, big deal, can be any company.

EVGA is hurting the same way Nvidia is, neither is selling as much as they would want. EVGA relies a lot on NV because they became exclusives.
07-10-2019 08:06 PM
The Robot
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Most notable is lack of RT games
I often hear "RT is the future!! Buy now to be future proof". Yeah, sure, so was PhysX
07-10-2019 07:57 PM
Ceadderman
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick the Slick View Post
This one might have slipped under the radar then I guess:


Asus Wants Your Old Graphics Cards
Okay so two Board partners out of how many?

Power Color
Palit
ASUS
XFX
Flower
Zotac
...

There is a metric poop-ton of nVidia board partners and only two of them are doing this and only one of them covers North America buy back?

I get it though. They want people to purchase new parts wherever possible and the buyback is to get the buyer a slight(and I do mean slight) discount towards their card of preference.

I purchase once and use for the life span of 3 generations. If I had a 980Ti or a 1080Ti, I wouldn't even waste my time picking up a 2080 or Ti because RT is new tech and new tech always has some hiccups. Most notable is lack of RT games available. What, 6 games at most? My Steam Library has 100 games. I won't sweat Ray Tracing since none of those games that I have or will have will get any Ray Tracing focus. Besides that I don't Game to see all the purty visuals. If I stop to smell the roses, they will be the ones on my casket if I am not careful.

Great for screenshotting though.

~Ceadder
07-10-2019 05:11 PM
magnek Yes we already covered that and it's been beaten to death already. Let's move on.
07-10-2019 04:31 PM
nick name
Quote: Originally Posted by magnek View Post
At first I was like , and then I was , and finally I had to .

Really if you have to finance a GPU, you seriously need to straighten out your priorities.
I disagree. If you can find financing for 0% and you are good with your own money (investing and saving wisely) then you should almost always take advantage. Especially on something like a car purchase. If you can put your money to work while slowly paying off a large purchase then that will net you money in the long-term.

However, on something smaller with shorter financing terms the potential to earn can be negligible.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off