Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - Reply to Topic

Thread: Official NZXT Switch 810 thread Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
04-14-2019 12:42 PM
Antykain I'm still using my good ol' Switch 810 case with my most recent build, Z390 and a 9900k. Anywho.. I am having a hard time getting rid of my old Switch 810. Still really love this thing after all these years.

Was looking into trying to find a PSU shroud for it, and actually found that ColdZero.eu (https://www.coldzero.eu/nzxt-switch-810-case-parts/). I saw some a long while back on another site/s, but I think the shroud availability is most likely long gone by now. I may try my hand at fabricating my own.. I mean, how hard can it be.. right? lol
04-01-2019 11:15 AM
Demented Is it still possible to get internal parts for this case? My man power switch assembly is totally broken, and that, as well as creating a full 24 pin cable, are the only things stopping me from using this case.
02-12-2019 10:00 AM
zoom314 Can anyone tell Me what size machine screws are used in the front of the 810, these are to mount the 120mm or 140mm fans, I gather they are about 25mm/1" long, but what type are they, M4, M3, or 6-32?
Yes I'm slowly building 2 installs. The 360x60mm Radiator in the 2nd pic is being uninstalled asap. Both PCs use Xeon E5-1650 v2 Hex core cpus.
05-29-2018 05:49 PM
thanos999 hi guys just did a new build in my 810 using a ryzen 5 2600 will post pictures as soon as i can
04-26-2018 06:53 AM
Speedster159 Can anyone share to me the updated Switch 810 top plate that had 20mm and 15mm spacing for 140mm fans?

EDIT: I can't find anywhere that sells the updated plate and NZXT is unwilling to cooperate to check and send me one if they have any more in stock.
03-04-2018 01:37 PM
con6r Hey the built in sd card reader on my switch 810 isn't working. Windows gives me a "device descriptor request failed" warning when i try to use it. Any tips? Thanks
07-15-2017 04:36 PM
jleslie246 Thanks for the tips. I had a facebook poster point me to earlier posts in this thread. IDK why I didnt look here first. lol

Ill do this soon.
07-15-2017 04:20 PM
IT Diva
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie246 View Post

Well I decided to rebuild my 810. Its a 6700k build with massive storage. I caught a sale on new egg and bought 3 WD Black HDD's for $32 each. I custom built 95% of the cables for it and I sleeved the other 5% as best as I could. This took probably 100 hours - no lie! Cable management was tough and im not to excited about the results but ive seen worse. I'm using 11 fans (Vardar F1-140 x 6, GentleTyphoon 120mm AP-15 x 4, and one 120mmx15mm Scythe SY1212SL12L to cool the back side of the cpu - this required a case mod). This is system is near silent with all fans turned down and still not too loud at max. Im using a NZXT fan controller for 10 of the 11 fans.I reused all my water cooling gear except for the new 1080TI (actually its a Titan) water block with back plate (for 1080Ti not Titan). I relocated my reservoir closer to the front of the case and turned it 90 degrees so the in/outputs are on the side and you can actually see the fancy EK logo! I swapped out my EK cpu block with crop circles to a slick one (thank you EK for selling this part directly to me!). I also redid all the hard tubing with PETG (it is so easy to work with! - 1 hour to tube this beast). For lights I went with 3mm led's in each water block and a $10 six foot RGB led strip and stuck it around the inside front perimeter. I am very pleased with the results thumb.gif

I still want to do a full window side panel (plexi or glass?). I could use help locating this if anyone knows?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Back when I has my 810, I did matching custom windows on both sides, . . clear glass on the left and red plexi on the right to hide the cable area.

The nice thing about the 810, is that the side panels are like the Phantom's, that is, with a lip at the bottom and top that folds inward.

The easiest window mod is to cut your glass or acrylic so that with one edge slid into one lip, it just pressed down to clear the other, . .

Then slide a thin, 1/8" dowel to keep the window 1/8" up off the bottom of the lower track, which keeps it locked in place by the top lip.

1/4" thick glass works perfectly, and with just a slight squeeze on the track, you can keep the play to zero and it won't rattle at all.


07-15-2017 03:54 PM
SultanOfWalmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie246 View Post

Well I decided to rebuild my 810. Its a 6700k build with massive storage. I caught a sale on new egg and bought 3 WD Black HDD's for $32 each. I custom built 95% of the cables for it and I sleeved the other 5% as best as I could. This took probably 100 hours - no lie! Cable management was tough and im not to excited about the results but ive seen worse. I'm using 11 fans (Vardar F1-140 x 6, GentleTyphoon 120mm AP-15 x 4, and one 120mmx15mm Scythe SY1212SL12L to cool the back side of the cpu - this required a case mod). This is system is near silent with all fans turned down and still not too loud at max. Im using a NZXT fan controller for 10 of the 11 fans.I reused all my water cooling gear except for the new 1080TI (actually its a Titan) water block with back plate (for 1080Ti not Titan). I relocated my reservoir closer to the front of the case and turned it 90 degrees so the in/outputs are on the side and you can actually see the fancy EK logo! I swapped out my EK cpu block with crop circles to a slick one (thank you EK for selling this part directly to me!). I also redid all the hard tubing with PETG (it is so easy to work with! - 1 hour to tube this beast). For lights I went with 3mm led's in each water block and a $10 six foot RGB led strip and stuck it around the inside front perimeter. I am very pleased with the results thumb.gif

I still want to do a full window side panel (plexi or glass?). I could use help locating this if anyone knows?
]

I like it! I just upgraded mine from 920 to 7700k and 290X to 1080ti. Going to be doing hard tubing and a vertical GPU mount.

As for the side window, here is a crap picture of what I did. Basically enlarged the opening to take up more of the side leaving a 2 inch border.



In the process of sleeving cables and extensions.
07-09-2017 08:45 PM
TitanX thinking of switching cases....looking for somethign in tempered glass in the same size. any recommendations? i love the switch 810 but think its time for something new and i honseltly want a little more window on the side. I have RGB yuminess going in.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off