Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - Reply to Topic

Thread: ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread Reply to Thread

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-20-2019 03:26 AM
datspike I've got another 3600 to test, so there are results:
105 BCLK, PBO MAX, 10X, BCO +200

R15 213/1721

This cpu has some issues running high FCLK (1833+), I'm getting freezes every 2 minutes or so when cpu is warmed up in games. Will test today if increasing vsoc/vddg helps
It can post anything up to 1925 FCLK tho.
10-20-2019 02:21 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by varyak View Post
Hey guys,
maybe one of you know of a solution. I always face a double "shutdown" when cold booting. It goes on -> off -> on -> off -> on. It is stable afterwards, but a bit annoying.
Are you using the 0075 beta bios? It shouldn't happen with that one. Also, having a DRAM Voltage Boot settings other than "Auto" can also cause this.
10-20-2019 01:11 AM
varyak Hey guys,
maybe one of you know of a solution. I always face a double "shutdown" when cold booting. It goes on -> off -> on -> off -> on. It is stable afterwards, but a bit annoying.
10-19-2019 06:43 AM
photon0 Thank you.
10-18-2019 10:42 PM
Ne01 OnnA Here is my new LLT DRAM Timings

10-18-2019 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post
Uhhh, no friggin way. That started happening to me in the past 2 days. I've just been using my Bluetooth Headphones, however this is interesting.

Also, possibly extremely annoying as I have two high end gaming systems right now and have to sell one. I decided to keep the i9-9900K/Asus Maximus XI Extreme combo over the AMD combo.

However..... Anyone buying the AMD Combo with my CH6 will likely have issues with the audio too. Obviously, this is completely unacceptable to sell in this condition.

I'm going to have to test to see if something has gone wrong with the board, as well as physically look it over too. Damn. I was really hoping it wasn't a hardware issue, I actually get pops and clicks only.

Not sure if this is the feedback you mentioned. I suppose I should have asked this immediately. Lol. Let me know?

Also, to what you said about bringing new life into the board.... Absolutely, I love doing this. I've done it since I was a teenager with upgrades. Back then it was more of a financial need than a test like I have done here.

Honestly though, I am BAFFLED as to why this isn't common knowledge already. There's no write ups about it anywhere and even when I made this post, with proof here and other places.... The response was pretty lackluster. I expected, because of the lack of literally ANY proof online apart from mine here would make some people quite happy. Ahh well, good intentions. 🙂

It does work though. I have not had a single issue man. Nothing. I'm no Engineer, however I really do believe that the First x16 PCI-E slots will work in PCI-E 4.0 mode with a Radeon 5700/XT. I'd be very surprised if it didn't because the m.2 slot is much further away and there are no issues with the length of the traces. Which is what was told to all of us by AMD themselves, if there was going to be issues, the trace length or other issues with the traces themselves would be at fault. So because the m.2 linked to the CPU works even that far away, it stands to reason the first PCI-E x16 will likely work at 4.0 as well. Possibly even the 2nd slot as well.

The options for 4.0 being enabled are (from top to bottom) First x16 Slot, Second x16 Slot, m.2 Slot. All the other options for PCI-E Generation are limited to 3.0. I wouldn't be completely surprised if the CH6's potential PCI-E 4.0 Slots were all populated, in 4.0 mode with no issues.

I also wouldn't be surprised if only 1 or 2 device/s worked in PCI-E 4.0 mode and adding another Gen4 device/s is exactly what made AMD say what they did. There has been NO publicly done testing aside from my leap of faith with this SSD. Hehe.

It's the best board I have ever owned. There also hasn't wver been any problems with Ryzen 3000 that any other board hasn't had. I assume you are referring to the widespread boosting issue.

This is fixed for the majority of people in BIOS 7501. You do lose PCI-E 4.0 support with any BIOS past 7201 though, for me (for obvious reasons) that's a deal breaker.

BIOS 7201 is not as good as BIOS 7501 for RAM overclocking though. Personally can verify this. 3733mhz max with 7201, 3800mhz max with 7501. Karu Memtest.
Yeah its more of a popping and crackling sound than anything else. Asus told me to just RMA the board for that but just for a audio port I wish I would. You could sell the board still just get a nice PCIE sound card and bundle it with it and make it known. Ive had my CH6 running 24/7 for at least 3 years + and that is the only issue I have.(Have bum Asus ROG RX580 that is video crashing but it also may be related to Google Chrome H/W acceleration being checked.)
10-18-2019 04:32 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
any other ryzen 1xxx and 2xxx owners waiting on Zen3 to upgrade their CPUs? I see little reason to upgrade to zen2 considering the performance I am getting with my 2700X.

Hopefully, Asus supports zen3 on x370 motherboard (hopefully BIOS size won't be the limiting factor..)
I wanted to get a 3900X, but I'm sitting on the fence right now as I really don't have the money (being retired and on a fixed income and all) right now.

My SS starts on Feb 2020 and I will have my ITR by then too, but I may just wait until Zen 3 comes out and get the whole shebang, new MB, CPU, and maybe DDR5 will be out by then?
10-18-2019 12:31 AM
Jesaul Abba has increased latency by 3ms for me from 63 to 66.
10-18-2019 12:28 AM
Fanu any other ryzen 1xxx and 2xxx owners waiting on Zen3 to upgrade their CPUs? I see little reason to upgrade to zen2 considering the performance I am getting with my 2700X

hopefully Asus supports zen3 on x370 motherboard (hopefully BIOS size wont be the limiting factor..)
10-17-2019 06:09 PM
roco_smith I have my Crosshair VI Extreme Ryzen 3900X with 4 stick Bdie 8GB x 4 at 3800 mhz Flck at 1900 with good Timmings at 60s. May be the kit that you have doesn't go any more further. Mine are Corsair Samsung Bdie
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off