|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|01-29-2013 07:08 AM|
|Sambaru||I install this on everyone's PC that I'm sorting out.|
|10-04-2011 03:34 PM|
7-Zip 9.25 alpha
- LZMA decompression speed was improved. - "compress and send to email" code was improved to support more email clients. - New command "h" to calculate hash values CRC-32, CRC-64, SHA-256 or SHA-1 for files on disk. - New -spf switch to store full file paths including drive letter to archive. If you use that switch with extract command, please check that file names in archive are correct. - Some bugs were fixed
|07-04-2011 11:07 PM|
|L1eutenant||Then what is WinZip?|
|07-04-2011 11:06 PM|
|Decepticon||One of my must have apps on a Windows install. Haven't upgraded to the new beta version yet, but probably will soon. Haven't had any problems with past beta version of 7-Zip software.|
|04-20-2011 07:32 PM|
7-Zip v9.22 beta
|04-16-2011 03:14 PM|
Originally Posted by thetechfreak;13133539
This software is better than Win RaR
Agreed, they just need some better icons now.
|04-15-2011 12:14 AM|
|thetechfreak||This software is better than Win RaR|
|04-12-2011 02:14 AM|
7-Zip v9.21 beta
- 7-Zip now can unpack UEFI BIOS files.
- 64-bit version of 7-Zip now includes additional 32-bit shell extension DLL. So other 32-bit programs can call 64-bit 7-Zip via context menu.
- Now it's possible to associate 7-Zip with file types without Administrator rights.
- New -mf=FilterID switch to specify compression filter. Examples:
7z a -mf=bcj2 a.7z a.tar- 32-bit 7-Zip running under 64-bit Windows x64 now can use up to 4 GB of RAM.
7z a -mf=delta:4 a.7z a.wav
7z a -mf=bcj a.tar.xz a.tar
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localizations: Corsican, Kyrgyz, Ligurian.
|10-24-2010 08:06 AM|
|10-22-2010 02:28 PM|
also the 32 bit version is better in my opinion
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|