Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Home Audio (https://www.overclock.net/forum/352-home-audio/)
-   -   How to stop nuisance phone calls? (https://www.overclock.net/forum/352-home-audio/1069641-how-stop-nuisance-phone-calls.html)

$ilent 07-18-2011 10:29 AM

Ok

I didnt know where to put this, but this section is the best i could think of. Basically on our home phone (england, UK), We keep getting these incredibly annoying phone calls asking for MR/MRS bla bla bla, and they always say there ringing about something to do with our energy provider, or they are doing some stupid survey...

I always end up hanging up on them, either because im sick of the calls or frankly because thier accent is hard to understand.

How can I stop these nuisance peopl/company's ringing?

Has anyone else managed to get these calls stopped?

your help is greatly appreciated folks!

kill 07-18-2011 10:30 AM

call ur phone company and get them blocked

BradleyW 07-18-2011 10:31 AM

I get at least 10 of these calls everyday here in England, U.K.

Theory 07-18-2011 10:33 AM

Do what I do, Troll em...

superj1977 07-18-2011 10:34 AM

TPS

I had to register myself last year after getting many many nuisance phone calls.
Pleased to say that after about 6 weeks all calls stopped with the exception of BT trying to see me their broadband:doh:

Nethermir 07-18-2011 10:36 AM

dont you guys have a preference service or national do not call list? we have one in the US and it really stopped any telemarketing calls.

edit: nvm you just posted tps lol.

superj1977 07-18-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethermir;14258337 
dont you guys have a preference service or national do not call list? we have one in the US and it really stopped any telemarketing calls.

edit: nvm you just posted tps lol.

Post above you buddy.

$ilent 07-18-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill;14258288 
call ur phone company and get them blocked
I dont have a digital screen on my hous phone showing the telephone number unfortunately, and all they ever say is there calling from "home survey BS"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW;14258295 
I get at least 10 of these calls everyday here in England, U.K.

I only noticed recently when im at home during the day but there so annoying! Im up north like you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory;14258311 
Do what I do, Troll em...
I dont really have time or patience to mess them around, and if i just left the phone on hold and went away that probably wouldnt matter to them as the operator on the line still getting paid and the company probably has an unlimited call plan, so they wont care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977;14258317 
TPS

I had to register myself last year after getting many many nuisance phone calls.
Pleased to say that after about 6 weeks all calls stopped with the exception of BT trying to see me their broadband:doh:

Is it free that service?

DSF_x 07-18-2011 10:39 AM

two options, phonejacker iphone app, my stepdad uses this and i join in it's hilarious, ask for them to take your number off the database.

superj1977 07-18-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent;14258367 
Is it free that service?
Was when i used it last year,just use the basic,honesty no crap it stopped my unwanted phone calls...with the exception of the ex biggrin.gif