Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   Gigabyte, Dying PCI-E Slot? (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1182152-gigabyte-dying-pci-e-slot.html)

gerickjohn 12-09-2011 08:51 PM

Hey guys, Problem is, A few days ago my Mobo started beeping continuously, Long Continuous beeps, Manual says my Graphics card isnt inserted properly, which I have, Tried using a different GPU (GTS 250 e-green) and same problem, I'm certain its the PCI-e slot, tried using a compressor to blow into the PCI-E slot, worked for a while, but whenever I start gaming, and the fans ramp up, it eventually loses connection, freezes and starts beeping until I shut it off, and turn it on after awhile.

Also, I live in the Philippines, I'm not sure if Gigabyte would accept RMAs here. Please Help. sad-smiley-002.gif

Its my sig-rig btw. What would be the best course of action for this?

PunkX 1 12-09-2011 10:17 PM

Try cleaning the slot with Isopropyl Alcohol, if you have any.

a10112 12-09-2011 10:27 PM

If it's possible, try supporting the corner of the card opposite of the back of the case- I'm assuming the case you have might not do it and the PCIe slot has slumped or possibly warped with heat or age.

gerickjohn 12-10-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkX 1 View Post

Try cleaning the slot with Isopropyl Alcohol, if you have any.

I hope it didnt warp, I'm gonna try some Contact Cleaner on it, since it fixed my mouse from double clicking by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a10112 View Post

If it's possible, try supporting the corner of the card opposite of the back of the case- I'm assuming the case you have might not do it and the PCIe slot has slumped or possibly warped with heat or age.

Will do. If ever it has warped or slumped, what solution should I go to fix it?

gerickjohn 12-10-2011 07:26 AM

Wow.. Well.. I'm kinda.. amazed.

Sometimes, even the Manual is incorrect.

Well, Me and my dad fixed it for now, Contact Cleaner here, some Compressor air there, removing 1 stick of ram, fixed the problem, so we cleaned the ram, apparently, the beeping started with the ram plugged in, and the MANUAL SAID "Long Continuous Beeps = Graphics card not properly inserted" Fail Gigabyte.

Oh well. redface.gif

PunkX 1 12-10-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerickjohn View Post

Wow.. Well.. I'm kinda.. amazed.
Sometimes, even the Manual is incorrect.
Well, Me and my dad fixed it for now, Contact Cleaner here, some Compressor air there, removing 1 stick of ram, fixed the problem, so we cleaned the ram, apparently, the beeping started with the ram plugged in, and the MANUAL SAID "Long Continuous Beeps = Graphics card not properly inserted" Fail Gigabyte.
Oh well. redface.gif

Glad you got it up and running thumb.gif