Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Computer Cases (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/)
-   -   Carbide Series 300R (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/1205921-carbide-series-300r.html)

CorsairGeorge 01-26-2012 01:08 PM

Now available on newegg:
CLICK HERE

Hey guys, any questions you have about the 300R - I'd be happy to answer them in this thread. This is one of what I kind of refer to as our "3rd generation" of cases. Designed from the ground-up on an all-new chassis, the 300R was designed to be less expensive and smaller than our other cases. It's primarily designed for aircooling, and does fairly well at that, fitting up to 7 fans (6 of which can be 140mm or 120mm - rear fan is 120mm only).

Here's a shot of the system we used at CES to announce it.

300r_side_open_built.png

Here's an external shot.

300r_hero_down_1.png

It's hard to tell in the photos, but this case looks REALLY good in person. The front panel is plastic that's been molded to appear like brushed aluminum, and it does it very well. We went through a huge number of iterations to get that texture right - it's something some of our competitors do on their value chassis to varying degrees of success, but it looks really good here.

The MSRP is $89, but I'm sure in time you'll see rebates and promo pricing bringing it down $10 or $20 occasionally. To be honest, though, when you put it next to other cases in its price range, its got more usable space, a ton of cable routing room, and is kind of badass looking when complete.

This case was developed with a lot of feedback from you guys that I got on the 400R/500R.

The things you asked for were:
* cheaper
* dual 120mm AND 140mm front fan mounts
* "cooler" front panel look
* more of a true mid-tower size

This hits most of those. We also had guys ask for a silent case, and the 550D is about a month or so behind the 300R, so it should start showing up in late Feb or early March depending on where you are in the world.

And also for those of you guys asking about mATX, or a next-gen full tower, or a solid marble and granite case, or a steampunk case, or whatever, I can't comment on anything I'm working on. I'd love to bring some of you guys in and get some feedback, and who knows, maybe I can get the budget for a focus group for any of you guys around Fremont, CA one day and do that. But right now I can't talk about anything unannounced, sorry.

Let me know if you have questions - I'll be sure to answer them.

vitality 01-26-2012 01:10 PM

looks really good. only thing I can complain about is the price. The 400r is $10 more and looks to be quite bigger. Personally I think the 300r should be around $70 or so.

Still like it though smile.gif

Phoenixlight 01-26-2012 01:12 PM

Is there a removable dust filter for the front intake fan?

CorsairGeorge 01-26-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixlight View Post

Yes.

And as for the price, I'd wager you'll see the thing sell for less than MSRP quite often.

nickt1862 01-26-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixlight View Post

Yes.

And as for the price, I'd wager you'll see the thing sell for less than MSRP quite often.

Newegg is not impressing anyone pricewise with this case for now.

$89.99 plus $9.99 shipping plus tax to those who have to pay it.

losttsol 01-26-2012 02:50 PM

Amazon is $84.00 with free shipping, but it's not in stock yet. I put my order in with them a week ago. I think I'll wait for it and save $16.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-300R-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B006I2H0YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327618133&sr=8-1

Ojay 01-26-2012 02:57 PM

can fit H100 while still retaining the exhaust fan?

CorsairGeorge 01-26-2012 05:01 PM

The H100 fitment depends more on the motherboard than the rear fans. Any case with large VRMs right on top of the board will likely interfere with the H100 fitting on top of the case. Which is why we don't claim H100 compatibility anywhere. We've had some boards in the lab that worked and some that didn't, so since we can't guarantee it we're not claiming it.

That being said, you can make it work with some tweaking and light modding quite easily.

Badwrench 01-26-2012 05:06 PM

Price already dropped at Newegg: $84.99 + $5.99 shipping thumb.gif

Good looking case. Might have to try one of these with my full loop crammed in there.

vercomtech 01-26-2012 08:01 PM

Simply "Wow" George!

I am extremely impressed with this case - to me it screams "I dare you to NOT build a SOHO System out of me!"