Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Drivers and Overclocking Software (https://www.overclock.net/forum/70-amd-drivers-overclocking-software/)
-   -   GPU Tweak voltage control limit (https://www.overclock.net/forum/70-amd-drivers-overclocking-software/1248620-gpu-tweak-voltage-control-limit.html)

Sapientia 04-25-2012 09:35 PM

So I recently got the asus 7970 DCII. When I went to OC it, I noticed the furthest I could go with the voltage is 1060mV. OCing range enhancement is checked. What am I doing wrong?

TheJesus 04-26-2012 01:58 AM

What OC software? Afterburner, Trixx, or what?

pat031 04-26-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapientia View Post

So I recently got the asus 7970 DCII. When I went to OC it, I noticed the furthest I could go with the voltage is 1060mV. OCing range enhancement is checked. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you did not push the APPLY button. I did not push apply and only click the check.
The screen goes black 1 sec after yu did apply.

Maybe i'm wrong

Sapientia 04-26-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post

What OC software? Afterburner, Trixx, or what?
Sorry, I thought it was more apparent. This is in GPU tweak. I tried AB, but the voltage control won't work in that either, with it checked in settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat031 View Post

Maybe you did not push the APPLY button. I did not push apply and only click the check.
The screen goes black 1 sec after yu did apply.
Maybe i'm wrong
The screen reset when I applied the overclocking range enhancement, which I did hit apply to.
confused.gif

TheJesus 04-26-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Sorry, I thought it was more apparent. This is in GPU tweak. I tried AB, but the voltage control won't work in that either, with it checked in settings.
The screen reset when I applied the overclocking range enhancement, which I did hit apply to.
confused.gif

Hmm, I haven't had any issues with AB. Did you try the most recent 2.20? What do you mean it won't work? Just won't slide further or won't apply the settings?

Sapientia 04-26-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post

Hmm, I haven't had any issues with AB. Did you try the most recent 2.20? What do you mean it won't work? Just won't slide further or won't apply the settings?
Yes, this is with 2.20. The voltage slider is grayed out, I can't adjust it. I enabled voltage adjustment in settings, but that didn't change anything. Should I try a beta version?

TheJesus 04-26-2012 10:47 AM

Make sure the following are checked:

Enable low-level hardware access interface: kernel mode
Unlock Voltage Control
Unlock Voltage Monitoring
Force Constant Voltage

Then also go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.cfg :

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1 (PowerPlay features enabled) or 2 (Powerplay features disabled)

See if it works then.

Sapientia 04-26-2012 11:02 AM

All of that, and I still get this:

Masterchief3k 04-26-2012 12:31 PM

I get the same thing on mine, the card automatically adjusts it's voltage based on load, i'd rather not want a constant voltage = extra heat in idle, but this lack of voltage control hampers my possible OC ability. I can't get 1 GHz and i should be able to.

TheJesus 04-26-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

All of that, and I still get this:

Uninstall AB, delete all profiles/settings when it asks, reboot. Install AB, run, reboot when it needs to detect, change all those settings, reboot one more time just for an extra party, now try.

I don't think I had this much trouble and I have 7950s, lol.