Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Home Audio (https://www.overclock.net/forum/352-home-audio/)
-   -   The Vinyl Club (https://www.overclock.net/forum/352-home-audio/1301628-vinyl-club.html)

PCSarge 09-02-2012 03:59 PM

for all of us here on OCN who still listen to the magical sound of records, feel free to post pictures of your equipment and ill add you to the club.

more soon to come for the OP, could use a volunteer to make a club graphic.

that is a yamaha P-450 with a Toshiba SA-735 under it, playing out to a pair of pioneer bookshelf speakers.
Cartridge is a Denon DL-110

and a little glimpse into my vast collection of vinyl:

dont mind the record on the countertop, was dusting it off before i played it and decided to snap this pic first

club sig:
sig code:
Code:
[center][url="[center][url="https://www.overclock.net/t/1301628/the-vinyl-club"][B][COLOR="RED"]-=-The Vinyl Club-=-[/COLOR][/B][/url][/center]

members:

Semajha
Face76

semajha 09-04-2012 12:00 PM

Yamaha YP-B2 > Hagerman Bugle Phono Amp > Yamaha A-S2000 > Sierra-1 Speakers... The Bugle phono amp makes such a big difference. I was disappointed by the a-s2000's phono ins.

And this bundle of classical vinyl I found at my local goodwill... most of them still unopened/sealed!

Face76 09-04-2012 02:52 PM

Here's my customized Rega P2 which feeds a Jolida JD-9 phono pre. The plinth was reinforced with 3" of baltic birch ply then veneered with ribbon mahogany.

PCSarge 09-11-2012 08:27 PM

very nice, adding names to OP. need to figure out a club sig.

PCSarge 09-13-2012 12:41 PM

the silence in this thread is deafening.

noone else owns a turntable on this forum of any kind? i know your out there people

Darren9 09-13-2012 01:59 PM

Yeah, I do have a turntable. It's a Pro-Ject Debut III with a Pro-Ject MM phono box. I'll blow the dust off it and get a picture for you some when redface.gif

PCSarge 09-16-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren9 View Post

Yeah, I do have a turntable. It's a Pro-Ject Debut III with a Pro-Ject MM phono box. I'll blow the dust off it and get a picture for you some when redface.gif

blow the dust off it redface.gif get it playing again.

Hillskill 09-22-2012 01:10 AM

Does anyone feel like indulging me and posting their Vinyl to digital workflow (presuming some of you are digitizing your collection!). My Dad and I are going to embark on digitizing his entire collection of Vinyl (1000s) to FLAC and apply cleanup and restoration. I currently use Adobe Audition fairly often for my work so I plan on using that. I'm just interested to hear whether anyone already has a workflow in place and what pitfalls we should look out for.

PCSarge 09-26-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillskill View Post

Does anyone feel like indulging me and posting their Vinyl to digital workflow (presuming some of you are digitizing your collection!). My Dad and I are going to embark on digitizing his entire collection of Vinyl (1000s) to FLAC and apply cleanup and restoration. I currently use Adobe Audition fairly often for my work so I plan on using that. I'm just interested to hear whether anyone already has a workflow in place and what pitfalls we should look out for.

well i got away with a rather simple setup for playing, but it also records rather well

my old reciever has a line out function, so i basically went turntable--->receiver--->lineout---> line in on sound card.

mind you creative x-fi lineup also give you a recording function in their software which also allows EQ if needed and choice of wether or not it records it in 5.1 or 2.1/ headphones,i modified it a bit to record FLAC instead of MP3, other than that its pretty flawless, considering the line out is amplified by the receiver.

this may or may not help you, depends on what your using equipment wise

bigblock 10-06-2012 04:34 PM

Vinyl is all I listen to, I'll get pics up of the rest of my rig eventually.
VPI Aries III TT with SME tonearm.