Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Downloads (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/)
-   -   Everest Home 2.20 (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/138456-everest-home-2-20-a.html)

BloodLust22 02-02-2008 08:20 AM

Is there any program out there that gives actual temps? I have been using 4 and also looking to see what the temp monitor in the bios says. Some are 10-15 C apart from the others. I don't understand why it's so hard to take a temp reading.

Taeric 02-02-2008 10:28 AM

It's difficult because the CPU manufacturer's keep the internal workings of their processors very closely guarded secrets. To the best of my knowledge, all of the available tools on the market are based on what the software developers can come up on their own without the full range of specifics they would like to have from the manufacturers. This results in the core temperature readings being off quite often, especially with older programs that pre-date the current CPU architectures. Programs like Core Temp do the best job with new gear.

BloodLust22 02-02-2008 03:15 PM

I've tried core temp on Vista 64. I can't get that one to work, upon opening the app. I just get a error message one after another and have to reboot and uninstall. It's strange because it says it's Vista 64 comp.

Poser 02-02-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodLust22 View Post
I've tried core temp on Vista 64. I can't get that one to work, upon opening the app. I just get a error message one after another and have to reboot and uninstall. It's strange because it says it's Vista 64 comp.
try pressing f8 before vista boots and select disable driver signings....

vista x64 requires digital signatures of all core service and drivers... I don't believe that coretemp is recognized and therefore the service is blocked from loading (i think it cant enumerate)

BloodLust22 02-02-2008 05:46 PM

Pressing F8 does nothing but bring up a boot menu. It ask me which drive I would like to boot from, HD or DVD. I don't see anywhere you can disable these drivers you speak of. I've even let Windows begin and tried pressing it, nothing happens. I'm confused, I know in XP you press F8 i believe you can run in safe mode. Doesn't seem to be the case in Vista. Did I mention I hate Vista.......

Taeric 02-02-2008 07:47 PM

If you hit F8 too early, it triggers the boot menu through the BIOS. If you wait just a hair longer, it'll kick into the Windows menu. If you can't quite get the timing right, go through the boot menu and then hit F8 as soon as you exit.

Poser 02-02-2008 09:20 PM

also... for some reason, vista can be flaky with enabling USB support right at the point between the bio and bootstrapping the OS...

you may have more success with an old ps/2 keyboard

BloodLust22 02-03-2008 07:32 AM

I've noticed that, at times my keyboard won't even allow me into the bios, It's dead at times. I did finally get into it, Do you have to disable this everytime you boot up or once you disable is it done for good?

BloodLust22 02-03-2008 07:45 AM

Well this is interesting. I clicked enter to disable when I was booting, however it still comes up that is Windows requires a digital sig. when I'm trying to download Riva and ATItools. GOD I HATE VISTA, what garbage!!!!1

Poser 02-05-2008 09:56 AM

unfortunately... a recent update, disabled the ability to keep this option active... and needs to be done at each boot...