Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest Home 2.20

65K views 104 replies 24 participants last post by  [PWN]Schubie 
#1 ·
This is a great program that provides a wide range of information about your system. This is the most recent and final freeware version and is no longer supported by the developer. Go here to download it.

#2 ·
if one was to say.... I don't know, maybe google everest ultimate build 3.50beta...I feel they may find links to this incredible update of the popular home version. Be warned, however, this is not freeware, shareware etc... it'll cost you (maybe
).

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
if one was to say.... I don't know, maybe google everest ultimate build 3.50beta...I feel they may find links to this incredible update of the popular home version. Be warned, however, this is not freeware, shareware etc... it'll cost you (maybe
).
That's the only reason to why we don't have that one. They planned only to have freeware programs for now

#9 ·
Used everest the other nite on two systems first time.. blew out the v-core volts every time to over 2V. had to shut down and deinstall on both rigs...

XP-Pro Sp2
1. P5N32-E SLI..E6600 4g ram
2. P5N32-E SLI..E6750 2g ram

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by slytown View Post
My system usually reboots with coretemp, so I don't use it. And when coretemp does work, it posts my temps 15 degrees higher.

I wub Everest.
Recent Coretemp version (0.96) shows the true core temperatures. My everest also shows them 15C lower. I wish I had that low core temps, but the real temps are what coretemp0.96 shows.

#12 ·
It's difficult because the CPU manufacturer's keep the internal workings of their processors very closely guarded secrets. To the best of my knowledge, all of the available tools on the market are based on what the software developers can come up on their own without the full range of specifics they would like to have from the manufacturers. This results in the core temperature readings being off quite often, especially with older programs that pre-date the current CPU architectures. Programs like Core Temp do the best job with new gear.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodLust22
View Post

I've tried core temp on Vista 64. I can't get that one to work, upon opening the app. I just get a error message one after another and have to reboot and uninstall. It's strange because it says it's Vista 64 comp.

try pressing f8 before vista boots and select disable driver signings....

vista x64 requires digital signatures of all core service and drivers... I don't believe that coretemp is recognized and therefore the service is blocked from loading (i think it cant enumerate)

#15 ·
Pressing F8 does nothing but bring up a boot menu. It ask me which drive I would like to boot from, HD or DVD. I don't see anywhere you can disable these drivers you speak of. I've even let Windows begin and tried pressing it, nothing happens. I'm confused, I know in XP you press F8 i believe you can run in safe mode. Doesn't seem to be the case in Vista. Did I mention I hate Vista.......

#16 ·
If you hit F8 too early, it triggers the boot menu through the BIOS. If you wait just a hair longer, it'll kick into the Windows menu. If you can't quite get the timing right, go through the boot menu and then hit F8 as soon as you exit.

#21 ·
Is the linked version of Everest (Version 2.20) compatible with Vista64? Is there another (free) version that is more recent and compatible with V64? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.