Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Dry Ice/ Liquid Nitrogen (https://www.overclock.net/forum/268-dry-ice-liquid-nitrogen/)
-   -   How to setup your CPU to run under LN2 - Video (https://www.overclock.net/forum/268-dry-ice-liquid-nitrogen/1391232-how-setup-your-cpu-run-under-ln2-video.html)

Cpt.Planet 05-14-2013 08:50 AM

A quick video for you guys that may be new to LN2 cooling that covers the basics of setting up and getting started.

Halo_003 05-14-2013 09:04 AM

That's awesome, great job on the video. thumb.gif

Edit: You don't use any eraser or Dragon skin around the socket? Just armaflex? Why?

Cpt.Planet 05-14-2013 11:11 AM

Just armaflex/closed cell foam. I don't really like eraser as it cause the cold to transfer through the board and freezes other components. Its good for waterproofing but not for insulation. Closed cell foam will work if you are in a dry climate. If you are in a humid enviroment closed cell foam plus vaseline or conformal coating would be best.

robbo2 05-14-2013 09:58 PM

Awesome guide! I live in a very humid environment, so a light brush of Vaseline is needed for me.

jjjc_93 05-15-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Planet View Post

Just armaflex/closed cell foam. I don't really like eraser as it cause the cold to transfer through the board and freezes other components. Its good for waterproofing but not for insulation. Closed cell foam will work if you are in a dry climate. If you are in a humid enviroment closed cell foam plus vaseline or conformal coating would be best.

This is great advice, eraser will hold in all of your cold and has given me cold bug issues that shouldn't have existed before. Vaseline does a great job at not transferring that cold and repelling water, I imagine conformal coatings have that same effect while being possibly easier to remove. I wish I lived in a dry climate that could get away with no vas. tongue.gif

Awesome video Jake.

coolhandluke41 05-15-2013 07:45 AM

^^ I covered only socket/around my CPU ,will it still cause CB ..?? redface.gif

azrael36 05-15-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Planet View Post

A quick video for you guys that may be new to LN2 cooling that covers the basics of setting up and getting started.
Thanks for the super easy to understand video. I was always kind of confused about what had to be done to insulate your motherboard running sub ambient cooling. +1 rep for you

dhenzjhen 05-15-2013 09:51 AM

Nice vid captain.planet sir smile.gif...where are you in Bay area by the way? I'm in San Jose smile.gif

Cpt.Planet 05-15-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenzjhen View Post

Nice vid captain.planet sir smile.gif...where are you in Bay area by the way? I'm in San Jose smile.gif

San Jose and Fremont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post

^^ I covered only socket/around my CPU ,will it still cause CB ..?? redface.gif

No that should be ok.

coolhandluke41 05-15-2013 01:15 PM

thank you