Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Builds, Logs & Case Mods (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/)
-   -   [Build Log] 900D Milk machine (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/1396836-build-log-900d-milk-machine.html)

Svartie 06-02-2013 07:04 AM

Hi there, as many can see not been registered on overclock forums for long. This is my first build log on the site.

Reason behind why 900D case choice. I’ve been on case hunt since it bought my cm stalker case in 2004 that stayed with me for 3 major hardware upgrades. Looked at Li-lian cases D8000 or PC70, cases from Caselabs and ofc the 800D, all possible fulltower cases but none of them felt quite right. All had some weird gimmick that made them undesirable. Then at start of 2013 i read some rumors about a massive case from Corsair and at CES and i saw the press photos of the 900D + the intervju Linus tech made with George. I was HOOKED. I just had to get one biggrin.gif
enough with backstory for this build. The specs,

Core Components:

CPU: 3930k
Mobo: Rampage IV Extreme
Ram: 8 gb Dominator Platinum with Light Bar Upgrade Kit
GPU: 3 x GTX 680
PSU: AX1200i
SSD: 2x Samsung 840Pro 256Gb (in raid1)

EK items:

EK Supremacy CPU block Nickel CSQ
EK-FB KIT RE4 - Nickel CSQ
3x EK-FC680 GTX+ - Nickel
EK Triple Parallel SLI bridge CSQ
2x EK-D5 X-TOP CSQ - Acetal
2x EK-RES X3 250

Cooling:

Pumps: 2x acool VPP655 - Laing D5
Radiator upper: EK 480 XTX
Radiator lower left: EK 480 XT
Radiator lower right: EK 240 XT
Fans: 10x Air series SP120 Quiet edition
4m - EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 16/10mm
Bitspower Crystal Link - 2slots, 3slots, 4slots
Coolant: 3x Pastel Pre-Mix Ice White 1Ltr
15M 12/10mm Ultra Clear Hard Tubing

Fittings:

Bitspower, EK and some no brand extensions. will make more detail list when i get the case and start building

Cables:
Pump cables and other smaller cable lengths made by myself with some random brand ( Mod/ Smart ) beginner kit. Rest is Corsair Professional Sleeved Cable White (Generation 2)

Complete Image, more at the end.

And some more images.

Building test rig to see if all components are working.
AppleMark

Noctua NH-D14 stopped me from running 3 graphics so had to get myself a H100i

Pre building loops to see what fittings missing and I wont run the inlet fitting at the top of the x250. Both x250 will have same looks. Only change that im planing is to change the black to white. to match the coolent better.
AppleMark

Testing the fan and Corsair Link

Dominator Platinum lightning.

AppleMark

AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark

Finished photos.
AppleMark
AppleMark

more pre build items.

Will eventually get some good pictures to post up. Soon as I get the case.
Hope you guys stay tuned when the assembly begins.

MrHaythem 06-13-2013 04:22 AM

AWESOME! I love 900d build! Wish you good luck waiting for your 900d case to arrive thumb.gif

Svartie 06-13-2013 04:06 PM

Something unexpected happened this Monday. Got a notification from 1 of the 3 shops i preordered the 900D from. They all of a sudden had 10 in stock. Couldn't believe it at first, thought they mixed up the case with something else. Then i saw the shipment note and weight said 22kg. biggrin.gif

So this wednesday It arrived.

I knew it was a massive case but did not expect this SIZE. tongue.gif

First thing after getting it out of the box and remove some plastic. Remove a driver cage to see if my ides about pump position was even possible and it was thumb.gif

And Now its Time to Slaughter my 650D case for components biggrin.gif

Svartie 06-13-2013 04:23 PM

So today after some hacking and slashing. I could finally start assemble the EK waterblocks on to the motherboard.

And Why stop there. So eager to see how it would look with crystal link tubing biggrin.gif

More to come. Need to flush all 3 radiators, and install fans. Still waiting also on a vital part to secure the two reservoirs. But should have it in a couple of days.

As you also might have noticed the EK fittings looks abit off. They got a warmer crome finish and they just feel misplaced so ordered some bitspower Silver Shining Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender to replace it.

Svartie 06-15-2013 12:53 AM

More updates, installing 3 graphic card water blocks is now done.

Finally on last card.

And Finished result.
AppleMark

Svartie 06-15-2013 01:12 AM

And now finally i could start on the case itself. Sorry for the bad photos, only got my iphone at disposal.

The Tubs that run from top of the reservoirs is only temporary fill ports.

Ryleh 06-15-2013 01:17 AM

Talk about a quick start. Looking forward to seeing the color scheme fully played out. Love black and white myself.

Svartie 06-15-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryleh View Post

Talk about a quick start. Looking forward to seeing the color scheme fully played out. Love black and white myself.

Yeah forgot to take photos was so eager to start building the loops. smile.gif
Inspiration for this Black and white theme was from Singularity Computers Client Build 5 'Nighthawk'

Diabolic 06-16-2013 07:17 AM

That was a somewhat quick, but expected progression from DH14- h100- Ek waterclock. When I first read the components and saw initial pictures, I was wondering why you wouldn't block the cpu from the start. Looking good though. And looking forward to the rest of the build. I'm contemplating a case choice for my newest buld now. It's between this 900D, a XSPC H1, and a Caselabs M8.

Svartie 06-16-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post

That was a somewhat quick, but expected progression from DH14- h100- Ek waterclock. When I first read the components and saw initial pictures, I was wondering why you wouldn't block the cpu from the start. Looking good though. And looking forward to the rest of the build. I'm contemplating a case choice for my newest buld now. It's between this 900D, a XSPC H1, and a Caselabs M8.

Well switching between the 3 coolers didn't happen over night smile.gif or even a month. Parts for this build been ordered since 900D announcement back in jan tongue.gif
And having parts in boxes for over 4 months was nothing I could do and it's bugging me that I didn't wait for 780s. But now I know what's next to upgrade smile.gif
As many said before its a true joy building in 900D . So I truly recommend it thumb.gif