Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/)
-   -   What do YOU want to see in a power supply? (https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/1410336-what-do-you-want-see-power-supply.html)

CM Phaedrus 07-16-2013 04:44 PM

We're asking you! Aside from obvious things like better performance, higher efficiency, and lower price, what features might you like to see on future power supplies from CoolerMaster? Communication between the PSU and PC? Novel cable features? What interests you?

Let us know!

shilka 07-16-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Phaedrus View Post

We're asking you! Aside from obvious things like better performance, higher efficiency, and lower price, what features might you like to see on future power supplies from CoolerMaster? Communication between the PSU and PC? Novel cable features? What interests you?

Let us know!

I think that many buy Corsair units as you can buy colored sleeved cables for them and no other brand has that so i think thats maybe a thing Cooler Master could do?

And no not any kind of sortware thank you its a gimmick

TwoCables 07-16-2013 04:54 PM

The only thing I'd like to see is some kind of way for people to check the make and model of their PSU as well as find out the capacity of each rail, or really: the specifications. Too many people forget or have no clue and too many of those people don't want to open their case to look. This would be most helpful to people who have pre-built custom rigs. Perhaps the selling point would be that if you have the builder put this PSU in your system, then you'll always have this information right at your fingertips.

I know this may sound funny, but I think I'd like to see a high-end PSU that has a clear acrylic case that's all lit up, complete with a clear LED fan. lol

CM Phaedrus 07-16-2013 05:13 PM

Heh, acrylic PSUs have a bad legacy...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/390466799728?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

MrTOOSHORT 07-16-2013 05:17 PM

Make sure 850w psu's have 6 pci-E 6+2pin cables. Have the cables all black at the very least, no rainbows.

ledzepp3 07-16-2013 05:20 PM

I'd really like to see 1-to-1 cabling throughout all the PSU's. That would make it far more attractive to people who sleeve, or just do mods in general. Also, for me at least, I always hate seeing those 6+2 pin cables, I'd much rather see a detachable 2 pin cable for those graphics cards that don't need all 8 pins. It'll look much cleaner smile.gif That's just me, I still want 1-to-1 cabling, please.

Kinaesthetic 07-16-2013 05:23 PM

I'd love to see a few things (besides the usual with ripple, etc.)

1. A SILENT fan. Many PSUs these days seem to use awful fans for cooling their components. Yeah, Seasonic and some other OEMs do have the hybrid ability on their PSU, but sometimes, your PSU has to run at a load that triggers the PSU fan. And those fans can get quite loud.
  2. No ribbon cables. They are an absolute PITA to sleeve.
  3. On the topic of suggestion number one: Also make a kinda modular design for the fan to where you can easily pop off just the top to change the fan to one of your liking. Your GX line already uses 120mm fans, so if you created maybe a screwed in top (the entire top faceplate) that could easily be detatched with easily access to changing the fan, would pretty much be a solid choice.
  4. And please do 1-to-1 cabling. Please.

TL;DR: Customizability.

skyn3t 07-16-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

Make sure 850w psu's have 6 pci-E 6+2pin cables. Have the cables all black at the very least, no rainbows.
This.

you must see my face when I received my Enermax Evo S Galaxy 1250w I thought they sent a snake instead a psu

This is how it looks now

TwoCables 07-16-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Phaedrus View Post

Heh, acrylic PSUs have a bad legacy...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/390466799728?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Oh, that's why I think it would be cool. Market it as the first high-end PSU with this design. I bet there are people who have been waiting for such a design.

ZealotKi11er 07-16-2013 05:30 PM

Personally when it comes to PSU its very limited segment for high end PSU 500W+. I bough a AX1200 for example because of the time and will probably be many years until i upgrade again. Having good PSU and lower price 350w-500w i think it more important to me when building general PC or PC with on OC or one GPU. Right now always end up getting the not so good but reliable Corsair CX series. Probably bought 4-5 of them for friends.