Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/)
-   -   Seasonic M12 II Bronze Evo Edition (GM2 and AM2) (https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/1431930-seasonic-m12-ii-bronze-evo-edition-gm2-am2.html)

shilka 10-06-2013 05:50 PM

Now i could post this is the news thread but i think it need its own thread

This is a brand new series from Seasonic

Its a Seasonic fully modular 80 plus bronze rated series with 520/620/750/850 watts

Photos






Reviews
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=356
http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/seasonic-m12-ii-bronze-evo-edition-850w-psu-review/
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Performance (40% of the final score) - how about we get some scoring done now? No, this isn't the best performing power supply I've seen from Seasonic, but it's still not bad at all. Instead of being one of the best the world's ever seen, like the KM3 based units, this unit is merely just really, really good. Efficiency was a pass both times for Bronze - no issues there. Ripple control was outstanding, no problem there. About the only thing I can see to deduct would be a half point for the voltage regulation being only very good as opposed to excellent. That's all. This category gets a very strong 9.5.

Functionality (20% of the final score) - only fully modular units get no deductions here, and this is one of those kinds of units, so we're starting out pretty good. I can't, in fact, find too many reasons to complain. Sure, I could use a little more length on one of the SATA chains, and the manual's almost useless, but those are a couple of minor things. I'll remove a half point for each of them. But, I'll stop there. This unit's worth a 9 here I think.

Value (20% of the final score) - MSRP for this unit is $119.99. At Newegg, you have the Corsair TX850M competing at ten bucks cheaper, and there's the XFX Pro 850W for the same price. But you know what? Neither of those are fully modular. I'm going to go ahead and therefore call this an excellent value. 9.

Build Quality (20% of the final score) - Seasonic is doing pretty well here lately. Top notch components, impeccable soldering, and overall fantastic build quality is what we have here today. 10.

Performance


9.5

Functionality


9

Value


9

Build Quality


10
Total Score

9.4

Summary

Seasonic's new and updated M12 Evo unit is a fitting addition to their already very impressive line. It's a bargain oriented 850 watt unit that doesn't sacrifice performance and quality in order to lower the price. There's really not much else to say at this point, except go buy one.

The Good:

outstanding ripple suppression
very good voltage stability
fully modular
affordable

The Bad:

could use one longer SATA chain... full tower cases may be a problem

The Mediocre:

user guide doesn't say much about the unit

Dont know anything about price yet

But i think this will be one of the cheapest fully modular units you can buy

Dont let the 80 plus bronze rating fool you despite that its a pretty good series

shilka 10-07-2013 02:05 PM

More photos of the inside parts




invincible20xx 01-09-2014 09:56 PM

how does it comparte to the M12II non EVO series ?!

shilka 01-10-2014 05:51 AM

I belive its better but i never found a good review on the old M12II

Cant think Seasonic would not improve it

invincible20xx 01-10-2014 08:40 AM

i can't seem to find a difference between this model and the previous one except for this one is fully modular, the last version was semi modular been debating if i should downgrade my psu to an m12ii that i have around because my rig currently doesn't even break 650w fully loaded .... and i kind of feel it's such a waste rolleyes.gif

might find another use for that 1250w PSU in another non gaming rig

shilka 01-10-2014 08:44 AM

While the M12II Bronze Evo Edition is not bad you can find better

Is it because its fully modular you want it?

invincible20xx 01-10-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

While the M12II Bronze Evo Edition is not bad you can find better

Is it because its fully modular you want it?

no i was comparing the differences because i already have the older model the non evo

shilka 01-10-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible20xx View Post

no i was comparing the differences because i already have the older model the non evo

Ripple on the old M12II was around 25mv on the new one its around 20mv

Voltage regulation is also a tiny bit better

mikeaj 01-10-2014 10:59 AM

From internals pics it looks like the 520/620 M12II EVO are the same as the old M12II low-wattage (as in, the same modular version of the S12II Bronze design we see from Seasonic and rebadged by PC Power & Cooling lower-wattage Silencer Mk III, lower-wattage Antec High Current Gamer, XFX whatever-they're-called-these-days, etc.). That's a solid group-regulated design that's a classic these days. It's kind of old but still is solid enough, nothing special.

650/750/850 M12II EVO look the same as the old M12II higher-wattage. These are units that in modular and non-modular configurations were used by Corsair TX V2, NZXT Hale82 M, XFX whatever-they're-called-these-days, etc.

Maybe the designs were tweaked a little bit and improved, but the overall topology sure looks like the old models. Small performance differences can easily be explained by just sample-to-sample variance. Think of the EVO as just having fully modular cables. It's not a huge revision.

invincible20xx 01-10-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeaj View Post

From internals pics it looks like the 520/620 M12II EVO are the same as the old M12II low-wattage (as in, the same modular version of the S12II Bronze design we see from Seasonic and rebadged by PC Power & Cooling lower-wattage Silencer Mk III, lower-wattage Antec High Current Gamer, XFX whatever-they're-called-these-days, etc.). That's a solid group-regulated design that's a classic these days. It's kind of old but still is solid enough, nothing special.

650/750/850 M12II EVO look the same as the old M12II higher-wattage. These are units that in modular and non-modular configurations were used by Corsair TX V2, NZXT Hale82 M, XFX whatever-they're-called-these-days, etc.

Maybe the designs were tweaked a little bit and improved, but the overall topology sure looks like the old models. Small performance differences can easily be explained by just sample-to-sample variance. Think of the EVO as just having fully modular cables. It's not a huge revision.

yea i guess they just made it fully modular instead of simi modular and called it "evo" edition


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.