Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Builds, Logs & Case Mods (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/)
-   -   My progress (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/1436301-my-progress.html)

Tony0018 10-22-2013 10:39 PM

Just want to share my progress on my custom cables. These are LC custom 16AWG wires, with the Teleios sleeve, in heatshrinkless style.......let me know what you guys think biggrin.gif

Indiegreg 10-22-2013 10:40 PM

Amazing job. How long did this 24pin take?

Tony0018 10-22-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiegreg View Post

Amazing job. How long did this 24pin take?
Thanks very much, I've only done half of the cables, but this portion took me about half the day......I tell you what my fingers are so sore though lol

Indiegreg 10-22-2013 10:51 PM

As a dishwasher, My fingers and hands were sore for the first month. I bet i could do this if i try hard enough. Good thing corsair has their own sleeved cables i can buy, I like the Aesthetic look of them.

Tony0018 10-23-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

As a dishwasher, My fingers and hands were sore for the first month. I bet i could do this if i try hard enough. Good thing corsair has their own sleeved cables i can buy, I like the Aesthetic look of them.

I have the corsair sleeved cables, their alright only thing I'm not feeling about them is the heatshrink is not that good, it's not all the way into the connector.......that's why I opted to do it myself

Liradon 10-23-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony0018 View Post

I have the corsair sleeved cables, their alright only thing I'm not feeling about them is the heatshrink is not that good, it's not all the way into the connector.......that's why I opted to do it myself

That's totally right smile.gif they're not as perfect as you would make them yourself.

Commodor 11-02-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

For me totaly works pair of bandages for my index finger and thumb (that kind with pillow and stuff) even if i push like press machine on steroids it wont hurt ... can not promise but works for me (sry for my english but english is not my native language)

Tony0018 11-03-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodor View Post

For me totaly works pair of bandages for my index finger and thumb (that kind with pillow and stuff) even if i push like press machine on steroids it wont hurt ... can not promise but works for me (sry for my english but english is not my native language)
It might work, I've been doing sleeving just with my bare fingers but I like to feel with them also, might take a while to get use to using a layer on the fingers

Lutro0 11-06-2013 06:44 AM

You guys think your fingers are toast... tongue.gif

Liradon 11-06-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 View Post

You guys think your fingers are toast... tongue.gif

Lutro0! Don't you have a deadline to meet? No time to hang around here!
(joke! tongue.gif)