Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Intel CPUs (https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/)
-   -   Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 (https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/1500524-intel-pentium-g3258-performance-owners-club-now-gtx-970-a.html)

Clairvoyant129 07-07-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Fvk Intel man... This chip cements their nature as greedy controlling beasts (locking cpus)... It's quite clear at this point what they've forced onto us... Don't get me wrong, i own and love the chip, but... sigh.

I go to church every sunday and pray AMD will make a comeback and beat some sense into those Greedy Intel bastards....biggrin.gif

Why am I so mad?? because they created an artificial differentiation of products by leveraging their monopoly on IPC performance.

They dictate how we get to use the product we pay for... THAT is tyranny....mad.gif

Rant of the day. rolleyes.gif

What does this have to do with unlocked Pentium???

tp4tissue 07-07-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

What does this have to do with unlocked Pentium???

Sry dude..

I is just mad at how clear it has been that Intel's been toying with us..

Themisseble 07-07-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Sry dude..

I is just mad at how clear it has been that Intel's been toying with us..

Which CPU do you have? Go in bios and disable core that you will have dual core - OC it to 4.4ghz+ - go and play BF3 MP.

PunkX 1 07-07-2014 09:50 PM

^It was only a matter of time rolleyes.gif

Topic, great job! Standing by for more wheee.gif

tp4tissue 07-07-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themisseble View Post

Which CPU do you have? Go in bios and disable core that you will have dual core - OC it to 4.4ghz+ - go and play BF3 MP.

yes because battlefield 3 is the only game people play.. right?

and dang.. battle field 3... video games... the only thing people use their computers for... how could I not have known this...rolleyes.gif

Arizonian 07-08-2014 12:49 AM

Reminder Pentium G3258 Performance Thread discussion thread. smile.gif

Themisseble 07-08-2014 01:37 AM

Quote:

yes because battlefield 3 is the only game people play.. right?

and dang.. battle field 3... video games... the only thing people use their computers for... how could I not have known this...rolleyes.gif

depends what app/program you use. CB intel destroys AMD quad core... while steamroller OC-ed 4.7Ghz will be on pair with stock i5 3.8Ghz in pov ray 3.7 and faster black hole benchmark. Yes pentium G3258 is great dual core CPU but isnt this the time where we put dual cores behind?

Pentium G3258 is really good for some programs and games which are lightly threaded ... i will agreed with that and i will recommend it to everyone. But usually GPU is way more powerfull - and for most program is better to have slow CPU and very powerfull GPU.

Why did i mentioned BF3? because it runs well on fast dualcores

Intel celeron G1820 for way cheaper, also good and perfect CPU for some users. Dont forget low power CPUs for everyday tasks. In 2015 think may get different because of HSA support... No and i dont want to support dual cores in 2015 i prefer low power quad cores which will on stage as pentium K.

fateswarm 07-08-2014 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

The intel monopoly is a serious issue that any Intel user would be in their benefit to crash.

AMD isn't a saint either though, they seem together in a duopoly of x86 related patents.

On topic: Anyone run an Office bench of some sort? I'm considering this chip ideal for office/light workstation machines. Perhaps much more ideal than for gaming.

Actually I'm almost certain it's more likely to get games that don't like it that workstation/office apps that don't.

TopicClocker 07-08-2014 05:24 AM

PlanetSide 2 on the AMD Phenom II @3.9GHz, PCSX2 - Shadow of the Collosus on the AMD Phenom II @3.9GHz and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on the Intel Pentium G3258 @4.4GHz uploaded.

JambonJovi 07-08-2014 05:26 AM

Subbed!

Would love to get my hands on one of these,
once I get the money together.