Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   General Processor Discussions (https://www.overclock.net/forum/297-general-processor-discussions/)
-   -   First time build help please (https://www.overclock.net/forum/297-general-processor-discussions/1534157-first-time-build-help-please.html)

nkirky77 01-04-2015 05:03 PM

So i will start with a hello and just let you allknow im a complete noob. But i have done my first build and my pc keeps rebooting after 10mins of gaming and im confused as to why. My rig is

Amd fx 4300 3.8ghz
Msi gtx 770 twin frozr
Antec water cooler
Gigabyte 970a-ds3p mobo
8gb 1600mhz crucial ballistic ddr3
Corsair cx600 PSU

is the psu the problem here ? Causing the freezing and reboots ?

Thanks in advance

Mirotvorez113 01-04-2015 05:17 PM

First thing to check are the temperatures, especially on the CPU. Download HWmonitor and let us know what are the temps on everything.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

nkirky77 01-04-2015 05:25 PM

The cpu has cooler which changes colour when hot which it never has got really but i can check them in morning. Why wats your thoughts ? Thanks for reply

P.s is the psu worthy of running it all ??

Mirotvorez113 01-04-2015 06:13 PM

PSU is good, but it could have issues anyways. Could also be faulty ram. It is not just the cpu that can be overheating, gpu also and possibly the motherboard itself. Just check the temps and if thats all normal, than try a different psu if you have one available.

Also, what hdd/ssd you got?

hammong 01-04-2015 06:23 PM

Definitely need to test the RAM with Memtest86+ (test it overnight, should have NO errors in the morning).

Next, test the CPU with something like prime95, or you could set up [email protected] and let it run for a few hours at full-speed to see if you have any basic CPU issues. Keep a close eye on CPU core temps with HWINFO64 or CORETEMP while you do this.

If the RAM and CPU test ok OUT, then you're looking at GPU issues. Try installing EVGA PrecisionX and set up a FAN profile at 80% and play your games. It's going to be loud (the GPU fan, that is) - but it will keep your GPU temp pretty low. If stable, then you might need to check the thermal paste on the GPU/Heatsink.

Finally, while it's unlikely, it could be a PSU issue. A lot of people poo-poo on the Corsair CX series, but personally I haven't had any issues with them. There's always a bad apple in every basket though.

Greg

nkirky77 01-04-2015 10:18 PM

What temps do i class as normal when im testing ? Thanks for your replies

nkirky77 01-05-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirotvorez113 View Post

PSU is good, but it could have issues anyways. Could also be faulty ram. It is not just the cpu that can be overheating, gpu also and possibly the motherboard itself. Just check the temps and if thats all normal, than try a different psu if you have one available.

Also, what hdd/ssd you got?
500gb sata seagate i think it is

nkirky77 01-05-2015 01:11 AM

Yea s
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonkeydik View Post

It all bout da pus. Ya get me fam. Tha blud claat keep overloadin an protek itself from danger. Bit like da donkeydik wearin a condom. Ya get me bredrin.
yea sorry chipolata dont talk grime

daviejams 01-05-2015 10:18 AM

I bet the OP has not put the cooler on the CPU properly , it's getting too hot and rebooting to protect itself

nkirky77 01-05-2015 04:25 PM

Forgive me im new to all this. What is OP ? And there spring type screws on there so shouldnt it give equal tension ? Thanks for replies