Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Mice (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/)
-   -   Zowie ZA 11/12/13 Mouse (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1552218-zowie-za-11-12-13-mouse.html)

boogdud 04-22-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

The side buttons look improved, same with the main button piece.

They look pretty similar to ec1/2 side buttons, but it's hard to tell if they're that big.

shatterboxd3 04-22-2015 11:45 AM

Side profile looks nice. Might have to wait and see how it compares to a Rival in terms of filling out the hand. My only gripe with the rival is really it's weight so this could be a good pick up. Will be waiting to see how others like it though.

Looks like they got rid of the LED scroll wheel too, like some people here wanted.

CtrlAltel1te 04-22-2015 11:48 AM

Shape looks promising and very nice that they are offering three different widths.

I like there rubber coating a lot, I have used there ec2 for a long time.

But the button latency and sensor behavior is for me to much a con.

Curious if they used a 24 notch wheel probably they have but I really like there first FK with the 12 indentations.

popups 04-22-2015 11:58 AM

I just ordered an Avior 7000 and G303. The plan was to return what I don't like. If I returned both, I would settle on a FK1 because the Castor isn't out yet. If Mionix had released the Castor in April-May I would have bought the Castor over the G303, Avior 7000, FK1 and ZA11. I will most likely send the Avior 7000 back because it will be too heavy and the right side buttons will bother me. The G303 will likely get sent back because of the shape and the tracking issue that still remains since the G502.

zeflow 04-22-2015 12:06 PM

Release date predictions? Going for the 11 for sure.

popups 04-22-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflow View Post

Release date predictions? Going for the 11 for sure.

Who is the marketing guy currently?

a_ak57 04-22-2015 12:16 PM

Unless those pictures aren't to scale, turns out the mice are actually different lengths as well:

Probably an extra 2-3mm in length for each model would be my guess.

boogdud 04-22-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post

Unless those pictures aren't to scale, turns out the mice are actually different lengths as well:

Probably an extra 2-3mm in length for each model would be my guess.

I was wondering why they didn't include length in the pics since they're obviously descending in length from left to right. Interested in the small one (unless the smallest is just the same size as the fk / fk2).

mitavreb 04-22-2015 12:35 PM

So many gaming mice for the claw and fingertip grip players. I'm kinda envious since palm grippers have few choices. biggrin.gif

Seriously this is what Logitech should be doing. They should release different mouse shapes for the three grips. Zowie is doing it right. FK - for claw and fingertip. EC - for palm. And now these mice, and I think this looks like a hybrid palm with either claw or fingertip.

popups 04-22-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogdud View Post

I was wondering why they didn't include length in the pics since they're obviously descending in length from left to right. Interested in the small one (unless the smallest is just the same size as the fk / fk2).
The ZA13 is smaller than the FK2.

https://www.overclock.net/t/1432003/zowie-announce-ec-evo-cl-series/60_20#post_21051036