Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Computer Cases (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/)
-   -   Cooler Master: MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/1570053-cooler-master-mastercase-5-series-owners-club.html)

CM-Patrick 08-18-2015 09:43 AM

THE MASTERCASE 5 SERIES OWNERS CLUB

Quote:
At heart, the MasterCase 5 advocates a new relationship that binds component makers and users closer together. Its elegantly smooth, flexible FreeForm Modular System supports multiple outlooks, allowing you to upgrade rather than entirely replace your case as your needs change over time. Go with either basic dual top handles and standard door of the MasterCase 5 or an elevated mesh top cover of the MasterCase Pro 5.

Specifications: (Click to show)

Model

MasterCase 5

MasterCase Pro 5

P/N

MCX-0005-KKN00

MCY-005P-KWN00

Available Color

Dark metallic grey exterior with black interior

Materials

SECC, Plastic

Weight

10.6 kg/23.4 lbs

10.7 kg/23.6 lbs

Size (WxHxD)

All

235x512x548mm

235x512x548mm

Body

235x460x460mm

235x460x460mm

Mother Board Support

ATX, m-ATX, M-ITX

ATX, m-ATX, M-ITX

Expansion Slots

Drive Bay

5.25" ODD

3.5" HDD

2.5" SSD

2+2

2+5

Electronics

I/O port

U3 x2, Audio

U3 x2, Audio

Fan speed control

N/A

N/A

Pre-install fans

Front

140mm x1

140mm x2

N/A

N/A

Rear

140mm x1

140mm x1

Fan Support

Front

120/140mm x3

120/140mm x3

120/140mm x2

120/140mm x2

Rear

120/140mm x1

120/140mm x1

Water Cooling
Support

Front

240/280mm radiator, up to 40mm thickness without fan

240/280mm radiator, up to 40mm thickness without fan

N/A

240mm radiator, up to 40mm thickness without fan

Rear

120/140mm

120/140mm

CPU Air Cooling Support

190mm/7.5inches

190mm/7.5inches

VGA Card Support

w/ 3.5" HDD Cage

296mm/11.7inches

296mm/11.7inches

w/o 3.5" HDD Cage

412mm/16.2inches

412mm/16.2inches

Cable Management

25mm

25mm

Dust Filters

Front/Top/Bottom

Front/Top/Bottom

Power Supply Type

Bottom Mount, ATX PS2

Remark

No Top Cover
 No Front Door

W/ Top Cover
 Top Water Bracket
 Side Window

Product Sheet Download  MasterCase 5  MasterCase Pro 5

Gallery: (Click to show)
Gallery Images Work in Progress

Accessories (Click to show)

Available Accessories:

Work in Progress

Accessories Suggestions Thread Courtesy of CM Sircles

Quote:

At heart, the MasterCase 5 advocates a new relationship that binds component makers and users closer together. Its elegantly smooth, flexible FreeForm Modular System supports multiple outlooks, allowing you to upgrade rather than entirely replace your case as your needs change over time. Go with either basic dual top handles and standard door of the MasterCase 5 or an elevated mesh top cover of the MasterCase Pro 5.

I will have a list of confirmed accessories at the top, and you all can post your suggestions for what we should be releasing for you all to use! - MSRP will vary by region.

MasterCase 5 Window side panel

MasterCase 5 HDD Cage 2-BAY (3.5”)

MasterCase 5 HDD Cage 3-BAY (3.5”)

MasterCase 5 SSD Pocket (2.5”)

MasterCase 5 Top Cover Kit (Allows up to 240mm liquid cooling support in the top of MasterCase 5)

Please post your ideas and suggestions below!

Source: Link

Signature Code: (Click to show)
Code:
[center][url="https://www.overclock.net/t/1570053/cooler-master-mastercase-5-series-owners-club"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Cooler Master: MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club[/COLOR][/B][/url][/center]

CM Felinni 08-18-2015 09:43 AM

Cooler Master MasterCase Reviews

Site Name Article Name Date Link
Legit Reviews Cooler MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower ATX Case 09/21/15 Link
Guru 3D Cooler Master MasterCase Review 08/18/15 Link
Hexus Cooler Master MasterCase 5 08/18/15 Link
Bit-Tech Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 08/18/15 Link
Tweaktown Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Modular FreeForm Mid-Tower Chassis Review 08/18/15 Link
Overclock3D Cooler Master MasterCase 5 08/18/15 Link
Eteknix Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 Chassis Review 08/19/15 Link
Tech Power Up Cooler Master MasterCase 5 08/19/15 Link
Anandtech The Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Review 08/27/15 Link

Video Reviews

JayzTwoCents

Paul's Hardware

Hardware Canucks

Linus Tech Tips

CM Felinni 08-18-2015 09:43 AM

Members Registration Form

Krazee 08-19-2015 07:42 AM

This looks very promising. I am looking for a mid tower case to replace my HAF X. I do love my HAF X but it's too big right now. I only have a single GPU and it looks like a monster next to my wife's Bitfenix Prodigy. Once more parts are available for this I will definitely put it on my list to consider even more.

DapperDan795 08-19-2015 08:55 AM

Subbing to see some builds. Reviews are looking good so far. Case seems like a great size for someone wanting to downsize like myself. Good job CM thumb.gif

CM Felinni 08-19-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee View Post

This looks very promising. I am looking for a mid tower case to replace my HAF X. I do love my HAF X but it's too big right now. I only have a single GPU and it looks like a monster next to my wife's Bitfenix Prodigy. Once more parts are available for this I will definitely put it on my list to consider even more.

The MasterCase 5 in comparison to a HAF X is much shorter with the same ability to cram everything you had in your HAF X :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan795 View Post

Subbing to see some builds. Reviews are looking good so far. Case seems like a great size for someone wanting to downsize like myself. Good job CM thumb.gif

Thanks for the kind words.  Same here!  I look forward to the builds that everyone will come out with.  Make it yours~!

CM Felinni 08-19-2015 09:56 AM

Hey Everyone! CM Patrick has approved Free Shipping for North American CM Store Clients!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM-Patrick View Post

Hello Everyone,

The CM Store is now offering $15 off shipping on the MasterCase 5 & MasterCase Pro 5.

Coupon Code: Mastercase5

We will also be offering Free Shipping on all MasterCase accessories for US & Canada Customers.

www.cmstore-usa.com

DapperDan795 08-19-2015 10:14 AM

Any details on the 3rd case that TweakTown mentioned, the Maker Case 5?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it it just adds a front cover door and fan controller.

Dortheleus 08-19-2015 10:21 AM

Any ideal if CM would sponsor a build with this case?

CM Felinni 08-19-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Any details on the 3rd case that TweakTown mentioned, the Maker Case 5?

The MasterCase Maker 5 has an ETA sometime in the next quarter.  The nice thing about our MasterCase 5 is that you can get the PRO and upgrade to the MAKER by getting the additional accessories if you're so inclined. As of right now the only difference from the PRO and the MAKER are the front and top covers.

Sircles 08-20-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Felinni View Post

The MasterCase Maker 5 has an ETA sometime in the next quarter.  The nice thing about our MasterCase 5 is that you can get the PRO and upgrade to the MAKER by getting the additional accessories if you're so inclined. As of right now the only difference from the PRO and the MAKER are the front and top covers.

Don't forget the name is different too biggrin.gif

CM Felinni 08-20-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircles View Post

Don't forget the name is different too biggrin.gif

Of course this too! haha :thumbsups

koniu777 08-20-2015 06:01 PM

I just pre ordered Mastercase 5 Pro on Amazon and will get it shipped when it becomes available. Really like the concept of this case but I would really love to get my hands on the front solid panel from the maker, lets hope you guys get the options rolling soon... thumb.gif

GhettoFied 08-20-2015 06:17 PM

Does the bracket that allows a 3rd fan to be installed in place of 5.25 drives come with the 5 pro? Or do I have to get it separately?

Vlada011 08-20-2015 08:28 PM

I was not fan of previous Cooler Master cases except my ex case CM 690 and Cosmos Pure... special I didn't like HAF series, Storm, etc but these new cases are really nice, different style than previous, modern, I like them, really nice case for water cooling loop.
These holders look nice and it's very useful when you move case because cleaning, etc...
If you want clean case you need to move out once every month to clean with duster before dust become harder for cleaning.

Sircles 08-21-2015 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoFied View Post

Does the bracket that allows a 3rd fan to be installed in place of 5.25 drives come with the 5 pro? Or do I have to get it separately?

Hi there,

All the cases come with a bracket allowing you to mount up to 3 fans in the front, however you will not be able to use the 5.25" drive bays with the top one in place.

GhettoFied 08-21-2015 05:25 AM

Nice. Thanks for confirming!

GhettoFied 08-25-2015 08:25 AM

Another question, does the case support triple 140mm fans in the front with 120mm style mounting holes? Here are the fans in question http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1H80571&cm_re=cryorig_140mm_fans-_-9SIA4UF1H80571-_-Product

DapperDan795 08-25-2015 07:41 PM

In the Paul's hardware video he said that max rad space is 40mm including fans. I also see in the specs it says 40mm without fans. So am I reading correctly that max rad thickness is 15mm adding on a standard 25mm fan would equal 40? That can't be right. I can't even think of a rad that thin.

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 01:03 PM

Alright, ignore the Antec S10 box sitting underneath it, this is the true gem of my case collection. Antec Mastercase 5. The accessory bundle for the 5 Pro is here, too.

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

In the Paul's hardware video he said that max rad space is 40mm including fans. I also see in the specs it says 40mm without fans. So am I reading correctly that max rad thickness is 15mm adding on a standard 25mm fan would equal 40? That can't be right. I can't even think of a rad that thin.

H100I GTX fits without issue and has plenty of clearance. Lots of 240MM or 280MM rads will fit.

DapperDan795 08-26-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOMatic View Post

H100I GTX fits without issue and has plenty of clearance. Lots of 240MM or 280MM rads will fit.

Yeah I had seen some AIO's installed in it. I just don't understand the spec sheet saying 40mm without fans. Basically I'm wanting to put 2 of these in the system. Up top and in front. I would like to think a basic 240mm rad would fit fine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067LW8RY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SQJCH0Q4CAPA&coliid=IP3UA9BN5OSWK

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah I had seen some AIO's installed in it. I just don't understand the spec sheet saying 40mm without fans. Basically I'm wanting to put 2 of these in the system. Up top and in front. I would like to think a basic 240mm rad would fit fine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067LW8RY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SQJCH0Q4CAPA&coliid=IP3UA9BN5OSWK

CM had a demo system with very similar radiators setup. I think you're golden. My review is going to actually feature front radiator clearance and top radiator clearance with an AIO.

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

That radiator is smaller than the one on the H100I GTX. You'll be fine. wink.gif

DapperDan795 08-26-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

CM had a demo system with very similar radiators setup. I think you're golden. My review is going to actually feature front radiator clearance and top radiator clearance with an AIO.

Awesome, thanks for the helpful insight bud. thumb.gif

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Awesome, thanks for the helpful insight bud. thumb.gif

Yeah man, if you have any other questions or anything you want me to test out, let me know.

Some quick notes:

Awesome paint job
Great build quality (but CM flagship cases have always been built to survive the apocalypse) throughout. The feet are solid, the handles are solid. The side panels were designed cleverly.
Really clean looks that offer ability to be customized to pretty much any rig.
The bottom chamber is cleverly designed and has a lot of potential in watercooling rigs.
The windowed side panel is very nice and the window itself is well-made and doesn't scratch easy. It does have a glazing, though, that makes it so that bright LED's have a smudge when showing through, rather than being seen cleanly

DapperDan795 08-26-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Yeah man, if you have any other questions or anything you want me to test out, let me know.

Some quick notes:

Awesome paint job
Great build quality (but CM flagship cases have always been built to survive the apocalypse) throughout. The feet are solid, the handles are solid. The side panels were designed cleverly.
Really clean looks that are customization to pretty much any rig.
The bottom chamber is cleverly designed and has a lot of potential in watercooling rigs.
The windowed side panel is very nice and the window itself is well-made and doesn't scratch easy. It does have a glazing, though, that makes it so that bright LED's have a smudge when showing through, rather than being seen cleanly

You think I would be better suited using Alphacool ST30's since they are they are the same dimensions as the H100i GTX? The XSPC ones I linked earlier are 35.5mm thick. Plan I was thinking was those rads, cpu block, gpu block and a bay res/pump.

Thanks for the side notes too. I agree about their previous build quality. Have owned a few CM cases and they were stout. I really like how the SSD pockets can hide the branding if used up front. Never was a fan of showing them off. Of course I could just move them behind the mobo. The window glazing I saw in another review as well. I wonder if that will be addressed? The only led's I currently have are from my Corsair SP120 fans.

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

You think I would be better suited using Alphacool ST30's since they are they are the same dimensions as the H100i GTX? The XSPC ones I linked earlier are 35.5mm thick. Plan I was thinking was those rads, cpu block, gpu block and a bay res/pump.

Thanks for the side notes too. I agree about their previous build quality. Have owned a few CM cases and they were stout. I really like how the SSD pockets can hide the branding if used up front. Never was a fan of showing them off. Of course I could just move them behind the mobo. The window glazing I saw in another review as well. I wonder if that will be addressed? The only led's I currently have are from my Corsair SP120 fans.

The window glazing is actually a feature to reduce scratching and sun-damage over time, from what I understand. The be quiet! Silent base 800 window also has the same type of glazing, which causes LED smudge.

The SSD pockets are versatile in that you can choose to show your SSD by running on top, or you can hide them. Heck, you can even run two SSD's per sled. Very nice system. I like that you can eliminate all of the HDD cages from the main chamber and still have two cages for HDD's and two SSD's, which is enough for most enthusiasts. (I personally run 2x 250GB SSD's in RAID0 and a single large HDD in my rig)

I like ST30's, great radiators. I was actually going to request two of them for a project in the MasterCase 5 using CM reservoir and blocks.

I gotta applaud CM. They, unlike Antec, actually paid attention to what enthusiasts wanted. While it seems to be a case largely borrowed from what NZXT and Phanteks have been doing, CM did some nice things of their own and created a very nice case. Meanwhile, Antec released this huge, overpriced monster called the S10 that I am about to publish a review of. I doubt they'll be sending me anything for a while after it publishes.

DapperDan795 08-26-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

The window glazing is actually a feature to reduce scratching and sun-damage over time, from what I understand. The be quiet! Silent base 800 window also has the same type of glazing, which causes LED smudge.

I like ST30's, great radiators. I was actually going to request two of them for a project in the MasterCase 5 using CM reservoir and blocks.

I gotta applaud CM. They, unlike Antec, actually paid attention to what enthusiasts wanted. While it seems to be a case largely borrowed from what NZXT and Phanteks have been doing, CM did some nice things of their own and created a very nice case. Meanwhile, Antec released this huge, overpriced monster called the S10 that I am about to publish a review of. I doubt they'll be sending me anything for a while after it publishes.

Ahh ok good to know. I would be perfectly fine using the Alphacool ST30's. Mild OC on cpu and gpu at stock I would imagine would be fine with those two rads.

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Ahh ok good to know. I would be perfectly fine using the Alphacool ST30's. Mild OC on cpu and gpu at stock I would imagine would be fine with those two rads.

Oh, two of them should be able to handle a decent OC on the GPU and CPU. Lot's of dissipation capability, there. Dual 280's would be even better if you can swing it.

PureBlackFire 08-26-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

on the top of the case, yes. in the mastercase 5, that is without the upgrade kit for the top, there is no space for a rad+fan above the motherboard. you get about 40 mm total up top:

with a 360 rad in front you have just over 40 mm not counting the fans:

DapperDan795 08-26-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

on the top of the case, yes. in the mastercase 5, that is without the upgrade kit for the top, there is no space for a rad+fan above the motherboard. you get about 40 mm total up top:

Thanks! Clears it all up. Guess my reading comprehension had a derp moment. This would be just about perfect then.

PureBlackFire 08-26-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks! Clears it all up. Guess my reading comprehension had a derp moment. This would be just about perfect then.

glad to hear it. we want to see pics when you fiish your build. thumb.gif

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

The fans can run in front of the cage, so that space that's measured out can be all-radiator. Thing is definitely ready for watercooling. The Non-Pro isn't really worth it, since it's so stripped down.

PureBlackFire 08-26-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

The fans can run in front of the cage, so that space that's measured out can be all-radiator. Thing is definitely ready for watercooling. The Non-Pro isn't really worth it, since it's so stripped down.

yea, that's what I meant by "not counting the fans" in that space. and agreed about the base model. if it's not too late CM guys, just cancel it. realistically very few people are going to buy it for $110, it's not a great package at that price and the Pro version is a much better value. biggrin.gif

CM Felinni 08-26-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

yea, that's what I meant by "not counting the fans" in that space. and agreed about the base model. if it's not too late CM guys, just cancel it. realistically very few people are going to buy it for $110, it's not a great package at that price and the Pro version is a much better value. biggrin.gif

The MasterCase 5 Pro is a Great value! Especially in the grand scheme of things.  The base model can still work for people who want a total blank canvas to design from if they don't need all that extra gear that the Pro and the Maker 5 have to offer.

PureBlackFire 08-26-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

The MasterCase 5 Pro is a Great value! Especially in the grand scheme of things.  The base model can still work for people who want a total blank canvas to design from if they don't need all that extra gear that the Pro and the Maker 5 have to offer.

on some level that's true, but looking at what it offers out of the box and weighing it vs the Pro, which loses almost nothing in terms customization save for already having a nice window, I wonder how many consumers will see things the same way when it's time to part with their money. 2cents.gif

anyways, I hope you guys do well. I keep hearing there is a full tower version in the works but have seen nothing close to an official confirmation. any word on that? biggrin.gif

SeanOMatic 08-26-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

on some level that's true, but looking at what it offers out of the box and weighing it vs the Pro, which loses almost nothing in terms customization save for already having a nice window, I wonder how many consumers will see things the same way when it's time to part with their money. 2cents.gif

anyways, I hope you guys do well. I keep hearing there is a full tower version in the works but have seen nothing close to an official confirmation. any word on that? biggrin.gif

I heard the MasterCase series is going to be similar to Intel CPU's in naming scheme.

IE: the 5 is the midrange, the 7 will be high end, the 3 will be a low end sub $100 offering. This is just all hearsay.

PureBlackFire 08-26-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

I heard the MasterCase series is going to be similar to Intel CPU's in naming scheme.

IE: the 5 is the midrange, the 7 will be high end, the 3 will be a low end sub $100 offering. This is just all hearsay.

well, the 3 being mATX and the 7 being full tower makes sense. I'd like some confirmation though. biggrin.gif

Krazee 08-27-2015 07:58 AM

Is there a time frame for all the additional parts?

CM-Patrick 08-27-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Hello DapperDan795,

It is listed as 40mm w/out fans because the 40mm is the spacing for the Radiator only. The fans will mount in the front of the case between the bracket and the front pannel.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95
Quote:

SeanOMatic 08-27-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM-Patrick View Post

Hello DapperDan795,

It is listed as 40mm w/out fans because the 40mm is the spacing for the Radiator only. The fans will mount in the front of the case between the bracket and the front pannel.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

Yeah, we covered that, but thanks for confirmation!

DapperDan795 08-27-2015 03:04 PM

Yes thanks for all the help guys!

GhettoFied 08-27-2015 08:54 PM

Can it be!!!????

CM-Patrick 08-28-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Can it be!!!????

thumb.gif

ominousblack 08-30-2015 11:36 PM

This is my first time building a pc by myself, so please go easy. My first case was the CM HAF 922 and I figured it was time to get a new PC. After a billion hours of research, I almost made the purchase on the Corsair Carbide 540 Air, but seeing the Mastercase in person and in stock made me change my mind quite quickly. Fickled.

Current build:
Chassis: Mastercase Pro 5
Mobo: Asus H97 - Pro Gamer
CPU: Intel i5-4690
GPU: Asus GTX 560Ti [old, I know]
PSU: Seasonic M12ii 620W 80+ Bronze
Heatsink: Deepcool Lucifer

For now, all I have is this image, I will upload more images in a few hours.

Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5

It was extremely fun to build my new PC in a case like this, although I must admit, my cable management skills need some honing. Overall, everything in front is neat and clean, airflow is good. I am getting an average temperature of 34-36 deg Celcius on idle; ambient is 28-30 deg Celcius. While gaming, I am getting about 64-68 deg Celcius.

The side panels are great! For the windowed side, there is a black acrylic plastic covering the 'basement' of the chassis to prevent sore eyes of all the excess cables and the PSU. After loosening the screws of the panels, you can go hands-free and the panels will not slam down onto the floor due to some genius metal work on the panels' ledges.

BUT, nothing is perfect. Don't get me wrong, this is a great case; the space is large enough for even a newbie like me. However, I do have a few issues while building with this case.

1) The side panel screws are captive. Yes I wouldn't lose the screws, and it is easy to remove, however, I find it a little finicky to thread it back on. It might just be my case's issue.

2) The PSU plate doesn't align with my PSU/case. Let my clarify. the plate fits perfectly with the case when there is no PSU mounted, but when I add my PSU, the holes on the plate-PSU match up but the plate-case doesn't. Without the PSU, the plate-case holes match up perfectly.

3) You cannot securely add a fan controller or any short-tray 5.25" peripherals in the ODD bays. CM being CM, they continued utilising the tool-less ODD mounts, this time, they incorporated a slider to lock your ODD in place. I could not, for the life of me, mount the BitFenix Recon controller securely. As you can see from the image, the controller is resting atop my DVD drive. There is a limit bezel on the controller to prevent it from sliding into the case, and the fan connectors are secured at the back, so it is unlikely that it will ever drop out. But still, I would have preferred it to be flush with the DVD drive and the front of the case.

4) I misread the specs of the case when it said 3 x 120/140mm fans up front, 2 x 120/140mm up top. I forgot that I had to remove the 5.25" bay slots in order to utilise all 3 fan slots up front, being modular and all.

Thanks for reading!

DapperDan795 08-31-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominousblack View Post

This is my first time building a pc by myself, so please go easy. My first case was the CM HAF 922 and I figured it was time to get a new PC. After a billion hours of research, I almost made the purchase on the Corsair Carbide 540 Air, but seeing the Mastercase in person and in stock made me change my mind quite quickly. Fickled.

Current build:
Chassis: Mastercase Pro 5
Mobo: Asus H97 - Pro Gamer
CPU: Intel i5-4690
GPU: Asus GTX 560Ti [old, I know]
PSU: Seasonic M12ii 620W 80+ Bronze
Heatsink: Deepcool Lucifer

For now, all I have is this image, I will upload more images in a few hours.

Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5

It was extremely fun to build my new PC in a case like this, although I must admit, my cable management skills need some honing. Overall, everything in front is neat and clean, airflow is good. I am getting an average temperature of 34-36 deg Celcius on idle; ambient is 28-30 deg Celcius. While gaming, I am getting about 64-68 deg Celcius.

The side panels are great! For the windowed side, there is a black acrylic plastic covering the 'basement' of the chassis to prevent sore eyes of all the excess cables and the PSU. After loosening the screws of the panels, you can go hands-free and the panels will not slam down onto the floor due to some genius metal work on the panels' ledges.

BUT, nothing is perfect. Don't get me wrong, this is a great case; the space is large enough for even a newbie like me. However, I do have a few issues while building with this case.

1) The side panel screws are captive. Yes I wouldn't lose the screws, and it is easy to remove, however, I find it a little finicky to thread it back on. It might just be my case's issue.

2) The PSU plate doesn't align with my PSU/case. Let my clarify. the plate fits perfectly with the case when there is no PSU mounted, but when I add my PSU, the holes on the plate-PSU match up but the plate-case doesn't. Without the PSU, the plate-case holes match up perfectly.

3) You cannot securely add a fan controller or any short-tray 5.25" peripherals in the ODD bays. CM being CM, they continued utilising the tool-less ODD mounts, this time, they incorporated a slider to lock your ODD in place. I could not, for the life of me, mount the BitFenix Recon controller securely. As you can see from the image, the controller is resting atop my DVD drive. There is a limit bezel on the controller to prevent it from sliding into the case, and the fan connectors are secured at the back, so it is unlikely that it will ever drop out. But still, I would have preferred it to be flush with the DVD drive and the front of the case.

4) I misread the specs of the case when it said 3 x 120/140mm fans up front, 2 x 120/140mm up top. I forgot that I had to remove the 5.25" bay slots in order to utilise all 3 fan slots up front, being modular and all.

Thanks for reading!

Looks good man! As far as your 5 1/4 bay issues, did you try using a screw on each side instead of the mounting mechanism? A lot of short bay devices have to be screwed down and cannot use the tool free mounts.

ominousblack 08-31-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Looks good man! As far as your 5 1/4 bay issues, did you try using a screw on each side instead of the mounting mechanism? A lot of short bay devices have to be screwed down and cannot use the tool free mounts.

That's the issue, I couldn't screw it down either as the mounting holes are for the ODDs only, none of the other holes on the Recon line up with the holes on my chassis. I could always drill a hole on the controller though, but maybe not when its so new ahaha

ominousblack 08-31-2015 06:11 AM

As promised, some more shots of my build.

DapperDan795 08-31-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

That's the issue, I couldn't screw it down either as the mounting holes are for the ODDs only, none of the other holes on the Recon line up with the holes on my chassis. I could always drill a hole on the controller though, but maybe not when its so new ahaha

Ah ok I follow you now. Hmm I wonder how that will affect dual bay res users if the holes are drilled that far out.

ominousblack 08-31-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Ah ok I follow you now. Hmm I wonder how that will affect dual bay res users if the holes are drilled that far out.
A possible workaround might be to add a metal or plastic plate to "extend" the controller. Will post my hack if I get to it

koniu777 08-31-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

A possible workaround might be to add a metal or plastic plate to "extend" the controller. Will post my hack if I get to it

Where did you get the case?

GhettoFied 08-31-2015 07:33 AM

They are in stock at Newegg, people who pre-ordered had their shipped a few days ago.

koniu777 08-31-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

They are in stock at Newegg, people who pre-ordered had their shipped a few days ago.

After few bad incidents I don't shop with the egg anymore, still waiting for Amazon to get them in stock.

ominousblack 08-31-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koniu777 View Post

Where did you get the case?
I got it locally at the IT mall in Singapore, Sim Lim Square. Basically newegg in a mall.

GhettoFied 08-31-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

I got it locally at the IT mall in Singapore, Sim Lim Square. Basically newegg in a mall.
Cheating! biggrin.gif Wish we had something like that in the US.

SeanOMatic 08-31-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Man, when Fry's and Microcenter were just blocks from each other in Santa Clara, it was great. You didn't have to use Newegg at all because they price matched them. Sad Microcenter had to shut, they always had the best proc deals

ominousblack 08-31-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Man, when Fry's and Microcenter were just blocks from each other in Santa Clara, it was great. You didn't have to use Newegg at all because they price matched them. Sad Microcenter had to shut, they always had the best proc deals

Quote:

Well, Sim Lim Square is a great place and all with 6 levels, but PC builders usually buy from levels 4 and up, and it's def a place for people who know their stuff, or they will recommend **** like an 850W PSU in a non-gaming desktop build. Speaking from experience.

koniu777 08-31-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Here in Chicagoland we have two microcenters, fry's and handful of tigerdirect stores, but when it comes to new releases like this case the brick and mortar stores are always behind.

GhettoFied 08-31-2015 12:26 PM

Well we do have those of course, I mean a multi level place like what Korea and Taipei have. Not single individual stores. There's a microcenter and frys within 40 minutes drive of each other where I live.

SeanOMatic 08-31-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Here in Chicagoland we have two microcenters, fry's and handful of tigerdirect stores, but when it comes to new releases like this case the brick and mortar stores are always behind.

Yeah, none of the B&M get stuff as quickly. It's good you have Microcenter still, they always have great proc deals.

smithydan 08-31-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Hello DapperDan795,

Any reason why you guys didn't allow for a thicker rad or at least push pull? Let's sayaround 62mm. I understand the hdd cage at the bottom etc but maybe this could be considered in the case3 and 7.

PureBlackFire 08-31-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithydan View Post

Any reason why you guys didn't allow for a thicker rad or at least push pull? Let's sayaround 62mm. I understand the hdd cage at the bottom etc but maybe this could be considered in the case3 and 7.
has anyone done a full teardown of this case yet? maybe the mid plate can be removed and altered to your liking. I certainly would.

SeanOMatic 08-31-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

has anyone done a full teardown of this case yet? maybe the mid plate can be removed and altered to your liking. I certainly would.

You can't remove the mid-plate. It's riveted in there really well and part of the case structure.

Ron Soak 09-01-2015 04:17 AM

So here's my contribution. As one of the previous users said, their isn't a provision for the fan controller so I turned mine around, facing it internally. This works for me as I've set my profile and from where I sit I can see the info perfectly which is hard on the NZXT Sentry 3 due to bad viewing angles.

My intentions with this build is to get new RAM most likely Red to match the mobo. Possibly switch to the NZXT grid and get a back plate for my GPU. Then maybe some taste full LEDs. Not interested in having a full blown rave in my case but something to illuminate through the glass would be nice

9e97b2b597231ca1c176a496ed6d5de2.jpg
0f78db0b2805084df4a058643ce0f106.jpgafe8679365eeabe77d020113da3e0d64.jpgcce380bb86f7530b73734aeeeccc5ca9.jpg
4660360d8804c4534a6bd237a7ae8b9d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ominousblack 09-01-2015 05:45 AM

Nice. Looks neater than mine. The Recon has bad viewing angles too, but I need the DVD drive so I can't out the 3rd fan up front

GhettoFied 09-01-2015 06:09 AM

So a third fan will for up front with a single 5.25 installed? I'm putting an nzxt sentry (the short one) in there.

ominousblack 09-01-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

So a third fan will for up front with a single 5.25 installed? I'm putting an nzxt sentry (the short one) in there.

No. Both 5.25 has to be removed. But Ron inverted his sentry so the front is not obstructed, allowing him to put a fan

GhettoFied 09-01-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

No. Both 5.25 has to be removed. But Ron inverted his sentry so the front is not obstructed, allowing him to put a fan
that's what I meant sorry, like have the nzxt controller facing backwards the same way. I just meant does the fan fit with the 5.25 cage still there.

CM-Patrick 09-01-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithydan View Post

Hello Smithydan,

I will forward your comment to our PM team so hopefully we can have thicker rad support with future products.

Respectfully,
Patrick
CMUSA Support

SeanOMatic 09-01-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

that's what I meant sorry, like have the nzxt controller facing backwards the same way. I just meant does the fan fit with the 5.25 cage still there.

Yeah, the fan will install, it only obscures the front of the bays. You can still put a s
Quote:

Yeah, you can have three fans and the cage remains.

Ron Soak 09-01-2015 12:46 PM

So yea the front supports 2x 120/140s naturally. To go triple you either need to remove the drive bay, then add the adapter which allows you to screw in at the top or if you attempting what I did. With the drive cage still attached then you can add a fan but your going to be screwing it in from the bottom only so get some good screws.

f5f7050706d7b6d96b9059b689d15a6d.jpg

arkansaswoman22 09-01-2015 12:50 PM

It seems the MasterCase Pro 5 and the Swiftech H240-x aren't compatible according to pcpartpicker, i assume its because the cooler is a bit long, but would it fit if the hard drive cage and optical bays were removed?

Ron Soak 09-01-2015 12:58 PM

Thats an unusual CPU cooler, its probably incompatible for a variety of reasons, especially its overhang. BUT if you remov the HDD cage and Optical cage you have HEAPS of room, 3x140 fans to be exact

arkansaswoman22 09-01-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Soak View Post

Thats an unusual CPU cooler, its probably incompatible for a variety of reasons, especially its overhang. BUT if you remov the HDD cage and Optical cage you have HEAPS of room, 3x140 fans to be exact

Well the 220-x is compatible but it's smaller than the 240-x so i would assume the overhanging part could be a reason

Revan654 09-01-2015 05:25 PM

It's unlikely the answer yes, I have to have to ask anyone know if any of x99 Motherboards would fit into this case like Asus Rampage V Extreme and be able to use the rubber grommets for cable management?

CM Felinni 09-01-2015 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post

It's unlikely the answer yes, I have to have to ask anyone know if any of x99 Motherboards would fit into this case like Asus Rampage V Extreme and be able to use the rubber grommets for cable management?

I'm afraid the Asus Rampage V Extreme (EATX) will not be able to fit without a date with Mr Dremel as the MasterCase 5 can only accommodate motherboards up to ATX.  

PureBlackFire 09-01-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

I'm afraid the Asus Rampage V Extreme (EATX) will not be able to fit without a date with Mr Dremel as the MasterCase 5 can only accommodate motherboards up to ATX.  

really? you mean if you remove the SSD pockets it still won't fit?

how wide can that motherboard be? I've seen a build at Computex with a dual cpu socket motherboard in it.

the RVE can't possibly be wider than that and the height is the same as standard ATX (12").

Revan654 09-01-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

ok Thanks frown.gif

Isn't ATX - 12 × 9.6, Asus Rampage is 12 x 10.7. Usually rubber grommets are about 2 to 3 inches wide. Board may touch or take up a small fraction of the rubber grommets. But wouldn't they still be usable?

SeanOMatic 09-02-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

ok Thanks frown.gif

Isn't ATX - 12 × 9.6, Asus Rampage is 12 x 10.7. Usually rubber grommets are about 2 to 3 inches wide. Board may touch or take up a small fraction of the rubber grommets. But wouldn't they still be usable?

There's going to be issues using the bottom PCI-E slot for a GPU, too. There's only 7 PCI-E expansion slots.

CM-Patrick 09-02-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

ok Thanks frown.gif

Hello Revan,

You should still be able to mount the motherboard but the issues you will most likely run into are

1. The motherboard tray grommets will be partially covered.
2. There are no mounting holes for the right side stand offs so the board will be unsupported in this area.

As you can see from the image below, the rest of the standoff locations are the same.

koniu777 09-03-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

ok Thanks frown.gif

Hello Revan,

You should still be able to mount the motherboard but the issues you will most likely run into are

1. The motherboard tray grommets will be partially covered.
2. There are no mounting holes for the right side stand offs so the board will be unsupported in this area.

As you can see from the image below, the rest of the standoff locations are the same.

Pretty sure rampage V has regular atx standoff spacing just the board itself is little wider, I think it would fit no problem in this case.

CM-Patrick 09-03-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Pretty sure rampage V has regular atx standoff spacing just the board itself is little wider, I think it would fit no problem in this case.

Hello Koniu777,

Yes it looks like you are right, so then it possibly covering the motherboard tray grommets may be the only issue.

Respectfully,
Patrick
CMUSA Support

Ron Soak 09-03-2015 01:08 PM

Any one else super impressed to see actual Coolermaster staff in these threads?

koniu777 09-03-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

I'm not surprised, seeing what George has done for corsair sales by hanging around here.

CM Felinni 09-03-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Very! :D

TMatzelle60 09-03-2015 03:40 PM

Its nice to have so they can get user feedback for further development and also newer products and also support for members of the community

Sircles 09-03-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatzelle60 View Post

Its nice to have so they can get user feedback for further development and also newer products and also support for members of the community

Speaking of feedback and further development!

I have started a MasterCase accessory suggestion thread for all you lovely people! This is where we will keep track of the accessories available and any suggestions YOU the end users have! The more you guys voice what you want to see from the MasterCase, the better it will be! The thread will be watched by Cooler Master so that you can have what YOU want, so you can truly....

Make It Yours.

Thread is here:

https://www.overclock.net/t/1572308/official-cooler-master-mastercase-accessory-thread

Link is also in the OP under "accessories" smile.gif

Revan654 09-03-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Hello Koniu777,

Yes it looks like you are right, so then it possibly covering the motherboard tray grommets may be the only issue.

Respectfully,
Patrick
CMUSA Support

It would be interesting to see if anyone has a Rampage board to put it in the case and see what it looks like.

koniu777 09-04-2015 02:35 PM

Sup guys, I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon because they're saying that the case will be available in couple months, so with no other choice I decided to take my chance and I purchased it through Newegg. To my surprise the case is on a ups truck and is out for delivery right now, hoping it gets here in one piece. BTW I placed the order for this case yesterday.

PureBlackFire 09-04-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Sup guys, I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon because they're saying that the case will be available in couple months, so with no other choice I decided to take my chance and I purchased it through Newegg. To my surprise the case is on a ups truck and is out for delivery right now, hoping it gets here in one piece. BTW I placed the order for this case yesterday.

newegg is probably the fastest to ship stuff out. that return policy though.....

koniu777 09-04-2015 03:09 PM

8d36cadadf6a62b03fb1be106fa70a67.jpg

It's here /pray it's all good inside, box is in pretty good shape

SeanOMatic 09-04-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

8d36cadadf6a62b03fb1be106fa70a67.jpg

It's here /pray it's all good inside, box is in pretty good shape

Mine was way more beat to crap than that and the case is fine. They packaged it well. Cooler Master knows how to package cases. Go figure. smile.gif

koniu777 09-04-2015 03:25 PM

51394d33a6bb228a3f75ceceb35e14f8.jpg

a9663d12c92053bed9668ddd3da37a45.jpg

69a3e28d2bb045e5d6143b6724056822.jpg

Packaging is outstanding very thick/strong styrofoam, case is in pristine condition.

GhettoFied 09-04-2015 08:38 PM

Received mine as well. System is built now. No hangups during the build process, however I have one problem. Is there really no way to lock the top radiator mesh cover into place?

SeanOMatic 09-04-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Received mine as well. System is built now. No hangups during the build process, however I have one problem. Is there really no way to lock the top radiator mesh cover into place?

Nope, no lock.

koniu777 09-05-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

I'll probably mount few magnets on the inside of the panel using silicone or glue, just where the side of the panel meets the steel case.

GhettoFied 09-05-2015 10:32 AM

Ended up putting neodymium magnets on the back to keep the radiator cover on. Here's my build.

koniu777 09-06-2015 03:35 PM

Hi everyone, I have done few modifications to the case. First thing I did is glue in those magnets for the top panel of the case and I also created a light panel for the mid plate, I also placed an order for 3/16 tinted tempered glass that will replace the side panel.

615b18f239a76fb1395f499bf8208373.jpg

eec68b9ed1b7fe2596c1d445e39dd8e4.jpg

2a4381845b6843827e5df43ad76376c3.jpg

Btw, the light output for the mid plate panel looks a lot better irl, more even and bluer, my camera sucks lol

smithydan 09-06-2015 05:36 PM

Wow, nice. Is it rgb?