Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   PC Gaming (https://www.overclock.net/forum/78-pc-gaming/)
-   -   [Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/78-pc-gaming/1573586-official-soma-information-discussion.html)

GetToTheChopaa 09-24-2015 05:41 AM

This is how you heal yourself:> Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
in order to heal yourself, interact with those pods with black tubes coming out of them. They are located on every level, but easy to pass if you're in a hurry

boredgunner 09-24-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToTheChopaa View Post

in order to heal yourself, interact with those pods with black tubes coming out of them. They are located on every level, but easy to pass if you're in a hurry
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I haven't beaten the game yet but I wonder if there is a downside to using those? What exactly happens to Simon when using them? I'm leaving Lambda now and things have really picked up, it's more interesting than ever.

Reloaded83 09-24-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToTheChopaa View Post

Thank you! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suddenly it makes sense since they have a weird melted "plus" symbol. I was wondering what they did besides trigger the robot sometimes.

Reloaded83 09-24-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I haven't beaten the game yet but I wonder if there is a downside to using those? What exactly happens to Simon when using them? I'm leaving Lambda now and things have really picked up, it's more interesting than ever.
I'm sorry, I'm never very good at understanding what some of the stuff is in games. What is considered Lambda? I personally just got upstairs into the comm center and saved there last night. I've been going very slow and reading everything, but things don't always click easily. Thanks.

XKaan 09-24-2015 08:59 AM

Game is awesome! Work has been busy so I'm not very far, but I'm really enjoying it!

Agreed on the sound - aside from the voice-overs this game has some amazing sound effects and ambient music.

boredgunner 09-24-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded83 View Post

I'm sorry, I'm never very good at understanding what some of the stuff is in games. What is considered Lambda? I personally just got upstairs into the comm center and saved there last night. I've been going very slow and reading everything, but things don't always click easily. Thanks.

This isn't even a spoiler so I'll omit the tags. Lambda is the name of one of the other stations, like Upsilon. I'll leave the rest for you to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaan View Post

Game is awesome! Work has been busy so I'm not very far, but I'm really enjoying it!

Agreed on the sound - aside from the voice-overs this game has some amazing sound effects and ambient music.

Interestingly enough when you hear Simon speaking under water, the voice actor actually is under water so again it's very realistic. As for voice acting, it's pretty good. Nothing particularly amazing but it's fine. So far the dialogue isn't quite as memorable as Penumbra (especially Black Plague) but it serves its purpose as thought provoking material. I only have less than 4 hours in SOMA at the moment.

Reloaded83 09-24-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

This isn't even a spoiler so I'll omit the tags. Lambda is the name of one of the other stations, like Upsilon. I'll leave the rest for you to find out.

Ah I see. Thank you. smile.gif Hope I have more time to play this evening. We'll see.

Reloaded83 09-24-2015 09:04 AM

So far I think the voice over is pretty good, short of a few lines here and there. IMO the animation of the people is what is letting things down for me at times.

Reloaded83 09-24-2015 09:08 PM

Another hour down, and made it to Lambda and scoped it out a bit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stupid thing got me while I was trying to help Catherine. Tired to run up some stairs and got stuck on them. frown.gif All healed up now though. Creeped the heck out of me.

boredgunner 09-25-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded83 View Post

Another hour down, and made it to Lambda and scoped it out a bit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stupid thing got me while I was trying to help Catherine. Tired to run up some stairs and got stuck on them. frown.gif All healed up now though. Creeped the heck out of me.

Yeah I figured that enemy would scare the crap out of you. Wait until later...