Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   PC Gaming (https://www.overclock.net/forum/78-pc-gaming/)
-   -   [Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/78-pc-gaming/1573586-official-soma-information-discussion.html)

boredgunner 09-27-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded83 View Post

Oh, I didn't realize I could do that. Thought the only option was "continue". Good to know, thanks! thumb.gif

Yeah you can load games and you also have the ability to just hit "Exit" instead of "Save and Exit" so you don't have to save when stuck in a place like that.

Silent Scone 09-28-2015 11:01 AM

Just completed this. 9 hours playtime. Loved it. Very well paced and just the right amount of scares - if not largely depressing!

Great game.

boredgunner 09-28-2015 05:49 PM

I can't play the game anymore. The latest patch broke my game, and even a clean reinstall (discarding my old user profile) doesn't help. Crashes when loading the main menu. I seem to be in the minority though.

Reloaded83 09-28-2015 08:18 PM

Patch 1.01 caused me to crash at the main menu as well, just like it did when I first started playing. I closed MSI afterburner and the OSD and it worked fine. So, it seems for me anyway, it's caused my Afterburner.

boredgunner 09-28-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded83 View Post

Patch 1.01 caused me to crash at the main menu as well, just like it did when I first started playing. I closed MSI afterburner and the OSD and it worked fine. So, it seems for me anyway, it's caused my Afterburner.

You may have saved me from clinical depression! Granted the game's plot keeps losing hope and getting even darker anyway. I will give this a try tomorrow. I haven't even logged into Steam on my PC for the past two days just because SOMA hasn't been working. Its game world is so much better than any other crafted by Frictional Games, not that the others were lacking.

TwirlyWhirly555 09-29-2015 06:48 AM

Finished it today , loved the game !

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the part before the credits roll kinda makes me sad though

boredgunner 09-30-2015 07:02 PM

I'm curious if anyone here gets stuttering. I see lots of complaints about it on the Steam discussions, but I get none. I assume G-SYNC is my savior.

Reloaded83 09-30-2015 08:21 PM

I haven't noticed any. I notice a quick pause at times when it auto saves, but that's the only problem I've noticed thus far.

Silent Scone 09-30-2015 10:59 PM

Frame rate was super inconsistent for me. Dropped hard
at times

GetToTheChopaa 10-01-2015 08:11 AM

I remember some instances when I had frame drops, but for the most part it was pretty good. Of course, it took me quite a while to realize that with v-sync off the game is capped at 60 fps and when I turned v-sync on on my 96 Hz Qnix all of a sudden I was playing at 96 fps... I just found that a little weird!