Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Hardware News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/)
-   -   [AMD] Official AMD PCIe statement and new driver 16.7.1 coming in 24 hours (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/1605039-amd-official-amd-pcie-statement-new-driver-16-7-1-coming-24-hours.html)

Nestala 07-05-2016 11:27 PM

91fb287a15.png

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AMDGaming/posts/1087005684705251

Edit: Title correction: Official AMD PCIe statement and new driver 16.7.1 coming in 48 hours

huzzug 07-05-2016 11:55 PM

Now we just wait to see if the driver suffers performance at the cost of lowered current from PCIE.

Xuper 07-05-2016 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

Now we just wait to see if the driver suffers performance at the cost of lowered current from PCIE.

it said : up to 3%.

huzzug 07-06-2016 12:02 AM

Well they did say that the new UI toggle affects the power draw with small performance impact. And then a few select game titles being optimized for better performance. I'd take it as offsetting the performance loss suffered from reduced power draw for now. After the new reviews are submitted, an informed decision can be made,

Defoler 07-06-2016 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuper View Post

"in popular game titles"

What about everything else?

Defoler 07-06-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Well they did say that the new UI toggle affects the power draw with small performance impact. And then a few select game titles being optimized for better performance. I'd take it as offsetting the performance loss suffered from reduced power draw for now. After the new reviews are submitted, an informed decision can be made,

What about the people who bought the cards before all this came to be?
Going to be interesting to see how it plays out. If the performance reduction will be minimal (and if it will hit the OC performance).
I wonder if people will decide to return the reference 480s and wait for the AIBs instead.

huzzug 07-06-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Quote:

What about the people who bought the cards before all this came to be?
Going to be interesting to see how it plays out. If the performance reduction will be minimal (and if it will hit the OC performance).
I wonder if people will decide to return the reference 480s and wait for the AIBs instead.

You know well that if you were to return a card, you'd rather get a better card which is not from AMD at the moment

PostalTwinkie 07-06-2016 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuper View Post

Looks like a typo, as it says "3%1", so I would believe they mean 31%.

As for discussion around loss of performance, probably due to lowering clocks on core and/or memory (probably memory)......what a bag of worms.

MuscleBound 07-06-2016 01:32 AM

Less power draw= less performance.

ChevChelios 07-06-2016 01:33 AM

so the fix lowers performance ? =/

Quote:
Looks like a typo, as it says "3%1", so I would believe they mean 31%.
its 3%, check the actual facebook page