Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Coding and Programming (https://www.overclock.net/forum/142-coding-programming/)
-   -   Exchange mailbox disable after backup (https://www.overclock.net/forum/142-coding-programming/1605657-exchange-mailbox-disable-after-backup.html)

NeilCairns 07-12-2016 08:31 AM

We had a database get dismounted and deleted accidentally, as a result, user lost access to their mailboxes.
Fortunately I had a backup of just the .edb, .chk and .log files, which I was able to use eseutil against to repair and arrived at a clean shutdown state for the .edb file.
So what I did was, I went back into Exchange Console, created a new database under the same name "DB1" as the one that was deleted before it, and specified the folder to use. Left it dismounted. I've also got the "this database can be overwritten by a restore" checked.
I then copied over the restored .edb and .chk files to the folder the new database using the same name was under, and then I mounted the new database DB2 and it said it mounted successfully.
The .edb file is 127GB, and I know there are mailboxes on it, however, I cannot see any mailboxes in the "Recipient Configuration > Mailbox" when I drill down to this new database.
How do I get these mailboxes to show back up?
I can browse the .edb with a third party tool, so how can I get the same mailboxes to "show up" inside the Exchange Management Console?
I see nothing under "Disconnected mailbox" either.

Black59 07-19-2016 10:09 AM

Try Disable the mailbox, then "Connect-mailbox" for them accordingly.
First mount existing DB and allow overwrite checked on the DB properties.
Then run in powershell:
Get-MailboxDatabase | Clean-MailboxDatabase
Then go into a DC and open AD Sites & Services and trigger Replicate Now on a DC within each relevant group of DC's.
Check Disconnected Mailboxes in the EMC and you should start to see the disconnected mailbox users.
Then run this command, changing the database accordingly:
get-mailboxstatistics -database DB2 | where { $_.DisconnectDate -ne $null } | connect-mailbox -database DB2 -DomainController subDC.subdomain.com
Open in new window
- Use DomainController it if you're erroring out on all the users and suspect the users are in the sub-domain.
Errors will also be reported for those AD users who are "Disabled" in AD.
If this doesn't work then try to restore via Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox. This tool may help you. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/exchange_server_recovery.html

Black59 07-19-2016 10:12 AM

Visit this great source for additional information. Maybe will find something useful in that issue.

NeilCairns 07-21-2016 11:35 AM

Thank you buddy for your help and time. your recommendations are very useful. the issue is resolved.

prols1976 09-25-2016 04:04 AM

It is interesting theme, because of this resolution...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.