Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Prebuilt PCs (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18077-prebuilt-pcs/)
-   -   OriginPC watercooled PCs (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18077-prebuilt-pcs/1614038-originpc-watercooled-pcs.html)

kx11 10-19-2016 02:11 PM

hey guys

i\m trying to buy a watercooled PC (CPU\GPU) in a full tower build from originPC , their systems are so good looking and obviously very fast however the price point is higher than expected ( money isn't an issue to me ) so i don't know if i feel right about that

the build i chose costs 8100$ so it's very high-end GAMING PC , what do you guys think ?? the local stores we got here are mediocre and 1 of them ( out of 150) can do watercooling so buying a pre-built PC seems a much better choice and cheaper than what we got here

Gunderman456 10-19-2016 02:26 PM

Build it yourself for a feeling of self accomplishment.

gertruude 10-19-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post

This, you'll feel Epic when you build first pc and there's loads of info and great advice from this forum if you get stuck!

gtz 10-19-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertruude View Post

This, you'll feel Epic when you build first pc and there's loads of info and great advice from this forum if you get stuck!

kx11 has almost 5000 posts and 122 rep, I am pretty sure he (or she) can build a PC.

@KX11

If it comes out cheaper built already I say go for it. Sometimes I take for granted how cheap we can get parts here in the states that sometimes we forget how expensive they are in other parts of the world.

Plus I have always like how origin cases look.

Jim86 10-21-2016 02:12 PM

8K is a lot of money for a computer you should check out SingularityComputers on YouTube.

TheCautiousOne 10-21-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

hey guys

i\m trying to buy a watercooled PC (CPU\GPU) in a full tower build from originPC , their systems are so good looking and obviously very fast however the price point is higher than expected ( money isn't an issue to me ) so i don't know if i feel right about that

the build i chose costs 8100$ so it's very high-end GAMING PC , what do you guys think ?? the local stores we got here are mediocre and 1 of them ( out of 150) can do watercooling so buying a pre-built PC seems a much better choice and cheaper than what we got here

8100 USD??

I could build a world of hurt with that. Matter of fact, I built my SMA8 for Less.

TCO

Fuzzywinks 10-21-2016 02:46 PM

$8100 is extremely expensive for a gaming machine. Not questioning whether you can afford it, but rather saying that you can get just about the best gaming experience possible right now for a third as much money or less. Prebuilt manufacturers make their money by upselling you on every little thing along the way as a "recommended upgrade" and by the time you're done you have a 6950X and 4 Titans with 64GB of memory, which in the end will give you an inferior experience to a well clocked 6700k and a single card (or 2-way SLI if your games of choice support it well). The components they push at that price are often better suited to an editing/rendering/developing focused workstation and don't improve gaming performance in any meaningful way. That's not to say that prebuilt computers don't have their place or tell you how to spend your money. Rather I'm just saying evaluate whether the parts, looks, and saved time of having someone else build the machine are worth it to you.

Could you link the build you had in mind? Or if they don't make that easy at least list the components? Also is your intended purpose for this to be mainly a gaming machine or do you do other demanding things with it that require more cores/RAM etc?

kx11 11-03-2016 10:28 AM

well the build in my sig got sold to a person in ukraine !!!

at a high price that cover 85% of those 8100$

it's an experience and i'm willing to go with it

Bigceeloc 12-01-2016 09:18 AM

Give it a go man! I would like to see the spec sheet or build page though.

kx11 12-03-2016 04:08 AM

well it's here

specs