Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net BOINC Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/)
-   -   New Project: Amicable Numbers (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/1622474-new-project-amicable-numbers.html)

WhiteWulfe 02-09-2017 08:53 AM

Interesting concept for a project. I might fire it up for a bit and see where it goes... Aka I need WUProp hours for my fourth star >. >

mmonnin 02-13-2017 03:27 PM

GPU app incoming:
https://sech.me/boinc/Amicable/forum_thread.php?id=24#114

BeerCan 02-13-2017 06:09 PM

I wish we would get more medical gpu apps

WhiteWulfe 02-13-2017 06:12 PM

Agreed. Medical gpu apps would be amazing to have again!

BeerCan 02-13-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Agreed. Medical gpu apps would be amazing to have again!

I think TN-Grid may be contemplating one. Their volunteer developer Daniel has been doing amazing work for them.

WhiteWulfe 02-13-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerCan View Post

I think TN-Grid may be contemplating one. Their volunteer developer Daniel has been doing amazing work for them.

That's awesome to hear, because, well... In short... They're steadily becoming my favourite project (alongside DENIS now that it has regular work). Others are nice due to their broad appeal (WCG, another one where rumours of a gpu app are swirling) or specific focus on areas of major interest to me ([email protected]) but yeah.... If they get a gpu app going... They'll definitely become a major priority for me ^_^

mmonnin 02-13-2017 07:41 PM

I think I heard that Rosetta calculations weren't suited for GPU work, like it wasn't parallel enough for GPUs or something.

One of these days Universe will get a GPU client going and I'll slap that 280x on it. So many projects, not enough processors.

WhiteWulfe 02-14-2017 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

I think I heard that Rosetta calculations weren't suited for GPU work, like it wasn't parallel enough for GPUs or something.

One of these days Universe will get a GPU client going and I'll slap that 280x on it. So many projects, not enough processors.

Yeah, I think I remember reading something along that line regarding Rosetta as well. Universe getting a gpu app would be nice - I hope their beta doesn't wind up taking too long, AND gets ported over to nvidia cards as well, even if it's still using OpenCL and the cpu thread lockdown "problem" it tends to have.

k4m1k4z3 02-23-2017 07:39 PM

In case anyone missed, the GPU app is out in beta testing now.

emoga 02-23-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post

In case anyone missed, the GPU app is out in beta testing now.

Thanks, trying it out now thumb.gif


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.