Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net BOINC Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/)
-   -   New Project: Amicable Numbers (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/1622474-new-project-amicable-numbers.html)

WhiteWulfe 03-19-2017 02:53 PM

I haven't gotten a single pair yet, but fired it up again to get the 200 badge as a "why not" situation ^_^

Edit: but we'll see about that since it puts out a rather decent amount of heat, not to mention how long would it take to find that many (since running 100 hours worth of tasks netted me zero)

mmonnin 03-19-2017 05:07 PM

Hmm 4x with a full CPU load was giving sporadic GPU usage so back down to 3x.

WhiteWulfe 03-19-2017 10:22 PM

Well, I'm up to 8 now, and k4m1k4z3 was paired with me for a quarter of them ^_^

EDIT: After the Foldathon, I suspect I'm going to put a few days of work in to try and get at least one of the badges. I'm not normally a badge hunter, but the past few months I've taken to at least trying for them once a project has made mention of the fact that it's time limited/sensitive (aka only so much work left)

k4m1k4z3 03-20-2017 04:49 AM

applaud.gif Its only 2 out of 18 now.
It is fun when you confirm your own numbers too, nobody else can claim that they helped find that number.

WhiteWulfe 03-20-2017 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post

applaud.gif Its only 2 out of 18 now.
It is fun when you confirm your own numbers too, nobody else can claim that they helped find that number.

Awwwww, oh well, it was fun to see a decently high percentage involving teammates at first... I am hoping that being up to 18 already means that the 200 badge won't take too too long... Although I might go for the next ranking simply because it would be kinda nice to register at least 500 hours in WUProp too.

k4m1k4z3 03-20-2017 05:06 AM

At some point I will pull the list of all my numbers and make a count of teammates biggrin.gif

mmonnin 03-20-2017 05:13 AM

I got over 100 last night. Although it doesn't show up on Free-DC. frown.gif

Their stats admin said this:
Quote:
I've added the Drug Discovery badges. Amicable, I'm not sure how to handle just yet. I may have to breakdown and just write a parser for the xml

WhiteWulfe 03-20-2017 09:51 AM

Oh sweet, DrugDiscovery has badges too now? ^_^

Edit: guess that's going into the "I'll run it soon" queue then tongue.gif

mmonnin 03-20-2017 10:08 AM

Haha yeah. They show up big on Free-DC as well. It's on my list as well for badges.

WhiteWulfe 03-20-2017 10:10 AM

I think the biggest thing for me at the moment is whether or not to go for that 5k Amicable Numbers badge. Why? It's orange, that's why tongue.gif

But yeah, it's definitely nice to see more projects offering up badges, as it makes it more enticing to spend a bit more time on projects that may not be a person's core focus ^_^;;;;