Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Mice (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/)
-   -   G403 Angled sensor vs G pro (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1623966-g403-angled-sensor-vs-g-pro.html)

fourthavenue 02-23-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

I did that years ago with the MX518. No big deal, I adjusted to it over time.
Yes my grip is angled with almost every mouse, even with ambidextrous mice. But it doesn't hinder my gameplay. Because human can easily adjust to it.

SmashTV 02-23-2017 11:33 AM

As others said here it's your grip.

I've linked to the Deathadder post a few times. It's a "problem" with that style of ergo mice personally speaking.

daniel0731ex 02-23-2017 11:34 AM

I wonder if at any point in the Logitech design process they tried to analyze the moment of inertia tensor to see if the sensor is aligned with the shape's principle axes. If not, the sensor can technically be misaligned to how the shape tends to move.

imdavidboss 02-23-2017 01:21 PM

I have that same grip with almost all ergo mice. It's just what's most comfortable. My brain just adjusts how to move the mouse to compensate I guess because I have no problem with straight lines.

plyr 02-23-2017 01:54 PM

After a calibration on the surface here I can make straight lines, no problem. With that said, I don't like to where they point the sensor, you really have to play a bit to get used to it. I prefer the G Pro.

popups 02-23-2017 02:18 PM

If I hold the G403 in the most comfortable way the sensor will be slightly misaligned in my hand. If I hold it with the senor aligned I start to want to use another mouse. I sent the mouse back because the shape wasn't good for me -- I was always fighting to get comfortable while maintaining control.

The Pro was fine as it's a symmetrical shape. Main reason I continue to use symmetrical mice.

Artifact 02-23-2017 03:14 PM

Welcome to having a fingertip grip. Either get a mouse that accommodates it (G502, Naos...), or get used to having to compensate for the angle.

pindle 02-23-2017 03:16 PM

Same for me, played like that for years so np at all.

frunction 02-23-2017 03:55 PM

The problem with G403 is that the sensor is angled in the wrong direction for how many hold ergo mice... even worse than a normal mouse with a straight sensor. Another reason I gave up on it.

jjpjimmy 02-23-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthavenue View Post

Logitech China even has an official tip on why G403 users can't draw a horizontal line.

Ring finger on the right click button? Okay, I'll try it.