Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/)
-   -   Phanteks Enthoo elite Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/1624672-phanteks-enthoo-elite-discussion.html)

diablo2allday 03-03-2017 08:59 PM

Hey guys i have been looking into a Phanteks elite case. Figured id start a thread to see what everyone thinks of it.

It's 900$ so let's put that to bed. We get it, it's way expensive but i'm sure we can all build pcs in 50$ cases and that's not what i want to talk about, is it the perfect WC case ? i feel like it falls short in a few areas.

For example. You can't really mount a pump in the middle section without having to remove the entire middle cover and replacing it with a radiator bracket. Unless you want drill into the middle aluminum panel.

It seems to accommodate pump res combos pretty well though.

I also really don't like the honeycomb back. it just does not look premium.









Overall i really like it. If it was 600$-700$ ish dollars i would buy it. But 900$ hurts.

Roadrunners 03-04-2017 04:40 AM

I think its a nice case but the price is way too high and I cant understand why they have bundled it with that massive flight case. I would rather they sold it for less without it.

IMO it should be priced a few hundred dollars more than the Primo.

uk80glue 03-04-2017 11:22 AM

didn't see the link until I'd already typed out a response so here's some copy pasta

Seems like that's a big thing here lately. Taking an already "top tier" case and adding a couple little extra things to it like aluminum instead of steel or tempered glass instead of plastic and turning around and slapping a $900-1k price tag on it. If I'm going to pay $1000 for a case you better make it worth $1000 and include more than a couple little upgrades over the $200 case.

For that matter, buying a $1000 case is like buying a luxury vehicle. Part of what I'm paying for is the name, and if I'm dropping that kind of cash I want something that carries the cost of the name as well. I'd spend $1000 on a top of the line Case Labs case long before I spent it on a gimmick case from a mid tier manufacturer. If I'm buying a luxury car I'm buying a Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, ect, I'm not spending that kind of money on a Kia no matter how nice it is.

diablo2allday 03-04-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk80glue View Post

didn't see the link until I'd already typed out a response so here's some copy pasta

Seems like that's a big thing here lately. Taking an already "top tier" case and adding a couple little extra things to it like aluminum instead of steel or tempered glass instead of plastic and turning around and slapping a $900-1k price tag on it. If I'm going to pay $1000 for a case you better make it worth $1000 and include more than a couple little upgrades over the $200 case.

For that matter, buying a $1000 case is like buying a luxury vehicle. Part of what I'm paying for is the name, and if I'm dropping that kind of cash I want something that carries the cost of the name as well. I'd spend $1000 on a top of the line Case Labs case long before I spent it on a gimmick case from a mid tier manufacturer. If I'm buying a luxury car I'm buying a Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, ect, I'm not spending that kind of money on a Kia no matter how nice it is.

Yeah i agree, i like the case but 1K is insane. It's not some inwin exclusive case and honestly the build quality does not look super flawless. There are some panel gaps and the usb ports are not aligned. Little things add up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunners View Post

I think its a nice case but the price is way too high and I cant understand why they have bundled it with that massive flight case. I would rather they sold it for less without it.

IMO it should be priced a few hundred dollars more than the Primo.

I think Hardwarecanuks said the case costs just under 200 for them to manufacture ( the flight case ) Thats 20% of the cost ! i get wanting to reduce RMAs but i really dont think it was worth the price.. i would consider this case at 699 ( consider ) 899 .....

My current rig is in an inwin 909. Yes its an incredibly annoying case to deal with but it is just as, if not more premium, at half the cost.

HoneyBadgerUK 03-06-2017 03:32 AM

About 2 months ago, I pre-ordered one of these (Gun metal version) from OCUK - Impulse buy, I then started looking at build options (as you can build 2 systems in this case) but found my options limited for the type of build I felt it deserved.

The more I investigated, the more I realised that whilst a beautiful case, the price was simply too much for the product features.

Unlike most, I quite liked the idea of it coming in its own flight case, however I could see it making more sense with an ITX system rather than a behemoth like this!

I believe the original prototype revision was geared for around the £500/600 mark, so how it became £300 more with the final revision alludes me.

I cancelled the pre-order in the end.

diablo2allday 03-07-2017 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerUK View Post

About 2 months ago, I pre-ordered one of these (Gun metal version) from OCUK - Impulse buy, I then started looking at build options (as you can build 2 systems in this case) but found my options limited for the type of build I felt it deserved.

The more I investigated, the more I realised that whilst a beautiful case, the price was simply too much for the product features.

Unlike most, I quite liked the idea of it coming in its own flight case, however I could see it making more sense with an ITX system rather than a behemoth like this!

I believe the original prototype revision was geared for around the £500/600 mark, so how it became £300 more with the final revision alludes me.

I cancelled the pre-order in the end.

I really do wish they lower the price. I would be in the market for one at around 600 but i dont see anyone buying this at 900. Its just too much for what it is. maybe one day it will go down and i will impulse buy lol

loktite78 03-17-2017 07:55 AM

I have this case, and while expensive it is worth it. The case is beautiful. The build quality is phenomenal, it is solid and nothing moves or gives when moving it around, even with the panels off while doing the build. The powder coating is uniform and no imperfections. All of the mounting points for doors and panels are rubberized for silence. The case is HEAVY! 72 lbs!!

There were numerous holes for mounting the rez, but I had to drill a few anyway because of where I wanted it. I'm using a 200mm Monsoon MMRS rez with 25mm mounts. The tray you mount the rez on moves to the left and right to give you more space on either side if needed.



I did not like where the pump mounting plates were. I bought the sweet looking Monsoon MMRS stand alone pump tops and I didn't want to mount them in the back. I plan on using the rubberized mounting plates in the middle area. I'm not going to use the rad mounting adapter so I will drill holes in the middle plate.

Only gripe, small gripe, is the back. But, i can see the utility in it. I have 14 fans on the 2 rads i have so I will need to have a large volume of air for the case.


Duality92 03-17-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loktite78 View Post

I have this case, and while expensive it is worth it. The case is beautiful. The build quality is phenomenal, it is solid and nothing moves or gives when moving it around, even with the panels off while doing the build. The powder coating is uniform and no imperfections. All of the mounting points for doors and panels are rubberized for silence. The case is HEAVY! 72 lbs!!

There were numerous holes for mounting the rez, but I had to drill a few anyway because of where I wanted it. I'm using a 200mm Monsoon MMRS rez with 25mm mounts. The tray you mount the rez on moves to the left and right to give you more space on either side if needed.



I did not like where the pump mounting plates were. I bought the sweet looking Monsoon MMRS stand alone pump tops and I didn't want to mount them in the back. I plan on using the rubberized mounting plates in the middle area. I'm not going to use the rad mounting adapter so I will drill holes in the middle plate.

Only gripe, small gripe, is the back. But, i can see the utility in it. I have 14 fans on the 2 rads i have so I will need to have a large volume of air for the case.


Just to try to place your point of view on the case. How many "premium" cases have you owned? (serious question).

loktite78 03-17-2017 08:06 AM

Not sure what you mean by premium. Is there a cost range to be classified as premium? Previous cases were cooler master and nzxt.

Duality92 03-17-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loktite78 View Post

Not sure what you mean by premium. Is there a cost range to be classified as premium? Previous cases were cooler master and nzxt.

From what I see, you have not owned premium cases before. I'd put cases made from aluminium in the premium class, most of them anyways.

Having myself own a few cases, I'd like to get my hands on this case for review, but my bridges with Phanteks are all burnt unfortunately.

I'd consider any case above 300$ (with a few exceptions over and under that) premium too.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.