Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1625822-gigabyte-ga-ax370-gaming-k7-discussion.html)

AuraNova 03-22-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post

Was the K7
Then it must have been a literal minute. lol That page has been on "auto-notify" for a long time for me. I can't tell you how many times I refresh that page.

LBear 03-22-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post

Lucky bastard! I've been searching multiple times a day and have the reminder set on Newegg but havent had any luck at all.

I got lucky seriously. At work and checked newegg stock before i took my 15 min break was out of stock. Came back and refresh page and it was in stock. As soon as i placed my order and refresh page it was out of stock. At this point i didnt think order went though or someone beat me the last one but after 10 mins it stated "packing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

Then it must have been a literal minute. lol That page has been on "auto-notify" for a long time for me. I can't tell you how many times I refresh that page.

I also have "auto-notify" on for the K7 and got no notification

AuraNova 03-22-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

I got lucky seriously. At work and checked newegg stock before i took my 15 min break was out of stock. Came back and refresh page and it was in stock. As soon as i placed my order and refresh page it was out of stock. At this point i didnt think order went though or someone beat me the last one but after 10 mins it stated "packing"
Then you probably got someone's re-stock. They stocked it put it back up at the right moment, I guess. You happened to have had perfect timing.
Quote:

I also have "auto-notify" on for the K7 and got no notification
I'm familiar with the inaccuracies of their auto-notify system, which is why I don't even bother with it. I just refresh the webpage.

easyXmode 03-22-2017 07:37 PM

Boards have been coming in but auto notify hasnt been going off probably due to the very limited quantities. In the past week both the msi xpower and asus crosshair have been on sale and gone within 2 hours. All boards including the k7 have gone up for sale around 2-3PM PST. Best of luck trying to snipe one.

colorfuel 03-23-2017 01:06 AM

I ordered a K7 on mindfactory.de. They expect it on the 31st. But that doesnt mean anything, really.

Y0shi 03-23-2017 01:13 AM

I'll get mine today, ordered from computeruniverse.net. Let's see if it can replace my PRIME X370-PRO which got borked somehow a few days ago...

mus1mus 03-23-2017 06:31 AM

For Gigabyte users suffering BIOS resets after a failed/crash/black screen inside Windows, to prevent resetting the BIOS, Hold the Power Button to shut down the Board > Press Power button again to return to previous state. Reset Button will automatically bring you to a BIOS Reset Prompt as well as turning Off the PSU.. thumb.gif

GalaxyDrifter 03-24-2017 10:33 AM

Sorry guys. I know I started this thread after I ordered a K7. I did receive my K7 a few days ago, but I never opened it.

Just before it was delivered, I got notice that my day one pre-order from Amazon for a Crosshair 6 Hero was finally shipping. I now have both and while it was a tough decision (different things I like about each of them), I have decided to keep the C6H, and just got an RMA to return the K7 to Newegg.

It was very stressful after waiting so long for a motherboard (all other parts I have had > 3 weeks) to have a new one sitting here in a box, but I resisted so I could still get a full refund from Newegg.

I kind of wish I could keep both, but I spent way too much on other things like large and fast ssd's and cooling/case solutions.

I wish you all the best of luck with your K7.

easyXmode 03-24-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDrifter View Post

Sorry guys. I know I started this thread after I ordered a K7. I did receive my K7 a few days ago, but I never opened it.

Just before it was delivered, I got notice that my day one pre-order from Amazon for a Crosshair 6 Hero was finally shipping. I now have both and while it was a tough decision (different things I like about each of them), I have decided to keep the C6H, and just got an RMA to return the K7 to Newegg.

It was very stressful after waiting so long for a motherboard (all other parts I have had > 3 weeks) to have a new one sitting here in a box, but I resisted so I could still get a full refund from Newegg.

I kind of wish I could keep both, but I spent way too much on other things like large and fast ssd's and cooling/case solutions.

I wish you all the best of luck with your K7.

GalaxyDrifter 03-24-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyXmode View Post

lol. You are right, I am a traitor. What can I say?

I think ultimately I went with the C6H because I had invested in a 960 Pro M.2 and did not like being forced to mount it under a space heater.

The 960 can run hot enough on its own and will throttle down when heated. On the C6H, the SSD mounts out in the open will lots of air flow, both above and below it. (It mounts higher off the mb than others I have seen)