Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1625822-gigabyte-ga-ax370-gaming-k7-discussion.html)

GalaxyDrifter 03-17-2017 10:40 AM

Just wanted to start a thread for K7 talk.

Does anyone have it yet?

Mine will arrive on Mon. 3.20.

Bios and support files available at:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K7-rev-10#support-dl

cssorkinman 03-17-2017 10:53 AM

I will have one tuesday - not sure when I'll have it up and running.

BuZADAM 03-17-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDrifter View Post

Does anyone have it yet?

There was a new BIOS on Gigabyte Support Page, but seems to have been taken down now:

Hi GalaxyDrifter ,

I want that mb but no where can find. like as Ghost mainboard . when arrived yours can added some pictures and share some with your first view

BuZADAM 03-17-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Does anyone have it yet?

There was a new BIOS on Gigabyte Support Page, but seems to have been taken down now:

where did you get buy ? ( pre-order)

BuZADAM 03-17-2017 11:21 AM

ryzen cpu deserve , like as gaming 8 or gaming 9 series mb's but gigabyte only two model have gaming 5 and k7 ( x370 based ) it is not fair when compared intel side mb's

GalaxyDrifter 03-17-2017 12:13 PM

@BuZADAM

Well, a few days ago I read this post from a Gigabyte employee: "Hey guys, Alan here and I'm a GIGABYTE staff member.

Our inventory stock supposed to pull through this week. Haven't seen it yet, but even afterwards it'll take ~1-3 days to ship out to storefront/e-tailers. Expected limited quantity of our boards until 2 weeks later when we have a gigantic shipment incoming."

https://hardforum.com/threads/gigabyte-ax370-gaming-k7.1926752/#post-1042876572

Then I just just kept checking Newegg at least once an hour. It was not fun. But then on Wed afternoon, Newegg had them in stock, so I ordered right away. Less than an hour later that were out.

Others have said that Newegg had some available again on Thur., it were out in about 15 mins.

Based on what the Gigabyte employee said (and what happens often with new hardware), they got a small shipment in the US by air, and then they have a "gigantic" shipment coming by boat.

Alwrath 03-17-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

I will have one tuesday - not sure when I'll have it up and running.

Im in the same boat. Was supposed to get 3 day shipping from the egg but looks like 6 day shipping instead.

GalaxyDrifter 03-18-2017 08:36 AM

The new BIOS, F3b, is now back and available for download from the K7 support page.

Praetorr 03-18-2017 10:39 AM

I was fortunate to snag one of the Newegg ones that got flown in. Put the system together yesterday with an 1800X.

Going very well so far. No major issues, the system was left running overnight and it's still running now. thumb.gif

Biggest issue thus far: At least for me, I cannot alter memory speeds with the stock bios. Setting XMP makes it look like it's running my memory at 3200mhz, but according to benchmarking and CPUZ, it doesn't.

I haven't tried any other bios yet.

Edit: It seems that while XMP isn't working (for me), manually typing in the memory frequency, timings, and voltage works.

I didn't realize with the UEFI that you can just type into those fields. My Sandy Bridge system just had a traditional BIOS. tongue.gif

GalaxyDrifter 03-18-2017 11:58 AM

@Praetorr

What is the model number of your sticks?

AlphaC 03-18-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorr View Post

I was fortunate to snag one of the Newegg ones that got flown in. Put the system together yesterday with an 1800X.

Going very well so far. No major issues, the system was left running overnight and it's still running now. thumb.gif

Biggest issue thus far: At least for me, I cannot alter memory speeds with the stock bios. Setting XMP makes it look like it's running my memory at 3200mhz, but according to benchmarking and CPUZ, it doesn't.

I haven't tried any other bios yet.

Any fidgeting with the BCLK yet? tongue.gif
It would be interesting to compare a conservative 3.8GHZ Ryzen 7 with DDR4 2666MHz vs 4.06GHz Ryzen 7 DDR4 2852MHz that was overclocked via ~107MHz BCLK

Per the Stilt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/ 
The base-clock (BCLK)

Overclocking the base clock (BCLK) on AM4 platform is possible, however generally not recommended. This is due to its frequency relations with other interfaces, such as the PCIe. Unlike with Intel's more recent CPUs, there is no asynchronous mode (straps / gears) available, which would allow stepping down the PCIe frequency at certain intervals. The PCIe frequency relation is fixed and therefore it increases at the same rate with the BCLK. Gen. 3 operation can generally be sustained up to ~107MHz frequency and higher speeds will usually require forcing the links to either Gen. 2 or to Gen. 1 modes.

Praetorr 03-18-2017 12:05 PM

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I haven't seen any ability to actually adjust it in-bios yet.

The stock (F2) bios seems severely limited so far.

Sev501 03-18-2017 03:50 PM

I also have this board, although haven't put it up all together yet. Still waiting for the noctua am4 mounts to come in via post.

I went with 1700x and a 16 gb G. Skill Trident Z kit..

(I've tried for days to find a review for this board but none so far due to availability maybe, all I've seen is the gaming 5 and gaming 3).

Sub'd!

Cheers!

GalaxyDrifter 03-18-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev501 View Post

I also have this board, although haven't put it up all together yet. Still waiting for the noctua am4 mounts to come in via post.

I went with 1700x and a 16 gb G. Skill Trident Z kit..

(I've tried for days to find a review for this board but none so far due to availability maybe, all I've seen is the gaming 5 and gaming 3).

Sub'd!

Cheers!
You cannot find reviews because you are one of the first people to own one. It was just released this week.

Sev501 03-18-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

You cannot find reviews because you are one of the first people to own one. It was just released this week.

Makes sense! Although I've seen articles from feb featuring the board, never thought that it was just recently released!
Time to get some pictures up for then!

One thing I noticed it comes with 2 thermometers or thermosistors that can be connected to the board.
(Sorta noobish, but yeah this is sort of my first high end board) biggrin.gif

EDIT: @Praetorr: how did you set up or attach the thermosistors are they near the cpu or somewhere in the case?

Praetorr 03-18-2017 05:03 PM

I didn't bother with them personally.

drksilenc 03-20-2017 07:27 AM

I do want to warn you do not install the creative sound pack if you play dota 2. It is causing massive fps loss. Without it i get around 110 fps with it i get only 30. Im gonna put a call in to them today to see if they can figure it out.

Praetorr 03-20-2017 07:27 PM

Anybody else have the debug LED constantly display code "56"? Manual says it's "invalid CPU type or speed," but my system has been running 24/7 for a few days now without a single hiccup.

I'm thinking it's just a normal part of using the stock F2 bios, but I'd love if anyone else could confirm/deny. thumb.gif

Edit: Those in the CPU megathread confirmed that this is happening with their Gigabyte Gaming 5's & K7's too.

muffins 03-20-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Anybody else have the debug LED constantly display code "56"? Manual says it's "invalid CPU type or speed," but my system has been running 24/7 for a few days now without a single hiccup.

I'm thinking it's just a normal part of using the stock F2 bios, but I'd love if anyone else could confirm/deny. thumb.gif

Edit: Those in the CPU megathread confirmed that this is happening with their Gigabyte Gaming 5's & K7's too.
no issues here.... though i've only had my gaming 5 for two days now. mine shipped with f4 by default but i flashed f5d on my first post. mine shows 24. though i have noticed if i have the gigabyte siv software installed, my q code shows A0. it goes back to 24 once i uninstall the software. though the manual doesn't state what 24 is. my crosshair hero too showed 24.

Sev501 03-21-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Have you tried with the latest bios f3b? http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K7-rev-10#support-dl

Praetorr 03-21-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Have you tried with the latest bios f3b? http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K7-rev-10#support-dl

Nope. It wouldn't shock me if it fixes it though. I generally don't mess around with beta BIOS, however. wink.gif

Lithoss 03-22-2017 10:58 AM

I got mine Monday. Works great so far, even on the stock bios. It did get stuck on post with error code A0 a couple times. A cold boot fixed it, thankfully. Will update bios soon hopefully.

drksilenc 03-22-2017 12:29 PM

So i have been running on the K7 since friday and there is some buggy firmware and software.

1. Do not believe the easy tune over clock. It says it applied but no other software can validate it. It shows it in the change settings in bios but doesnt apply properly in the bios so the software thinks it is running faster than it is.
  2. Avoid the Soundblaster software as it has a bug in it to where it drops fps in games. dota 2 went from 110 down to 30 or lower with it installed and the only way to resolve is to reformat windows.
  3. Memory speeds on ram can be stable i am running CMD32GX4M4C3200C14M though only 2 of the 4 sticks but it is running stable at 14-16-16-36 @3200

Tyrael 03-22-2017 03:21 PM

is it for a m2. ssd a problem in terms of heat that the port is directly under the gpu?

easyXmode 03-22-2017 03:43 PM

Just ordered mine, newegg has stock right now so hopefully i'll be getting it before the weekend with 2 day shipping.

aberrero 03-22-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post

is it for a m2. ssd a problem in terms of heat that the port is directly under the gpu?

No. My SSD maxes out at 65C as a result of the GPU (without stressing the SSD itself). This is fine, as the fan from the GPU will prevent it from reaching insanely high temperatures by cooling it with exhaust air.

LBear 03-22-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyXmode View Post

Just ordered mine, newegg has stock right now so hopefully i'll be getting it before the weekend with 2 day shipping.

Was able to snag one off newegg as well. Wish i could had bumped up the shipping but was just rushing to put the order was afraid of them selling out.

AuraNova 03-22-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post

Was able to snag one off newegg as well. Wish i could had bumped up the shipping but was just rushing to put the order was afraid of them selling out.

Which board are you referring to? I don't see any 5 or K7 in stock, unless either have appeared for a literal minute.

madweazl 03-22-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Lucky bastard! I've been searching multiple times a day and have the reminder set on Newegg but havent had any luck at all.

LBear 03-22-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

Which board are you referring to? I don't see any 5 or K7 in stock, unless either have appeared for a literal minute.

Was the K7

AuraNova 03-22-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Was the K7
Then it must have been a literal minute. lol That page has been on "auto-notify" for a long time for me. I can't tell you how many times I refresh that page.

LBear 03-22-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post

Lucky bastard! I've been searching multiple times a day and have the reminder set on Newegg but havent had any luck at all.

I got lucky seriously. At work and checked newegg stock before i took my 15 min break was out of stock. Came back and refresh page and it was in stock. As soon as i placed my order and refresh page it was out of stock. At this point i didnt think order went though or someone beat me the last one but after 10 mins it stated "packing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

Then it must have been a literal minute. lol That page has been on "auto-notify" for a long time for me. I can't tell you how many times I refresh that page.

I also have "auto-notify" on for the K7 and got no notification

AuraNova 03-22-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

I got lucky seriously. At work and checked newegg stock before i took my 15 min break was out of stock. Came back and refresh page and it was in stock. As soon as i placed my order and refresh page it was out of stock. At this point i didnt think order went though or someone beat me the last one but after 10 mins it stated "packing"
Then you probably got someone's re-stock. They stocked it put it back up at the right moment, I guess. You happened to have had perfect timing.
Quote:

I also have "auto-notify" on for the K7 and got no notification
I'm familiar with the inaccuracies of their auto-notify system, which is why I don't even bother with it. I just refresh the webpage.

easyXmode 03-22-2017 07:37 PM

Boards have been coming in but auto notify hasnt been going off probably due to the very limited quantities. In the past week both the msi xpower and asus crosshair have been on sale and gone within 2 hours. All boards including the k7 have gone up for sale around 2-3PM PST. Best of luck trying to snipe one.

colorfuel 03-23-2017 01:06 AM

I ordered a K7 on mindfactory.de. They expect it on the 31st. But that doesnt mean anything, really.

Y0shi 03-23-2017 01:13 AM

I'll get mine today, ordered from computeruniverse.net. Let's see if it can replace my PRIME X370-PRO which got borked somehow a few days ago...

mus1mus 03-23-2017 06:31 AM

For Gigabyte users suffering BIOS resets after a failed/crash/black screen inside Windows, to prevent resetting the BIOS, Hold the Power Button to shut down the Board > Press Power button again to return to previous state. Reset Button will automatically bring you to a BIOS Reset Prompt as well as turning Off the PSU.. thumb.gif

GalaxyDrifter 03-24-2017 10:33 AM

Sorry guys. I know I started this thread after I ordered a K7. I did receive my K7 a few days ago, but I never opened it.

Just before it was delivered, I got notice that my day one pre-order from Amazon for a Crosshair 6 Hero was finally shipping. I now have both and while it was a tough decision (different things I like about each of them), I have decided to keep the C6H, and just got an RMA to return the K7 to Newegg.

It was very stressful after waiting so long for a motherboard (all other parts I have had > 3 weeks) to have a new one sitting here in a box, but I resisted so I could still get a full refund from Newegg.

I kind of wish I could keep both, but I spent way too much on other things like large and fast ssd's and cooling/case solutions.

I wish you all the best of luck with your K7.

easyXmode 03-24-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Sorry guys. I know I started this thread after I ordered a K7. I did receive my K7 a few days ago, but I never opened it.

Just before it was delivered, I got notice that my day one pre-order from Amazon for a Crosshair 6 Hero was finally shipping. I now have both and while it was a tough decision (different things I like about each of them), I have decided to keep the C6H, and just got an RMA to return the K7 to Newegg.

It was very stressful after waiting so long for a motherboard (all other parts I have had > 3 weeks) to have a new one sitting here in a box, but I resisted so I could still get a full refund from Newegg.

I kind of wish I could keep both, but I spent way too much on other things like large and fast ssd's and cooling/case solutions.

I wish you all the best of luck with your K7.

GalaxyDrifter 03-24-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

lol. You are right, I am a traitor. What can I say?

I think ultimately I went with the C6H because I had invested in a 960 Pro M.2 and did not like being forced to mount it under a space heater.

The 960 can run hot enough on its own and will throttle down when heated. On the C6H, the SSD mounts out in the open will lots of air flow, both above and below it. (It mounts higher off the mb than others I have seen)

fastpcman12 03-24-2017 06:54 PM

how are you guys controlling your motherboard fans? When I open SIV, fan control is disabled.

In bios, it's set to normal.

Euskafreez 03-26-2017 03:15 AM

Quote:

I think ultimately I went with the C6H because I had invested in a 960 Pro M.2 and did not like being forced to mount it under a space heater.

The 960 can run hot enough on its own and will throttle down when heated. On the C6H, the SSD mounts out in the open will lots of air flow, both above and below it. (It mounts higher off the mb than others I have seen)

I don't know about the pro, but I have a 250GB 960 evo and it idles at 26°C. With a 25°C of temperature in my case and 20°C in the room. 39°C being the highest temperature while stressing my gpu and doing some crystalmark.

I'd say the NVMe location is a non issue. Even the opposite since the windforce3 cooler on my GPU blows some air around the ssd. But if your GPU has a some sort of blower type cooler ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpcman12 View Post

how are you guys controlling your motherboard fans? When I open SIV, fan control is disabled.

In bios, it's set to normal.

I've created a custom profile for each fan in the bios. Thus SIV software works well on my AX370 Gaming 5.

Speaking of Gaming 5, don't you think we should merge the K7 thread with the AX370 Gaming 5? At the exception of a chip allowing blck overclock, they are the exact same thing. More than 400 pages for the CH6 and very little for our gigabytes.

mus1mus 03-26-2017 06:43 AM

This can be transformed into an owners' thread. Just need the op to ask a mod so he can turn this over to a willing member.

BuZADAM 03-26-2017 06:58 AM

any one using gaming k7 in this thread ? if yes , can add some pictures. my local pc store easy to find msi x370 titanium and asus x370 hero .

but still has no gigabyte gaming k7 . gigabyte doesnt ready ryzen.

mus1mus 03-26-2017 07:00 AM

Whut?

Gigabytes are rare in other parts of the world but there's a lot in Asia.

BuZADAM 03-26-2017 07:02 AM

ı am not live in asia country. gigabyte poor bios desing when compared with msi or asus.

BuZADAM 03-26-2017 07:13 AM

some bios settings are missing in gigabyte bios at m.i.t gigabyte only have cpu llc options while msi ( digitall menu ) and asus ( tweak paradise menu , custom p-state setting ). gigabyte seems not good enough for overclock. vrm heatsink small and no heat pipe. if vrm cooling not good , start throttling and fps drop issue.

Euskafreez 03-26-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZADAM View Post

ı am not live in asia country. gigabyte poor bios desing when compared with msi or asus.

Well Turkey is in Asia technically so ... biggrin.gif

No problem to find a Gigabyte in Europe. And as of now, the AX370 Gaming 5 still makes the best out of 3200Mhz CL14 memory kit. The Gigabyte UEFI ain't that great I'll give you that but I couldn't care less. Mine works out of the box and I got my memory kit running at 3200MHz in a flick of a switch.

On paper the X370 from Gigabyte are not on par with the C6H when it comes to VRM. But does it change a thing with Ryzen in its actual form? In my opinion it doesn't since they all max out around 4.1-4.2Ghz. Both Asus and Gigabyte make great cards and have great functionalities.

I bought the Gigabyte because it has a HDMI port. I plan to use this board with an AM4 APU in a distant future. And if rumors are true, Apple could use Ryzen in of its computer. Making it the ideal candidate for a hackintosh. And Gigabyte have always been the best hackintosh boards by a long shot.

So no, there is not a "better board" so to speak. Finding the one you need is up to you.

BuZADAM 03-26-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskafreez View Post

Well Turkey is in Asia technically so ... biggrin.gif

No problem to find a Gigabyte in Europe. And as of now, the AX370 Gaming 5 still makes the best out of 3200Mhz CL14 memory kit. The Gigabyte UEFI ain't that great I'll give you that but I couldn't care less. Mine works out of the box and I got my memory kit running at 3200MHz in a flick of a switch.

On paper the X370 from Gigabyte are not on par with the C6H when it comes to VRM. But does it change a thing with Ryzen in its actual form? In my opinion it doesn't since they all max out around 4.1-4.2Ghz. Both Asus and Gigabyte make great cards and have great functionalities.

I bought the Gigabyte because it has a HDMI port. I plan to use this board with an AM4 APU in a distant future. And if rumors are true, Apple could use Ryzen in of its computer. Making it the ideal candidate for a hackintosh. And Gigabyte have always been the best hackintosh boards by a long shot.

So no, there is not a "better board" so to speak. Finding the one you need is up to you.

ı always use gigabyte mb since 2001. but now it is time to change mb brand. because when ı compare 3 mb maker models ,most poor desing gigabyte k7. for example ,can you tell me why gigabyte use u.2 ? any one have u.2 ssd ? look at asrock mb 10 sata port , asus has no u.2 port. why _? because it not nesssary. ı dont like asus mb , because their pcb too flex. gigabyte always my first choice but this time not.

Sev501 03-26-2017 10:24 AM

Just leaving this here.. Still waiting for my Noctua package for the mounting kit. biggrin.gif

Sev501 03-26-2017 02:31 PM

Sigh , checking on other gigabyte AM4 boards the K7 gets the least BIOS updates, the gaming 5 has atleast 3 BIOS updates so far. Aleast the gaming 5 stated that f5d added "DDR Compatibility" to it.

Hopefully the K7 variants would get some BIOS love as well, the f3b BIOS on the site just states something for license activation and states Beta BIOS.

WilltheMagicAsian 03-26-2017 05:22 PM

Waiting for some updates too, hopefully one that lets you push 3600Mhz on RAM, 3400 requires 106 bclk and that's like the limit for PCI-E Gen3.

mus1mus 03-26-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilltheMagicAsian View Post

Waiting for some updates too, hopefully one that lets you push 3600Mhz on RAM, 3400 requires 106 bclk and that's like the limit for PCI-E Gen3.

SATA devices limits the current BCLK range.

107.3 is the max I would go at the moment. 107.4 is buggy. 107.5 may not boot into Windows.

107.3 doesn't limit my PCIe 3.0 Bandwidth yet.

Sev501 03-26-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

SATA devices limits the current BCLK range.

107.3 is the max I would go at the moment. 107.4 is buggy. 107.5 may not boot into Windows.

107.3 doesn't limit my PCIe 3.0 Bandwidth yet.

Nice info!! Ugh darn it... Please mail man bring me something so I can also contribute! biggrin.gif

Y0shi 03-26-2017 10:26 PM

I tried to get the K7 working over the weekend. This has more or less been no that successful. Cold boot doesn't work, reboot from windows doesn't work. Gets stuck at Code 00 or 05 ??? Had some issues with my Corsair 3200 MHz, didn't work with two modules at first, but that could be sorted out. 3200 MHz don't work at all, 2933 MHz are stable IF the board boots.

I'm not sure what I should try to resolve the boot issues. Right now I switched back to my ASUS PRIME and I think I'll return the GA. But any advices are welcome here. Maybe I can get that working. All in all I'm a bit disappointed. frown.gif

mus1mus 03-26-2017 10:33 PM

Can't pull the Volts lower so i just pushed the CPU Clocks a bit maintaining 1.15V

colorfuel 03-27-2017 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0shi View Post

I tried to get the K7 working over the weekend. This has more or less been no that successful. Cold boot doesn't work, reboot from windows doesn't work. Gets stuck at Code 00 or 05 ??? Had some issues with my Corsair 3200 MHz, didn't work with two modules at first, but that could be sorted out. 3200 MHz don't work at all, 2933 MHz are stable IF the board boots.

I'm not sure what I should try to resolve the boot issues. Right now I switched back to my ASUS PRIME and I think I'll return the GA. But any advices are welcome here. Maybe I can get that working. All in all I'm a bit disappointed. frown.gif

I specifically ordered this board because the ASUS Prime seemed to have alot of issues.

It seems to me, that none of the X370 boards out at the moment are completely issue-free atm. I'm now considering getting the ASROCK taichi instead, but that one doesnt have alot of coverage in any of the forums I visit.

What a mess this is with these motherboards.

Zhuni 03-27-2017 02:24 AM

Quote:

Having run it in both positions it makes only a few degrees difference. It's totally negligible. .

I had far too many issues with the ch6 so mine got returned although hopefully that gets ironed out.

Scottland 03-27-2017 06:57 AM

Does anyone know which fan headers are higher ampage, and which ones are true PWM not just 4 pin?

Euskafreez 03-27-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottland View Post

Does anyone know which fan headers are higher ampage, and which ones are true PWM not just 4 pin?
No idea about the amperage but I plugged 7 PWM fans and they all behave like PWMs. I suppose that the one labeled "pump" has a higher amperage than the others.

mus1mus 03-27-2017 07:54 AM

Demn F2 bios.

I was stressing the system when updates came up and prompted me to reboot my system at 3.9/1.3V stable. Rebooted for the updates. 168 of them. Greeted by a "no boot devuce detected".

Cleared CMOS, reapply my settings, RAID was gone, drives not detected.

Cleared CMOS again, apply bios defaults, SATA set to RAID again, boot into Windows properly with all the updates successfully applied.

Reboot and reapplied my stable settings > instant reboot to BIOS when stressed! WTH!

Turned off the system, pulled the battery, CMOS cleared. Reapplied my settings, q-code 0E!

Well, I pulled the battery again and will let it sit overnight! We'll see her fresh next day. lol

Scottland 03-27-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskafreez View Post

I suppose that the one labeled "pump" has a higher amperage than the others.

Yeah, I assumed that too but was hoping there might be confirmation somewhere as the manual doesn't state it as far as I can see biggrin.gif

Socko1965 03-27-2017 12:19 PM

Has anyone seen this board in the U.K.? This is the only place with a due date. frown.gif

Socko1965 03-27-2017 12:30 PM

I might just give up on Ryzen. Maybe wait for Zen+.

Scottland 03-27-2017 02:25 PM

I got a K7 from BT Shop/Dabs a couple of weeks ago. Was order on request when i ordered it, took about 10 days to come.

WilltheMagicAsian 03-27-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0shi View Post

did you set the SOC voltage to 1.2v? I would crash booting into Windows @ 3200 until I changed it from the 1.1v default.

GalaxyDrifter 03-27-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuni View Post

Having run it in both positions it makes only a few degrees difference. It's totally negligible. .

I had far too many issues with the ch6 so mine got returned although hopefully that gets ironed out.
I did not get a chance to try the K7 because Newegg will only give full refund if it is unopened, so I sent it back that way.

I have had very good luck with my C6H. Using the 1002 BIOS, I set my CPU to 40x @ 1.375 core volts. CPU SOC 1.1

I purchased the g.skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZKO TridentZ and do manual settings for 3200 @ 1.35v. Used the memory rated timings of cl 14-14-14-34 1T.

Every booted and ran fine. First ran the cpu-z stress for about 20 mins with no crashes. Then ran prime95 for about 2 hours without problems, but temps were getting a little high.

I tried lowering volts on cpu, but then was first sign of not being stable.

I wanted to run cooler and lower power, so I settled on 3.875GHz using 1.2 core volts and memory still at 3200 cas 14. Everything is stable and I am happy.

I do wish I could have tried the K7 though, as I still think it is a fine board. I do wish everyone the best of luck.

WhiteCrane 03-27-2017 03:05 PM

I miss my K7 Athlon frown.gif

Sev501 03-27-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Demn F2 bios.

I was stressing the system when updates came up and prompted me to reboot my system at 3.9/1.3V stable. Rebooted for the updates. 168 of them. Greeted by a "no boot devuce detected".

Cleared CMOS, reapply my settings, RAID was gone, drives not detected.

Cleared CMOS again, apply bios defaults, SATA set to RAID again, boot into Windows properly with all the updates successfully applied.

Reboot and reapplied my stable settings > instant reboot to BIOS when stressed! WTH!

Turned off the system, pulled the battery, CMOS cleared. Reapplied my settings, q-code 0E!

Well, I pulled the battery again and will let it sit overnight! We'll see her fresh next day. lol

Darn that sucks. Have you tried the f3 bios on the support page for k7?

mus1mus 03-27-2017 05:54 PM

Yuh. biggrin.gif

Alwrath 03-27-2017 07:53 PM

I must be one of the lucky ones. My friend got a Gigabyte gaming 5, heard a snap, crackle, and a hiss. Audio on his motherboard was messed up. Had to RMA it for another one. My brother got the K7, and on the 4th day it would not boot up. Completely dead. He RMA'd it.

My K7 on the other hand is perfect. No issues. Stock cooler for 1700, 100% fan speed, 3.9 ghz 1.34 V, Gskill Flare X 2933 ram 12-12-12-33-1T 1.37 V, gaming on Ryzen has been amazing so far. biggrin.gif

Sev501 03-27-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Yuh. biggrin.gif

Did you find anything new? The change log on the site doesn't give much info on the f3 bios hehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwrath View Post

I must be one of the lucky ones. My friend got a Gigabyte gaming 5, heard a snap, crackle, and a hiss. Audio on his motherboard was messed up. Had to RMA it for another one. My brother got the K7, and on the 4th day it would not boot up. Completely dead. He RMA'd it.

My K7 on the other hand is perfect. No issues. Stock cooler for 1700, 100% fan speed, 3.9 ghz 1.34 V, Gskill Flare X 2933 ram 12-12-12-33-1T 1.37 V, gaming on Ryzen has been amazing so far. biggrin.gif

Wow you got lucky! biggrin.gif am now really anxious and impatient to get my system up and running.. Damn it!

Sev501 03-27-2017 11:35 PM

A review is out! Made by Salazar Studio

https://youtu.be/tr5Ir0izysY

Socko1965 03-28-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

A review is out! Made by Salazar Studio

https://youtu.be/tr5Ir0izysY

Thanks, been looking for a review for this board. Rep+

colorfuel 03-28-2017 04:36 AM

Is there any difference in build quality between this and the Gaming 5?

I've just preorderd the Gaming 5 for 206€, which seems like a pretty nice deal to me. And I think I can pass on the bclk chip, if that is effectively the only difference.

Now I have both on preorder the Gaming K7 for 250€ and the Gaming 5 for 206€.

mus1mus 03-28-2017 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfuel View Post

Is there any difference in build quality between this and the Gaming 5?

I've just preorderd the Gaming 5 for 206€, which seems like a pretty nice deal to me. And I think I can pass on the bclk chip, if that is effectively the only difference.

Now I have both on preorder the Gaming K7 for 250€ and the Gaming 5 for 206€.

I have the G5 before this K7 and I can say, they're pretty much identical BCLK chip aside.

You will not regret that board. Especially with a 3200 capable SS RAM thumb.gif

colorfuel 03-28-2017 04:48 AM

Thanks.

I'm still deciding whether to buy 3200/CL14 or 3600/CL16.

On the Gaming 5, you'd need a bios update for the 3600Mhz to become available, while on the K7, you can try to achieve it with bclk adjustements? Is that right?

Would you make the bet on the Gaming 5 bios ever to allow more than 3200Mhz Ram?

(I know its not that important, but if I'm going to keep this board for 4 years, I may aswell invest in the future now)

mus1mus 03-28-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfuel View Post

Thanks.

I'm still deciding whether to buy 3200/CL14 or 3600/CL16.

On the Gaming 5, you'd need a bios update for the 3600Mhz to become available, while on the K7, you can try to achieve it with bclk adjustements? Is that right?

Would you make the bet on the Gaming 5 bios ever to allow more than 3200Mhz Ram?

(I know its not that important, but if I'm going to keep this board for 4 years, I may aswell invest in the future now)

3200C14 2*8GB to avoid the headaches.
You can't reach 3600 on thje K7. At least for now.
If 3600 will be offered in the future, BIOS will help.

I won't bet. It's still up in the air at the moment.

colorfuel 03-28-2017 04:58 AM

That seems reasonable.

I'll just order some G.Skill Flare-X 3200/CL14 16GB kit, with a little luck I can OC them in the future.

I just have a feeling of beeing ripped off, since there are G.Skill Ripjaws available with the same specs, but lower price. rolleyes.gif

mus1mus 03-28-2017 05:02 AM

Just make sure the Ripjawz has the same timings and same Single Sided spec. They should be B-Die.

madweazl 03-28-2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

3200C14 2*8GB to avoid the headaches.
You can't reach 3600 on thje K7. At least for now.
If 3600 will be offered in the future, BIOS will help.

I won't bet. It's still up in the air at the moment.

The K7 has native OC support for 3600 RAM; what is your comment based on?

mus1mus 03-28-2017 06:01 AM

BCLK Clock gen is still linked to the SATA Devices and stuff that prevent the BCLK Range going further. As of now, the limit is within 107.7ish. Not even enough to reach 3466MHz RAM so that is kinda shady Marketing shiz.

Who knows if they will untie those devices from BCLK. But I was able to tell that issue to a fellow member who has connections to Giga,. We'll have to see.

THUMPer1 03-28-2017 06:16 AM

If only I could find one in the US to buy...

Oceaon 03-28-2017 06:18 AM

I am personally buying the Gskill 3600 CL16 as its only $10 more than the 3200. I don't care if it doesn't run at 3600. It will at least run 3200 at CL14.

madweazl 03-28-2017 06:25 AM

Quote:

BCLK Clock gen is still linked to the SATA Devices and stuff that prevent the BCLK Range going further. As of now, the limit is within 107.7ish. Not even enough to reach 3466MHz RAM so that is kinda shady Marketing shiz.

Who knows if they will untie those devices from BCLK. But I was able to tell that issue to a fellow member who has connections to Giga,. We'll have to see.

And if you have no SATA devices? I didnt think you needed the BCLK for 3600 though?

mus1mus 03-28-2017 06:31 AM

Only goes up to 3200. thumb.gif

I haven't tested it without using a SATA device but, even in the BIOS, freeze happen past 107.5.

mus1mus 03-28-2017 07:30 AM

LBear 03-28-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Did you have to increase voltage or still at 1.35v with those timings?

mus1mus 03-28-2017 07:41 AM

1.45V 24/7

See my sig.

Lithoss 03-28-2017 08:26 AM

Noob question here: I have G.Skill ripjaws V 2800mhz 16-16-16-36 (F4-2800C16D-16GVG), but can't seem to get my K7 to post with anything above 2133mhz.. even with timings as relaxed as 20-20-20-40. I know this isn't optimal RAM for X370 (it was from an older system), but shouldn't it at least be able to post at 2666mhz?? I bumped the voltage up to 1.35 and still no dice. Am I missing something obvious?

LBear 03-28-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post

Noob question here: I have G.Skill ripjaws V 2800mhz 16-16-16-36 (F4-2800C16D-16GVG), but can't seem to get my K7 to post with anything above 2133mhz.. even with timings as relaxed as 20-20-20-40. I know this isn't optimal RAM for X370 (it was from an older system), but shouldn't it at least be able to post at 2666mhz?? I bumped the voltage up to 1.35 and still no dice. Am I missing something obvious?

Try bumping up the Vcore SOC voltage. I was having the same issue til i up voltage.

OnSync 03-28-2017 03:15 PM

Isn't K7 and Gaming 5 exact same boards, except K7 is almost complete black and has a "was it = Turbo Boost / basically auto OC" feature and costs more.

Euskafreez 03-28-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSync View Post

Isn't K7 and Gaming 5 exact same boards, except K7 is almost complete black and has a "was it = Turbo Boost / basically auto OC" feature and costs more.

The only difference is that the K7 gives you the ability to tune blck speed to your own convenience, thanks to a chip. Though I don't know if I have the auto oc or not on the gaming 5. I couldn't care less about that.

What I can would recommend is to use 3200CL14 8GB single rank memory sticks. Very pleased by how well my gaming 5 handles the load I'm throwing at it. Rather it's heavy workload or games it does it well without a single crash for now.

OnSync 03-28-2017 03:44 PM

Well I'm still kinda between of getting my Ryzen game on.
Not sure if I should go with ROG Hero, Gaming 5 or K7. Gigabyte shows it supports higher than 3,2GHz rams which is good for Ryzen CPU. But if you say Gaming 5 does not give you the ability to up the BCLK, then it must be K7 (if that's what you ment).

Otherwise atm I'm on either ROG or G5 with G.Skill FlareX 16GB 3,2 RAM's.

Anbother q: How is Ryzen performing atm concidering that it's not in it's optimized state with all these mobo issues and what not. How is gaming (FPS) and general productivity?

Lithoss 03-28-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Try bumping up the Vcore SOC voltage. I was having the same issue til i up voltage.

Welp.. Pushed it up to 1.3v and it still won't post. Think it could be a bad board? Or just bad memory?

mus1mus 03-28-2017 06:13 PM

The K7 can't do BCLK past 107.5 at the moment. Crosshair can do mre than that.

The K7 doesn't need the BCLK to do 3200. CH6 can't on 100 BCLK.

sflittle 03-28-2017 07:45 PM

What temperatures are you guys seeing on your vrm's?
While running a short stress test (around 45 min) my vrm's hit 98c. Is this a safe running temperature to run at for the vrms?

My overclock at the time was CPU at 3.75 Ghz, 1.32 vcore, 1.00 vSOC, and 1.05 BCLK.
Ram was set to 3200 Mhz with 1.35v.

GalaxyDrifter 03-28-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

The K7 can't do BCLK past 107.5 at the moment. Crosshair can do mre than that.

The K7 doesn't need the BCLK to do 3200. CH6 can't on 100 BCLK.
Sorry, but your information is false. My C6H, is using TridentZ 3200 Cas 14 using stock 100 BCLK and 1.35 volts.

mus1mus 03-28-2017 08:43 PM

Which BIOS?

GalaxyDrifter 03-28-2017 08:48 PM

*Not sure if it matters, but I flashed 1002 before changing anything in the bios.