Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Freebies (https://www.overclock.net/forum/326-freebies/)
-   -   [ENDED] Cross Country Rockit Delid Tool Extravaganza (https://www.overclock.net/forum/326-freebies/1627022-ended-cross-country-rockit-delid-tool-extravaganza.html)

wholeeo 04-01-2017 03:06 PM

[ENDED] Cross Country Rockit Delid Tool Extravaganza

So since I don't plan on delidding anything for a while and feel sorry for all those overheating Kaby's with hampered performance due to Intel's pigeon poop paste I want to give people the opportunity to pop the top off their CPU's with no casualties. So this is how it works. I will ship the tool out to the first person on the list and afterwards each person will be responsible for sending it to the next person. The last person on the list will be responsible for sending it back to me. I'll also be including the RTV silcone in case you choose to relid. Be advised that this tool can also be used to delid Ivy, Haswell, Devil's Canyon, and Skylake. Please be advised that I am only including the relidder tool for the 1150/1151 sockets. 1155's utilize a different tool for relidding.

Requirements
  • Minimum Rep: 35
  • Member for at least a year
  • US48 Only
I will leave this open to 20 members. Once the queue is filled I'll ship it out to the first person on the list.

Members should use the tool and have it shipped to the next person by two to three days of receiving it. Please send me a PM once you ship it to the next person so that I can track progress. Also, as I am doing this as a favor to the community, I expect to receive the tool back in the same condition it initially went out in (perfect condition and no missing parts!). If there's anything missing when you receive it please let me know ASAP.

Rockit's Queue List

1. lynxxyarly (delid complete!)
  2. WannaBeOCer (delid complete!)
  3. Dermen (delid complete!)
  4. Ceadderman (delid complete!)
  5. Dimensive (delid complete!)
  6. bfe_vern (delid complete!)
  7. RuneDunes (delid complete!)
  8. Inelastic (delid complete!)
  9. b0oMeR (delid complete!)
  10. cdnGhost (delid complete!)
  11. wholeeo (delid complete!)
  12. OldChicken (delid complete!)
  13. stephenn82 (delid complete!)
  14. DesertRat (delid complete!)
  15. Iceman2733 (delid complete!)
  16. Ceadderman
  17. Nintendo Maniac 64
Lord Xeb's 1155 Socket Rockit's Queue List

stephenn82's Rockit's Queue List
  1. killerhz
  2. KuufA
wholeeo's Rockit Tools Journey

https://www.overclock.net/content/typ.../1000/flags/LL
https://www.overclock.net/content/typ.../1000/flags/LL

Blessed be them overclocks.

Rockit's Cross Country Journey so Far Part 1!
Rockit's Cross Country Journey so Far Part 2!

form2function 04-01-2017 03:20 PM

I haven't jumped on the Kaby bandwagon yet so I'm not looking to get on the list, but I just wanted to applaud this idea. I'm forever humbled by the members of this community and the spirit of assistance and contribution.

Keep being amazing!

jameyscott 04-02-2017 07:16 PM

Oh heck yes I'm in! The upgrade bug bit me and I have a multitude of CPUs to use this on (g3258s, 4790k, and now a 7700k)

Edit: just re-read. I don't plan on using it right away so probably best I'm not first to get it. tongue.gif

wholeeo 04-02-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Oh heck yes I'm in! The upgrade bug bit me and I have a multitude of CPUs to use this on (g3258s, 4790k, and now a 7700k)

Edit: just re-read. I don't plan on using it right away so probably best I'm not first to get it. tongue.gif

Added.thumb.gif

Dimensive 04-03-2017 07:03 AM

This will work on Haswell/DC correct?

wholeeo 04-03-2017 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensive View Post

This will work on Haswell/DC correct?

Yup.

jameyscott 04-04-2017 08:04 AM

Please take me off the list... I ended up buying one with the promise to my wife that I'd sell most of all my old hardware worriedsmiley.gif

lynxxyarly 04-04-2017 07:13 PM

If there's room, id love to be added to the list. Was just thinking of popping my 3770k open! Any specific thermal paste recommended to put under the lid?

Edit: Should have just had you bundle it in with our recent sale. smile.gif

wholeeo 04-04-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxxyarly View Post

If there's room, id love to be added to the list. Was just thinking of popping my 3770k open! Any specific thermal paste recommended to put under the lid?

Edit: Should have just had you bundle it in with our recent sale. smile.gif

Thermal Grizzly Condoctonaut or Cool Laboratories Liquid Pro or Ultra. thumb.gif I'll add you to the list.

Since there's not many entrants (none but you lol) I might just ship it out sooner than expected.

WannaBeOCer 04-04-2017 07:29 PM

I've always wanted to pop my 6700k lid off. I did the vice method on my 3770K but I know 6700k is to thin to handle a hammer. Please add me!