Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net BOINC Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/)
-   -   Projects of the Month for April 2017 (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/1627073-projects-month-april-2017-a.html)

bfromcolo 04-02-2017 10:49 AM

Looks like Einstein's turn in the GPU rotation.  We lost 6 spots in CSG since we ran it in September.  And I noticed a new project that none of us have run it would appear.

[email protected]

Start: 28  Goal: 27

http://csgrid.org/csg/

Start: 17  Goal: 16

[email protected]

Start: 0  Goal: 1

A little info on [email protected]:

First experiment
The first experiment was launched. In this experiment, we will solve sound speed profile estimation in underwater acoustics. In particular, the data from Japan sea will be used. Here the sound speed of 1 water layer (close to the surface) is known, and we need to find the values of sound speed for other 4 water layers and also for the distance between the source and the reciever of a signal. Recently only application version for Linux was added. The version for Windows is coming soon.

Also there are 2 Formula Boinc sprints in April, so stay tuned.

04/06/2017 16:00 (UTC) - 04/09/2017 15:59 (UTC)
Project to be determined

04/27/2017 21:00 (UTC) - 04/30/2017 20:59 (UTC)
Project to be determined

As always let me know if you have any issues or preferences for the POM projects.

mmonnin 04-02-2017 11:05 AM

The new CSG apps seem to just be duplicates of each other. Exact was copied to Exact 2 then split into different names with separate memory requirements. I ran a few tasks to get a couple of hours.

Can't even sign up at Acoustics. One of those projects that doesn't like legit email addresses. Tried Chrome, FF, BM and Boinctasks.

bfromcolo 04-02-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

The new CSG apps seem to just be duplicates of each other. Exact was copied to Exact 2 then split into different names with separate memory requirements. I ran a few tasks to get a couple of hours.

Can't even sign up at Acoustics. One of those projects that doesn't like legit email addresses. Tried Chrome, FF, BM and Boinctasks.

I didn't have any problem joining Acoustics from BOINC manager.

mmonnin 04-02-2017 12:23 PM

I tried it again in BOINCTasks without the proxy on and it created the account. Its not attaching though. It took awhile to attach and get a WU but finally did.

WhiteWulfe 04-02-2017 07:05 PM

Oooooh, neat, an acoustics project. I'm so signed up for this!

I'd be running [email protected] as well, but I'm currently CPU only, and might be that way for a while.

fragamemnon 04-03-2017 11:58 PM

Acoustics attached on 2 out of my 3 computers without issue. The last one needed several extra attempts and I eventually reset it.

Finrond 04-04-2017 09:09 AM

I love it when the GPU POTM is one that I just happen to be running pretty hard at the time anyway!

WhiteWulfe 04-04-2017 12:44 PM

I won't lie.. M I kinda miss running [email protected] already. Hubby would kill me if I heated up the living room a ton again though...

tictoc 04-04-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

I won't lie.. M I kinda miss running [email protected] already. Hubby would kill me if I heated up the living room a ton again though...

You could run a single task, undervolt and underclock the card, and carry on with your Einstein crunching. :ninja:

Finrond 04-04-2017 06:12 PM

Stealth Crunch.