Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net BOINC Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/)
-   -   8th BOINC Pentathlon - Swimming ([email protected]) Project Support (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/1627903-8th-boinc-pentathlon-swimming-lhc-home-project-support.html)

tictoc 05-07-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKor View Post

I configured for all tasks, but I get the "VirtualBox is not installed" in event log. Networking is on. Or am I missing something?

Did you resart BOINC after installing VirtualBox and the Extension Pack?

What version of BOINC, and what version of VirtualBox, do you have installed?

4thKor 05-07-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

Did you resart BOINC after installing VirtualBox and the Extension Pack?

What version of BOINC, and what version of VirtualBox, do you have installed?

Running the newest on both. Re-booted and now downloading all kinds of stuff. Still not showing anything in VB, but maybe that will change.

tictoc 05-07-2017 08:33 AM

Grabbed some LHC tasks on my htpc. :wheee: Currently running 2 Six Track tasks and one ATLAS task.  In my [email protected] preferences, I set max CPUs to two.  That setting is only applied to the VBox tasks, so I am able to run one VBox task at 2 CPUS, and two Six Track tasks on my little quad core A10-7700K.  

mmonnin 05-07-2017 08:34 AM

VB just needs to be installed. Thats it. VBox will run in the background, hidden and tasks will process normally.

4thKor 05-07-2017 08:39 AM

Currently running 21 SixPack and three TheorySims. Downloading lots of stuff. I have my work limit set to 5 days. That should be plenty.

bfromcolo 05-07-2017 08:44 AM

Is there a way to bunker the VBox tasks if they require network connectivity?

The 3 sixtrack tasks I downloaded took average 4343 seconds to run on a L5640 in Linux.  Loading this up for a bunker would require 900 tasks if I wanted to dedicate 10 threads to it between now and project start.  Is anyone getting those kinds of downloads?

And assuming I get a bunker what IP(s) need to be blocked?

4thKor 05-07-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfromcolo View Post

The 3 sixtrack tasks I downloaded took average 4343 seconds to run on a L5640 in Linux.  Loading this up for a bunker would require 900 tasks if I wanted to dedicate 10 threads to it between now and project start.  Is anyone getting those kinds of downloads?

I'm still downloading. I went for the whole enchilada with tasks. Have my limit set to 5 days. thumb.gif

Now have four VM tasks. Three TheorySims are suspended to run an Atlas.

Egilman 05-07-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKor View Post

I thought these did require VB. At any rate, I'm running ten at 75% CPU usage and 5 gb RAM usage. Should be able to run more with 24 threads.

It's why I quit running it years ago.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Just the one app does not require vbox, like Cosmo. Lots of memory required here. Atlas is using 9gb and CMS 2.4gb.

Edit: Networking needs to be enabled as well for vbox apps.

Well I'm connected to LHC, won't give me any work telling me I do not have VBox installed. The log claims that all LHC tasks require VBox.....

So I guess I'm going to have to review Cosmo and see if I can get the memory requirements under control.....

YECH!

emoga 05-07-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfromcolo View Post

And assuming I get a bunker what IP(s) need to be blocked?
Code:
127.0.0.1    lhcathomeclassic.cern.ch

Seems to be working

4thKor 05-07-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

It's why I quit running it years ago.....
Well I'm connected to LHC, won't give me any work telling me I do not have VBox installed. The log claims that all LHC tasks require VBox.....

So I guess I'm going to have to review Cosmo and see if I can get the memory requirements under control.....

YECH!

Re-boot.rolleyes.gif