Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   PC reboot automatically when i'm trying to install the driver for STX II into X370 PRO !!! [ HELP ME PLEASE ] (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1632982-pc-reboot-automatically-when-im-trying-install-driver-stx-ii-into-x370-pro-help-me-please.html)

senna89 06-24-2017 10:20 AM

Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... boom !
If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !

NexusRed 06-24-2017 10:40 PM

Fresh install or...?

senna89 06-24-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusRed View Post

Fresh install or...?
What means fresh install ?
i formatted hard drive and reinstall manually all.

senna89 06-28-2017 07:55 AM

anyone ?

senna89 06-29-2017 12:21 AM

Hi
Im tryed another slot PCI.

I plug the card in the last PCI 8x and once started Windows the card was recognized with the correct name and seems run ( with the penultimate PCI-ex 1x instead the card was recognized with a generic name like "multimedia asus audio controller" or similar and install any drivers )

But i dont know what driver is it and there's only that, so ..... no Xonar Control Center to set the card.

I try to launch the setup of the official driver downloaded by the site and do the same thing, PC restart immediately and now dont boot, i must switch off the pc via power button.

What is this ?

AmxdPt 11-06-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

Hi
Im tryed another slot PCI.

I plug the card in the last PCI 8x and once started Windows the card was recognized with the correct name and seems run ( with the penultimate PCI-ex 1x instead the card was recognized with a generic name like "multimedia asus audio controller" or similar and install any drivers )

But i dont know what driver is it and there's only that, so ..... no Xonar Control Center to set the card.

I try to launch the setup of the official driver downloaded by the site and do the same thing, PC restart immediately and now dont boot, i must switch off the pc via power button.

What is this ?

Welcome to the World of the Essence STX II in ryzen.

I have been trying to talk to asus here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94266-URGENT-SUPPORT-REQUIRED-PC-reboot-when-installing-driver-of-ESSENCE-STX-II

With no success on the same issue...

Apparently they decided to give up on me!

iNeri 11-12-2017 03:33 PM

If i remember well, Enable EpR or ErP (i dont remember) on bios in power options solves the issues with detection of sound cards. You could try that.

j4uj4f 02-25-2019 11:59 AM

How to fix Asus Xonar STX II set up driver for windows 10 without reboot Computer

Quote:

Originally Posted by senna89 (Post 26182355)
Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... boom !
If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !

After search on some forums I have found out 2 ways that can fix it, But I test the second way only and it work for my PC

A/_ 1st way

1 - GO to asus support site
2 - Download the last driver for windows 8.1:
- For example STX_8_1_8_1822_Win8_1.rar
3 - extract files and go to "WIN81" folder
4 - looking for "CmSetx.dll" file, and edit with notepad
5 - The configuration file, has 4 lines:

[SETUP]
ATYPE=30
INI_PATH=SoftwareDriver\InI
SupportOS=win81

You need modify like this:

[SETUP]
ATYPE=30
INI_PATH=SoftwareDriver\InI
SupportOS=donotcare
6 - save changes and run with administrator privileges "Setup.exe" of root driver package folder.
( Not test yet )

B/_ 2nd way
Go to Device Manager
Disable ASMedia USB 3.1
Run setup driver as Admin
Wait still it setup successful
It will ask you to restart PC
Choose " No"
Enable ASMedia USB 3.1
Now you can restart your PC

Note : This way is work for me