Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Mice (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/)
-   -   New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1635281-new-ninox-mouse-ninox-astrum-swapable-shells.html)

Br3chtel 07-27-2017 11:15 PM

Good morning from germany smile.gif

I opened FB today and saw something interesting, the Ninox Astrum:

From Ninox:
"Heres a little preview of the Ninox Astrum, showing how it can be configured. There are three main shapes: Alpha (aka Aurora), Beta, and Gamma. They each have optional side parts for no side buttons. The Astrum includes all of the shapes in the box. Let me know what you think! "

The beta shell catched my eye because it looks like a WMO with side-buttons <3 But let's see, the aurora was a little dissapointment, although I like the efforts from Ninox for a community driven mouse.

Update:

Here some more infos I got:

"Thanks smile.gif Sensor is 3360, I don't know the click latency yet, it'll either use the Venator PCB which has 4.5ms click latency, or a modified (more features) version of qsxcv's 3360 firmware, which may have lower latency (not fully tested yet)."

daniel0731ex 07-27-2017 11:58 PM

Ramla777 07-28-2017 01:14 AM

How big is this mouse? Like the size of the Venator?

zZzZzZz 07-28-2017 01:15 AM

Beta:gamma ix and gamma xx are looking good. There is no side buttons for gamma xx frown.gif . I hope that side buttons aren't too far to reach them.

MaTpr0F 07-28-2017 01:39 AM

I hope there will be an improvement on the QC, because the Venator left much to be desired in that area.

popups 07-28-2017 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTpr0F View Post

I hope there will be an improvement on the QC, because the Venator left much to be desired in that area.

That's an ODM product. The new design, if done correctly, will have less issues.

It's true that QC has to be monitored for every batch because Chinese factories will skip on the effort to save money.

granitov 07-28-2017 02:24 AM

I only imagine the amount of work to deliver proper quality with this one. There's cases when a company couldn't fix one shell or design (Razer's new Deathadders shells built worse than 3-3.5G era ones, Roccat's KPOE turned to be a bit worse than KPM while having the same shape, Zowie couln't fix their scroll wheels). Think what it'll take for a small company to prouce 3 proper shells plus attachments.

the1freeMan 07-28-2017 02:55 AM

20-9-11-2 ... ok!

btw make software!

uaokkkkkkkk 07-28-2017 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0731ex View Post

Kingsis Krait > Kingsis Mico

vanir1337 07-28-2017 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla777 View Post

How big is this mouse? Like the size of the Venator?

There are three main shapes: Alpha (aka Aurora)