Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Monitors and Displays (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/)
-   -   I perform better on my 75hz monitor than on my 144hz one (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/1635464-i-perform-better-my-75hz-monitor-than-my-144hz-one.html)

Passante 07-30-2017 03:40 PM

Hi all, recently purchased the AOC G2460PF as an upgrade from a generic 75hz monitor. I was hoping for a slight boost in my overall gaming experience, but instead everything got worst.
I play mainly FPS games and I constantly underperform on the new monitor. In game I feel heavy and slow, the whole game feels delayed. As soon as I switch back to my old monitor suddenly my score and performance returns to the usual level.

Tried both of the drivers available for the monitor without any result.
I feel like I've thrown money out of the window.

TwoCables 07-30-2017 03:58 PM

Are you using FreeSync or V-Sync? I ask because it sounds like high input lag to me and V-Sync is known for having the worst input lag.

Passante 07-30-2017 04:21 PM

Have tried with FreeSync (since I got the rx 460), Vsync on or Off. It always feels delayed. "InputLag" would be more appropriate as a definition I guess.
Also, I tried to run it without driver, still the same.

cskippy 07-30-2017 08:48 PM

Check to see if display scaling is enabled in Nvidia Control Panel. It's under adjust desktop size and position. It should be set to no scaling and let Monitor do the scaling, GPU if Monitor can't be selected.

Also, sometimes with different monitors the Nvidia game settings can change so double check that maximum prerendered frames is set to 1, vsync off in control panel etc.

TwoCables 07-30-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskippy View Post

Check to see if display scaling is enabled in Nvidia Control Panel. It's under adjust desktop size and position. It should be set to no scaling and let Monitor do the scaling, GPU if Monitor can't be selected.

Also, sometimes with different monitors the Nvidia game settings can change so double check that maximum prerendered frames is set to 1, vsync off in control panel etc.

He has an AMD video card.

cskippy 07-30-2017 08:57 PM

All my information is still relevant to check with their drivers.

Passante 07-31-2017 01:12 PM

I have "GPU Scaling" as an option and it is off, in the "Display" tab and in the game specific tab.

Something is terribly wrong here. To give you an example, I was running with a knife chasing a guy, he was with weapon and he outrun me.

At this point I wonder if the GPU is powerful enough for 1080p since my 75hz monitor's native resolution is 1600x900 and games run fast there.

But games such as CS:GO, CS 1.6 shouldn't be any problem for such card.

Pinp0int 07-31-2017 02:52 PM

Do you actually have the monitor running at 144hz? :) Often monitors default to 60hz and with certain cables (such as DVI-I or HDMI) can't go above that.

Passante 07-31-2017 03:39 PM

Yep, it's running at 144hz through a DispalyPort cable.

EastCoast 07-31-2017 03:45 PM

Let me guess at the start of around where ypou are frozen until the counter expires you and 10+ other guys are running and everyone beating you down the road. Correct?