Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Intel Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/)
-   -   Z370 / Z390 VRM Discussion Thread (https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1638955-z370-z390-vrm-discussion-thread.html)

br0da 09-27-2017 03:56 AM

Z370 / Z390 VRM Discussion Thread
 
Socket LGA 1151 - here we go again!
Let's collect and discuss all the info we can gather about the VRMs on boards with Z370 or Z390 PCHs in this thread.

Comments:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaC (Post 26864561)

Attachment 99753

Also updated temp compilation:
Spoiler!

Useful links:

Motherboard list @ videocardz.net

LGA 1151 Mainboard VRM list @ hardwareluxx

Kanashimu 09-28-2017 04:58 AM

The Asrock boards are out too. This is something I'm very interested in as well. I simply want to pick the board with the best OC performance, and I'm pretty stuck between the Taichi, Fatality i7, and the Hero.

Sin0822 09-28-2017 06:59 AM

Yea i was really surprised to find the new Intersil smart power stages int he gaming 7, like damn (they are very expensive)!

br0da 09-28-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

The Asrock boards are out too. This is something I'm very interested in as well. I simply want to pick the board with the best OC performance, and I'm pretty stuck between the Taichi, Fatality i7, and the Hero.

When they were speaking of "DSMs" with 1.2mOhm RDS(on) in the past they were using TI NexFETs CSD87350 so most likely we'll see these FETs on the Z370 boards again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Yea i was really surprised to find the new Intersil smart power stages int he gaming 7, like damn (they are very expensive)!

Yeah I do really appreciate that too. thumb.gif

VRMfreak 09-29-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0da View Post


If that VRM shot is accurate the're using NIKO Sem. FETs again

LGA 1151 Mainboard VRM list @ hardwareluxx
*Smashing my head against the wall*

Kanashimu 09-29-2017 06:49 PM

ASUS boards are out.

Video of the Z370 Apex and Z370 Formula

Sorry for the silly question, but once you know all the VRM parts, how do we know if a board will be a quality overclocker? If I understand correctly, the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 has a high quality power stage controller?

czin125 09-29-2017 08:20 PM

Could you buy that VRM waterblock and remove the Apex heatsink and swap it? From those two boards.

phillyman36 09-30-2017 01:05 AM

Sorry Kanashimu already posted the Asus boards. Didnt see it.

br0da 09-30-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

ASUS boards are out.

Can't find anything interesting in there. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

Sorry for the silly question, but once you know all the VRM parts, how do we know if a board will be a quality overclocker?

There are quite a lot of good indicators. Just check out common guides on this topic, e.g. Sins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimu View Post

If I understand correctly, the Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 has a high quality power stage controller?

Yeah the controller is a high quality one, also the power stages themselves are high quality too.


Fediuld 09-30-2017 01:46 AM

I wonder if the mITX Z370I Strix would push the 8700K at 5Ghz as the Z270I did, and if EK releases a monoblock also.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.