Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Hardware News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/)
-   -   [Guru3D] Asus Announces ProArt PQ22UC 21.6in Ultra HD HDR OLED monitor (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/1645178-guru3d-asus-announces-proart-pq22uc-21-6in-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-monitor.html)

mmms 01-04-2018 07:28 AM

Asus just announced their ProArt PQ22UC, a 21.6" OLED monitor with a massive 3840x2160 pixels resolution, it's HDR compatible as well. The screen is intended as a portable monitor and weighs about one kilogram.

The ASUS ProArt PQ22UC takes no-compromise content editing and creating on the road with a professional-grade 4K OLED boasting HDR support. And you can leave outlets behind with the battery-powered ZenScreen Go MB16AP, which stashes in a laptop bag and hooks up to computers or phones to provide maximum versatility for anyone who travels.

Measuring an expansive 21.6”, the PQ22UC bucks the trend for portable monitors by providing a canvas that almost matches the size of a desktop monitor but is still light enough to carry between client meetings all day. Thanks to its thin-and-light OLED panel, the display weighs in at just 2.2 lbs; that’s less than our premium ZenBook 3 Deluxe ultrabook, making the PQ22UC a great alternative to a hefty portfolio filled with hard copies of your best work.

Source /
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-announces-proart-pq22uc-21-6in-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-monitor.html

The Robot 01-04-2018 07:33 AM

First news about a 88 inch monstrosity and now this. Damn, stop teasing us, bring OLED in proper desktop size already.

hanzy 01-04-2018 08:00 AM

Thats neat. Cool idea. Portable 4k OLED screen.
Personally I find the ZenScreen Go MB16AP to be more intriguing for my personal uses. It would be great for connecting to my NV shield when I travel occasionally. Especially to my grandmothers in Florida. I believe her TV is still 480p.

ToTheSun! 01-04-2018 08:11 AM

So, finally, someone took JOLED's panel and brought it to consumers. If only they started thinking about 21-24'' 4K120...

In any case, I hope they use some "defective" units to make a more budget-oriented model.

Slaughtahouse 01-04-2018 08:12 AM

Would be useful if my laptop could handle the 4K resolution... Sadly, unless you have the latest, high end mobile 10 series GPU's, a 4K display isnt feasible for professional or gaming use on mobile.

The 1080p screen is much more practical for the average user TODAY. I can easily see it being used as a second monitor for increased productivity.

JackCY 01-04-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Robot View Post

First news about a 88 inch monstrosity and now this. Damn, stop teasing us, bring OLED in proper desktop size already.
Exacty. Many of these panels have been around a while, they are made for profi use in movie making etc. but even those often get discontinued and cost insane $.
Laptops have OLED a while now too.

At least 24" OLED Asus... not 21.6" and if it's 4k that's nice but it should do 120-144Hz strobed at least and more at 1080p as much as the DP connection allows, should be 480Hz, again strobed, just imagine OMG 24" 1080p OLED 480Hz strobed... and then for desktop and reading bam 4k 120Hz... I would tap that.
Quote:
The 21.6″ panel packs 204 pixels per inch, which offers plenty of detail for editing large photos that usually have to wait until you get back to the office.
Get back to office and look at the IPS etc. oh yeah, "so good so good". It's like comparing what I see in the OLED viewfinder on my el cheap camera vs IPS monitor. No, just no. They can boast their snail 60Hz PA IPS line all they want.

Zen00 01-04-2018 03:50 PM

21.6" 4K? Can you even see the desktop icons at that small?

JackCY 01-04-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post

Your software doesn't support scaling for different pixel densities?

CallsignVega 01-04-2018 04:13 PM

Oh another actual OLED monitor. Going to have to buy some spectacles for this one.

superstition222 01-04-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post

The point is to have pixel pitch well beyond diminishing returns, so everyone can pretend they have 20/9 vision.