Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net [email protected] Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/)
-   -   POSTPONED - Forum Folding War 2018 (https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/1646143-postponed-forum-folding-war-2018-a.html)

JKuhn 02-21-2018 07:17 AM

I didn't even know about the 2018 FFW until I saw a team thread just now. Due to uncertain circumstances in the forseeable future, I think it might be best if someone else can lead Intel this year (I might move, and I don't know how my connectivity or access to my rig will be at first). But of course if things go well and nobody takes the role before me, then I'll be willing to lead again. Of course this also depends on when the FFW will take place.

How should I summon previous Intel folders so they're aware of this? I know it was easy in the past, but with this VB nonsense nothing is easy.

VS88 03-20-2018 12:14 AM

What happened ti this site? Did it die? What about foldathons? I hear nothing since 2 months.. Or is it just because of the fckd up VB..

CptAsian 03-20-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VS88 (Post 26989921)
What happened ti this site? Did it die? What about foldathons? I hear nothing since 2 months.. Or is it just because of the fckd up VB..

Assuming you mean OCN but "site," no, it's not dead by any means. Activity is lower, but forums are still populated for sure. But this is due to the forum platform migration, yes.

Folding events seem to be temporarily on hold since there's apparently something up with the folding stats site we use for OCN. I don't want to say any details in case I just give out pure misinformation. Perhaps one of the folding editors could give a little more insight.

VS88 03-21-2018 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptAsian (Post 26989929)
Assuming you mean OCN but "site," no, it's not dead by any means. Activity is lower, but forums are still populated for sure. But this is due to the forum platform migration, yes.

Folding events seem to be temporarily on hold since there's apparently something up with the folding stats site we use for OCN. I don't want to say any details in case I just give out pure misinformation. Perhaps one of the folding editors could give a little more insight.

Thank you

gre0481 03-26-2018 07:21 AM

I'm flexing my Machines muscles to see where I'm at. I went from running it on a HTPC, wife's rig, My rig, another server; to nothing for four years :P The new client with webui is kinda neat. I have no idea how this thing will perform.

Ithanul 03-26-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VS88 (Post 26989921)

The forums are a bit less active.

Definitely can tell just by looking at the news section. I would post some news, but the stuff I read touches to close to politics or leads to easily into such discussion.