Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   NVIDIA (https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/)
-   -   [Official]NVIDIA Quadro GV100 owner’s club (https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1680377-official-nvidia-quadro-gv100-ownera-s-club.html)

lutjens 04-05-2018 09:20 AM

[Official]NVIDIA Quadro GV100 owner’s club

1 Attachment(s)
Figured I’d start it off...;)

iamjanco 04-05-2018 10:08 AM

Great, new (albeit expensive) toy--wow :thumb: Can't say I'm not envious :)

I'd like a Quadro myself for my workstation build (I have an older, K2000M in my Lenovo), to output 10 bit color (among other things) when using apps like Photoshop and Premiere. I was thinking more along the lines of a P5000 though, which is somewhat more manageable pricewise.

Let us know what it's like to use it once you get that far :)

Kalm_Traveler 04-05-2018 10:32 AM

If you feel like doing a teardown so I can see how the top of the PCB is populated.... I would really appreciate it! haha :)

PharmingInStyle 04-05-2018 10:39 AM

I don't do any numbers crunching, just gaming in demanding titles like Far Cry 5, Deus Ex MD and so on, and watching 4k videos in my retirement. So if I buy one it'll be mainly just to have a faster card. I have a Titan V in a i7 7700 system and I'll be checking the thread for GV100 tests.

Nice that you're moving forward with your new card so the rest of us can wait for test results, if you choose to do so, before we make a decision to get one.

AlphaC 04-05-2018 10:44 AM

Are you using it for machine learning , raytracing, or some task that can use 32GB HBM2? AFAIK TITAN V has the same CUDA core count but 12GB VRAM , Titan V / Titan xP also seem to be using Quadro drivers.

lutjens 04-05-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalm_Traveler (Post 27099641)
If you feel like doing a teardown so I can see how the top of the PCB is populated.... I would really appreciate it! haha :)

I’m not looking at tearing it apart...would rather not void the warranty on it just yet...;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmingInStyle (Post 27099689)
I don't do any numbers crunching, just gaming in demanding titles like Far Cry 5, Deus Ex MD and so on, and watching 4k videos in my retirement. So if I buy one it'll be mainly just to have a faster card. I have a Titan V in a i7 7700 system and I'll be checking the thread for GV100 tests.

Nice that you're moving forward with your new card so the rest of us can wait for test results, if you choose to do so, before we make a decision to get one.

I bought the card mainly for better 8k performance than my 2x Quadro P6000 SLI setup. I hope it delivers...;) I have dual Dell UP3218K monitors, so I really need the 4x Displayport setup that the Quadros offer (why NVidia continues to install HDMI ports on cards instead of offering DP to HDMI adapters is beyond me). One can easily go from DP to HDMI, but to go from HDMI to DP is very hard.

PharmingInStyle 04-05-2018 11:46 AM

^ I'll need some help from my family to get an 8k system. As for 4k testing with the GV100 I think a few posters will venture forth as the thread gets longer.

Kalm_Traveler 04-05-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutjens (Post 27099793)
I’m not looking at tearing it apart...would rather not void the warranty on it just yet...;)

I bought the card mainly for better 8k performance than my 2x Quadro P6000 SLI setup. I hope it delivers...;) I have dual Dell UP3218K monitors, so I really need the 4x Displayport setup that the Quadros offer (why NVidia continues to install HDMI ports on cards instead of offering DP to HDMI adapters is beyond me). One can easily go from DP to HDMI, but to go from HDMI to DP is very hard.

well shoot... if I can run into $18k to spare soon I'll just have to pick these up... that would negate my project to get NVLink working on the pair of Titan V's currently in the rig, however.

PharmingInStyle 04-05-2018 10:46 PM

Kalm_Traveler can you do any mining on your Titan V x2 rig if it's already being used for other big programs/tasks? Or would you need a separate pc for mining only if you do mining? I don't mean to go off topic too much.

Kalm_Traveler 04-06-2018 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmingInStyle (Post 27103497)
Kalm_Traveler can you do any mining on your Titan V x2 rig if it's already being used for other big programs/tasks? Or would you need a separate pc for mining only if you do mining? I don't mean to go off topic too much.

I mine with it during the day if not doing anything else that needs GPU power. There's a new coin that is sort of backed by my company which I'm stockpiling.

Neither card has reached beyond 37 C with 120% power target, and they're running in parallel after the CPU in the loop. Before water cooling they were hitting double that on a 75% power target