Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net Member Polls (https://www.overclock.net/forum/255-overclock-net-member-polls/)
-   -   Quick Reply Editor or Full Post Editor (https://www.overclock.net/forum/255-overclock-net-member-polls/1682817-quick-reply-editor-full-post-editor.html)

ENTERPRISE 04-11-2018 12:11 PM

Quick Reply Editor or Full Post Editor

Hello all,

After receiving some feedback from users we wanted to set up a poll as to what editor interface you would prefer when submitting a reply to a thread.

Currently we have the ''Quick Reply'' at the bottom of all threads as below:

http://i65.tinypic.com/jq29af.jpg

What has been suggested is that we move to the ''Full Post Reply'' which would look like the below (Obviously more functionality):

http://i68.tinypic.com/262qohf.jpg

Please vote in the Poll to help us decide !

CptAsian 04-11-2018 12:44 PM

I use both, as things stand now. For quick, simply formatted posts like the one I'm making now, the quick reply works just fine, but I definitely use the full editor from time to time. If the full editor was at the bottom of the page instead of having to load a new page and the quick reply functionality was removed entirely (which is what I think you're deciding on), I would have no issues with that whatsoever.

kithylin 04-11-2018 01:38 PM

Linking images via quick reply only works 50% of the time, I always have to use full editor anyway to get my posts to actually work so may as well have it as the primary reply type from the get-go.

I voted for full editor.

lolllll117 04-11-2018 03:00 PM

Full Reply. Otherwise you miss out on functions that used to exist in the editor like Spoilers, text size, and the old emotes :)

iamjanco 04-11-2018 03:28 PM

I find both versions useful. One is good for one- or two-liners; while the other is more suitable to drawn out blather, multi-quotes, etc.

Memmento Mori 04-11-2018 03:32 PM

My vote? - Full editor.... the quick reply is to cut of and in the end you have to use the full editor anyway.... Make the Full editor as default, or give us an option in the settings so everyone can set it up as he wants......:rolleyes:

MM :axesmiley

nvidiaftw12 04-11-2018 03:48 PM

How about true RTE? I loved being able to dynamically resize photos on the fly and a host of other things. But yes, full editor is a step in the right direction.

tpi2007 04-11-2018 05:38 PM

If this was a talent show, the Full Post Editor would get the golden buzzer, with the poll currently at 1-18, in favour of the Full Editor. I don't even see what kind of downside putting the Full Editor in place of the Quick Reply editor would have, in fact I can't see any, only upsides. The simple editor is severely lacking features, so what possible downside could making a proper editor available from the get go have? Even the Full Editor is missing stuff like a strikethrough button, but at least it's got the spoiler button and the lists buttons and the smilies readily available, amongst other useful features, this isn't even a contest really, we need the Full Editor and then some.

Btw, don't forget about the other related suggestions I made in the other thread:

Quote:

Also, since the drag and drop system is so clunky and leaves so much 'residue' behind, once the advanced editor is always enabled, you might as well disable the drag and drop functionality. And the post icons. And to make it even better, make the "Insert Image" button show the exact same window as the "Attachments" button as the functions it contains are a superset of the very limited, URL only ,"Insert Image" button.

We'd have a streamlined and much cleaner, less cluttered looking system by then.

iamjanco 04-11-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpi2007 (Post 27141697)
If this was a talent show, the Full Post Editor would get the golden buzzer, with the poll currently at 1-18, in favour of the Full Editor. I don't even see what kind of downside putting the Full Editor in place of the Quick Reply editor would have, in fact I can't see any, only upsides. The simple editor is severely lacking features, so what possible downside could making a proper editor available from the get go have? Even the Full Editor is missing stuff like a strike through button, but at least it's got the spoiler button and the lists buttons and the smilies readily available, amongst other useful features, this isn't even a contest really, we need the Full Editor and then some.

Btw, don't forget about the other related suggestions I made in the other thread:

While I realize a button would be much easier to use, at least some of the bbcodes for vBulletin do still work on OCN.

tpi2007 04-11-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjanco (Post 27141857)
While I realize a button would be much easier to use, at least some of the bbcodes for vBulletin do still work on OCN.

Ah, that's interesting, congrats on getting the Graphics Artist position!

Ahem... how does making a strikethrough button to attach to that code sound like? ;)