Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD CPUs (https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/)
-   -   Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX, 2970WX, 2950X, 2920X owners club (https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1705286-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx-2970wx-2950x-2920x-owners-club.html)

tyrex13 08-23-2018 10:06 AM

Any ideas on why the initial Passmark Benchmarks are so low for the 2990?

Djreversal 08-28-2018 06:10 PM

Hey guys just got my system up and running.. So far so good. I have my 2990wx stable at 4.05ghz.. i could probably push it more but it seems to do better on some benchmark scores at this speed then it did at 4.1-4.2ghz. Memory i have settled in at 3200. Consistent 6300 on Cinebench15

cekim 08-28-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djreversal (Post 27599672)
Hey guys just got my system up and running.. So far so good. I have my 2990wx stable at 4.05ghz.. i could probably push it more but it seems to do better on some benchmark scores at this speed then it did at 4.1-4.2ghz. Memory i have settled in at 3200. Consistent 6300 on Cinebench15

MB?
Bios OC or in Windows?

Been playing around with my MSI MEG and 2990WX. Compared to Asus/intel OC, this BIOS interface is.... a little... hamfisted...

Gotten a nice bump in geek-bench so far:
Bone stock:
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9607264
single: 4905 multi: 46923

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9609374
single: 5399 multi: 62045

Djreversal 08-28-2018 07:11 PM

This is windows 10, MSI MEG Motherboard, Current Bios, and yes Bios Overclock. And wow big difference with geekbench on linux vs windows ... my overclock is slower then your stock!!!

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9622803

Djreversal 08-28-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cekim (Post 27599690)
MB?
Bios OC or in Windows?

Been playing around with my MSI MEG and 2990WX. Compared to Asus/intel OC, this BIOS interface is.... a little... hamfisted...

Gotten a nice bump in geek-bench so far:
Bone stock:
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9607264
single: 4905 multi: 46923

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9609374
single: 5399 multi: 62045


Above

cekim 08-28-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djreversal (Post 27599742)
This is windows 10, MSI MEG Motherboard, Current Bios, and yes Bios Overclock. And wow big difference with geekbench on linux vs windows ... my overclock is slower then your stock!!!

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9622803

Yeah windows is a boat anchor on this chip right now...

Are you just changing the multiplier? Any other settings?

Djreversal 08-29-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cekim (Post 27599780)
Yeah windows is a boat anchor on this chip right now...

Are you just changing the multiplier? Any other settings?

I did the voltages.. on the ram and the processor. trying to see whats going on if its the overclock or not effecting my fumefx simulation. 3dsmax just closes out right now and im not sure why. my benchmarks seem stable and fine.. not sure if its a problem on the memory side or not.. going to do some prime95 runs and what not.

cekim 08-29-2018 02:00 PM

Did you install windows natively or move it over from another machine? I can't get past win10 demanding drivers in setup to do a clean install...

Dug up a sata DVD drive - manually browsed to every dir on the provided DVD and it doesn't find anything that gets me past this...

lowdog 08-29-2018 04:43 PM

You guys with the MEG can you test something for me please - Balanced power plan - put the system to sleep and see if it will wake after half an hour - I know it's an ask but need to know!

I have the MEG currently with a 1900X till 2950X becomes available.

Initially the 1900X would not down volt or down clock under windows balanced power plan - was stuck at 3800MHz and 1.4+ volts with no XFR working......MSI sent me beta bios 121 and that fixed the issue.

With both official bios available on MSI site the system would wake from sleep if woken within a few minutes of having been put to sleep.....if left for more than say 20 minutes it would try to wake, debug code would start cycling then stop at debug code 00 and the system would be frozen, both reset and power buttons on case and motherboard were non functional and only way out of the freeze was to turn off power at the wall socket. Beta bios 121 would not wake from sleep no matter what and would always freeze with debug code 00 and need a hard power off at the wall socket to get back up an running.

Also there is an issue with setting SOC voltage and having it apply when memory frequency is set above 2933MHz.

MSI have replicated the issues and say they are working on a fix....how long it will take who knows.



Also if anyone has a CRDOM drive attached vis SATA and they experience any weird PCIE lag or detection problems when opening file explorer and having it load up the drives or HWiNFO64 freezing at "detecting SCSI/SATA" when loading up sensors it may be due to the rom drive as there seems to be some sort of detection issue for some reason, your millage may vary with this one but there is definitely some issue going on on the detecting PCIE device level.


I even had Disk Manager hanging big time with "Connecting with virtual disk services" while trying to load up disk drives. With the cdrom drive disconnected no issue with opening up Disk Management. Once I managed to get drivers installed for the cdrom drive things became more stable but it was a PITA of a process.

Djreversal 08-29-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cekim (Post 27601020)
Did you install windows natively or move it over from another machine? I can't get past win10 demanding drivers in setup to do a clean install...

Dug up a sata DVD drive - manually browsed to every dir on the provided DVD and it doesn't find anything that gets me past this...

Mine did a NDIS network crash every time when i tried bringing over my m.2 over.. i had to format and reinstall


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.