Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Hardware News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/)
-   -   [FB] CaseLabs Closing Its Doors (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/1705572-fb-caselabs-closing-its-doors.html)

aludka 08-10-2018 04:24 PM

[FB] CaseLabs Closing Its Doors

Very sad news. Just went to look for some parts and found this at the top;
Quote:

"We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

Source

Source 2

Lady Fitzgerald 08-10-2018 04:45 PM

80%? Curious. Everything I've read put the tariffs at only 25%.

iamjanco 08-10-2018 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I'm speechless. Life will go on though.

bmgjet 08-10-2018 04:55 PM

This is the worrying bit.

Quote:

We are doing our best to ship as many orders as we can, but we won’t be able to ship them all.
So those that have been getting ignored and no replys to emails or any updates are going to be left high and dry since its long past the window of credit card cash back from all the delays.

Silicon Lottery 08-10-2018 04:55 PM

You'll be missed Case Labs! Hope everyone there has good luck in their future endeavors.

I know everything has been rough there lately, it's sad to see it all come to an end though.

Dotachin 08-10-2018 05:06 PM

I don't get it, I thought CaseLabs costumers were not into looking for bargains. And "The default of a large account"? Did they sell on credit? This is too abstract to me

edit: also I recall them posting about military contracts not long ago wth?

BLOWNCO 08-10-2018 05:11 PM

This is strange with the amount that the cases cost. I mean they had to have a decent income on those premium cases?

axiumone 08-10-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotachin (Post 27570196)
I don't get it, I thought CaseLabs costumers were not into looking for bargains. And "The default of a large account"? Did they sell on credit? This is too abstract to me

edit: also I recall them posting about military contracts not long ago wth?

I think a very large portion of their business were server racks and customized enclosures for medical equipment. Orders like that are usually net 30, so yes, it's credit.

Gohan_Nightwing 08-10-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLOWNCO (Post 27570206)
This is strange with the amount that the cases cost. I mean they had to have a decent income on those premium cases?

Yea... I'm not buying it... Unless they outsourced their product manufacturing entirely. Seems kind of stupid for a custom built PC company. Prices will always be higher when you buy smaller amounts of something overseas...

Zero4549 08-10-2018 05:28 PM

*flamesuit on*

And nothing of particular value has been lost.

All joking aside, this does suck, but I can't say I'm terribly shocked or that it will have any significant impact on... well... anything (memes and absurd "because I can" builds side).