Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Monitors and Displays (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/)
-   -   ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q (QR) - Removal of Matte Coating (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/1715146-asus-rog-swift-pg278q-qr-removal-matte-coating.html)

Wolfferino 12-23-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallsignVega (Post 27765656)
The glue on *some* AR film is water soluble. You have to leave the paper towels on the AR film for 5-6 hours so that the water can seep through the microscopic pores of the film and dissolve the glue. I have de-matted about 30 displays. On more recent TN panels (like the Asus PG27VQ), they are no longer using water soluble glue. I've never damaged a polarizer. The biggest issue I have seen is that there is always residual glue left, which can smear/make the screen sticky and harder to clean.

The Asus PG27VQ and it's coating is what led me to this forum after hours of searching online. This is the first time i've seen anyone mention this screen in the same sentence as de-matting.
Can you please enlighten me, is there any way "safe" way to remove the coating on this display?
It really bothers me and I've just gotten it after returning 2 other screens.

Thanks beforehand

CallsignVega 12-24-2018 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfferino (Post 27773208)
The Asus PG27VQ and it's coating is what led me to this forum after hours of searching online. This is the first time i've seen anyone mention this screen in the same sentence as de-matting.
Can you please enlighten me, is there any way "safe" way to remove the coating on this display?
It really bothers me and I've just gotten it after returning 2 other screens.

Thanks beforehand

No, the glue on the PG27VQ is not water soluble. I had to send it back and get a PG278QR. Removing the extremely nasty film they put on TN panels is the only way I will use one.

Wolfferino 12-24-2018 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallsignVega (Post 27773628)
No, the glue on the PG27VQ is not water soluble. I had to send it back and get a PG278QR. Removing the extremely nasty film they put on TN panels is the only way I will use one.

Did you learn this by trying it yourself or did you read it somewhere?

There is no chemical solution that can get the film off?

I'm not ready to give up on this display yet.. !

CallsignVega 12-25-2018 06:35 AM

Yes I tried it myself. Dow makes plenty of chemicals you could try, something like CH3C(O)CH2CH3 ;)

Wolfferino 12-25-2018 11:46 AM

double post..

Wolfferino 12-27-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallsignVega (Post 27774926)
Yes I tried it myself. Dow makes plenty of chemicals you could try, something like CH3C(O)CH2CH3 ;)

I'm a layman and my chemistry knowledge is at a mediocre level at best.

If there is a "ready to buy" solution, than that would be helpful .

Madness11 01-12-2019 07:42 AM

Sad :((( Have new one PG27VQ , and have dead pixels :(((( Going to service centre , they will fix ?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.